• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Being an Idiot

Let's see... I got very confused with the new 3D and didn't know I could go under the bridge that was blocking my path.
Oh gosh, I thought I was the only one who did that. I kept on trying to find a bike and it wouldn't be found. Similiarly, the first time I was in the moving truck in Sapphire, I was hopelessly confused. Hoenn was difficult for ten-year-old!me.

I distinctly remember trying to catch the Ghost Marowak with a Master Ball, which seemed like a good idea at the time.

Also, in my first game, I named myself AAAAAAA and my rival ANN. :>

Named my rival ??? in Pokemon Crystal. Because that was his name, no? ...
Could not beat Jasmine, so I did not have the surf HM. I would go out to the sea and think that the people there were drowning and I had to save them. Imagine my surprise when I saw they were trainers...

In Pokemon White, in Pinwheel Forest, I thought that one point was a dead end and searched around for a half hour until I realized the stump was a passage. -_-"

When I was first playing R/B I didn't understand the concept of switching boxes, so after one PC box filled up I just started releasing Pokemon. :|

I also started my game over because I got lost in Seafoam Island.

And I thought Onix could fly, because its sprite looked like it was flying to me.

I was like eight if that helps.

My team was not that strong (about level 40 average) and saved just before Lance in Silver version. Yup, kept getting battered by his Dragonite.

HEEEYYY SOKKA'S BACK.

About the pronunciations:

If you ask me, it's a potato, potahto kind of thing. I mean, sure, it's going to be a tad annoying hearing some fail kid come along saying Pikachu like "Pike-achoo", but hey, at least we know he's talking about Pikachu and not Rayquaza or something. XD But on the whole Gardevoir debate, I say it like "Gar-duh-vore" (like vore rhyming with gore). I'll leave the French to their toast and let them say "Vwahr" all the like. 'S cool with me. :D

About the topic of being a derpizard:

...Not sure if you can call this idiotic, since it actually worked and I thought of the idea for it, but back in FireRed/LeafGreen, I used a Machoke against Sabrina.

The reason I don't know if it's considered idiotic, is that, yes, Fighting is trumped by Psychic, but Psychic types have (typically) extremely low defense (yes I get Metagross is also Psychic and his defense is probably higher than Spear Pillar ._.), so the Fighting type moves worked pretty well. Sure Machoke took some ouchies, since I think a lot of Fighting types have a low Special Defense, but, hey, it worked. XD Ahahaaa.

Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done this, but...
When I still had my innocence, I named a crapload of my Pokemon "Horny", because they had horns.
I'd even name several of them that name on accident. Heracross, Rhydon, etc. Then I'd wind up slugging at my enemies with my team of Horny Pokemon, sure, our defense may have been rock solid, but I think we were a bit too fast, our attack kept softening up, and we came to face defeat too early in the battle.

Eehhhhhheheh.

list of poly mispronunciations;
still have a latios with cut/psychic/luster purge/dragon claw and a rayquaza with extremespeed/waterfall/strength/fly, not gonna change their movesets for nostalgia reasons but the fact that they had those sets to begin with xP

What's wrong with that? On my HG I have a Latias with Whirlpool/Surf/Fly/Cut and Mankey with Strength/Rock Smash/Rock Climb as my HM slaves (Gyarados knows Waterfall), allowing me to have 4 "active" pokemon (including Gyarados).

What's wrong with that? On my HG I have a Latias with Whirlpool/Surf/Fly/Cut and Mankey with Strength/Rock Smash/Rock Climb as my HM slaves (Gyarados knows Waterfall), allowing me to have 4 "active" pokemon (including Gyarados).

why would you make latias an hm slave.

Not really my fault, but still makes me feel like an idiot.

I was working through Rock Tunnel, and I ran into a shiny mankey which is one of my favorite pokemon, and the first shiny I've ever found, so before catching it, I decided to weaken it, and I OHKOed it with a rattata. A Rattata!! I feel horrible now.

I'm certain I've said this elsewhere, but I one-hit latias not knowing what it was.

I've also had a gyarados HM slave, and I also seem to have the habit of using my starters in the same manner...

Where to start...

Well, I don't remember who, might've been Flannery, I was against a Magcargo anyway. The sun was blazng, and I had a Fire pokemon with Solarbeam, a Fighting move and Fire Blast (or Flamethrower). We were both on our last pokemon. I could've crushed it with the fighting move or Solarbeam (the sun was strong). But now, I tried using Flamethower because the sun would have made it more powerful. Yeah. 0.25x effectiveness, cue Magcargo using Earthquak or Rock Slide or something and rapes my last pokemon.

Hmmm... On one of my runs on Ruby, due to my annoying brother, I was convinced Groudon was impossible to catch without a Masterball. I didn't get the masterball because the magma hideout sealed. Very stupid. To add to that, I KO'd the Groudon with one Leaf Blade from Sceptile because I thought Groudon was impossible to catch. Ugh.

What else... ah yes, the MAJOR KING OF IDIOTNESS. I was training weaker pokemon in Leaf Green (i'd already completed the game) and at the same time i was Shiny hunting. I had my Masterball with me in case. Anyway, I didnt have Fly and needed to escape the grass as I only had one pokemon left, my weakest which was 10 lvs under the pokemon available in the area, had about 4hp left, and was paralyzed. One step of grass left and a wild pokemon appeared. Didn't know what it was because I senselessly turned off my GBASP. Agggh, so much regret. Because I was convinced it was the legendary pokemon music, not the normal music. I looked online and lo and behold, I just found out you can find the legendary beasts/cats/dogs/gerbils/hamsters/gorillaz/whatevers on Leaf Green. I literally cried (note I had my masterball with me). For weeks I searched for it again, but never did I find it. AGGGHHHHHH. Turns out it would have been Entei, my least favourite beast/cat/dog/gerbil/hamster/gorilla/whatever, so it wasn't too bad (I would have snapped by GBASP in half if it was Raikou)

I insist on calling them cats; Riakou is a tiger, Entei is a lion, and Suicune is a...panther, I think. But legendary gerbils is still amazing.

I used to call them dogs but only because that's what my brother said. :P

I think it would be more of a mixture. Raikou and Entei are definetely based on cats, sabre-tooth tiger and lion. Suicune I think is more of a dog. I just don't see a panther there - I think it looks more like a wolf. Which is why I know just call them by the offical name, the legendary beasts

Named my rival ??? in Pokemon Crystal. Because that was his name, no? ...
Could not beat Jasmine, so I did not have the surf HM. I would go out to the sea and think that the people there were drowning and I had to save them. Imagine my surprise when I saw they were trainers...

Hahaha, I think we all had problems with Silver at first, all thought 'he' was called ???, and 'he' looked like a girl. Never heard about that drowning one though. For your idiotness sir, you win a cookie

I used to call them dogs but only because that's what my brother said. :P

I think it would be more of a mixture. Raikou and Entei are definetely based on cats, sabre-tooth tiger and lion. Suicune I think is more of a dog. I just don't see a panther there - I think it looks more like a wolf. Which is why I know just call them by the offical name, the legendary beasts

As old as this debate is, probably the best explanation for the legendary design basis that I've heard is various eastern mythological creatures, such as the Raijin (is this the correct spelling?) That isn't to say that their only inspiration was of those creatures, but I find it's often overlooked in conversations like this.

A friend of mine was level-grinding in Ruby, so she wasn't paying much attention and KO'd a shiny Swablu. She realized this as it fainted. It would have been her first shiny. >:

Back
Top Bottom