• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be very disappointed if Nintendo keeps advertising these new, revolutionary games, and all we get are some shiny new features like people run around you and Pokémon move during battles.

Honestly, it boggles my mind that they actually bothered to create several fluid 80x80 pixel art animations of something like six hundred different monsters. With quantities like that involved, it wouldn't have surprised me one bit if somebody had told me this would be downright impossible to do in practice. Most DS games using animated 2D sprites that I've seen have the enormous advantage of being able to pretty much directly import hand-drawn art for every frame, but Pokémon sprites are actually made pixel by pixel and I can't even begin to imagine how many total hours of spriting must have gone into this. You may well be able to point me to a hundred DS games that are prettier to look at, but I seriously, seriously appreciate the work they did here.

mesighs

Yes, I agree that they look pretty cool, 'specially the white one (even though IK wanna see the typing before I make a decision), but I kinda miss the old days when legendaries were simple. Back then it seemed like a trainer would be able to capture and befriend a legendary, I.E. Mew, birdies, Mewtwo, Dogies, etc., but now they're like almighty beings from another realm. :/ Not saying that's a bad thing; the legendaries of creation actually have pretty cool stories, but still... just miss the old days...

But really, fuck dragons. And if that thing isn't Dark, I'ma hurt myself. :/

So would Reshiram's cloud butt make it a flying type? We already have too many flying dragons.

Dunsparce Evolution. DO IT! NAO!

Seriously, heaps of Gen 1 and Gen 2 Mon have got evos or prevos made, but Dunsparce is one of the few I can think of off the top of my head (Skarmory, Delibird, Unknown, Girafferig, Quilfish, Shuckle, Heracross, Smeargle, ect) who has nothing of the sort. The possibilities for these Pokémon are awsome, Nintendo just has to figure out how to unlock the awsome without messing it up *Cough*Ambipom and Budew*Cough*

At first, I was disappointed because I wanted Reshiram but I wanted Pokemon Black and I thought, "This is a white Pokemon. It's probably going on White."

Then I get the news that it's for Black. Yay. <3

Also, these new Pokemon look incredibly Digimon-ish. Very much so.

I kind of hope that the older mediocre Pokemon don't get evolutions, because if they get evolutions then we have no more mediocre Pokemon. Mediocre Pokemon are fun to use because they are mediocre. If they get evolutions, then there's really no point in keeping them at their first stage, and then they're ruined.

The only Pokemon that actually NEEDS an evolution is Luvdisc, really.

Wow.

I have a REALLY hard time deciding. Both of Reshiram and Zekrom are so cool!!! I'll probably get white, even though I want Reshiram, since I usually get the "other" version.

Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, SoulSilver... Not LG though.

Edit: Since Zekrom is the most hyped of them, most people will probably get White, so I guess I should be getting Black, but I just like the color white more...

Who knows, I might just end up with Black just because Reshiram is so cool.

So my friend just pointed out to me that Tsutaja looks like Excalibur from Soul Eater.

I now have a nickname for mine!

I misread "Soul Eater" as "Soul Calibur" and was all "whut" until I read it again, hurr.

...but maybe I've got a nickname for my zekrom now? :D Siegfried or Charade... hm.

So my friend just pointed out to me that Tsutaja looks like Excalibur from Soul Eater.

I now have a nickname for mine!

e7cbe5bacbbf72a2571276b.png

hahahaha this dude on pb had that as his usertitle and then when tootysooty or whatever was revealed he photoshopped that crap onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom