• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

Here is a challenge I am offering to ref, for up to 18 participants. This is heavily based on Eifie's Baby Bug Brawl challenge and we also collaborated on the arena, so one of those spots is reserved for her and Jo-Ni, TiMF Travler of Dears. If you do not already have a Luvdisc but would like to participate in this battle, send me a VM and I'll buy one for you or reimburse you for the cost!

Format: 1v1v1v1v...v1
DQ: a really long time
Damage Cap: 25% in the first round, none afterwards
Banned/Restricted Moves: none
Arena Description: A brawl pit for mini luvs (basically a really big open-air pool). Could this sea more adorable?

• Only Luvdisc can be used, and any signature attributes/moves are considered to be nullified for the duration of the battle.
  • Every Pokemon will start with 50% health and 50% energy, in the interest of having this battle not drag on for too long.
  • Commands will be PMed to the ref (me). If a trainer doesn't send in commands within a week of the reffing being posted, their Luvdisc will not do anything for the round.
  • This battle doesn't take up a slot, will not award monetary prizes, and won't count towards win/loss records.
  • Upon accepting the challenge, each player should post a type, a thematically related costume, and a link to the Luvdisc they intend to use. Their Luvdisc will then dress up, gaining the chosen type as a secondary typing for the duration of the battle and also obtaining access to a move of that type, detailed below. However, this move can only be used once in the battle.
    • Normal: Techno Blast
    • Fire: Sacred Fire
    • Grass: Seed Flare
    • Ground: Precipice Blades
    • Flying: Dragon Ascent
    • Psychic: Psystrike
    • Rock: Diamond Storm
    • Ghost: Shadow Force
    • Dragon: Roar of Time
    • Dark: Hyperspace Fury
    • Steel: Doom Desire
    • Fairy: Light of Ruin
    • Ice: Ice Burn
    • Water: Steam Eruption (the Luvdisc will be pure Water type, not Water/Water)
    • Electric: Volt Tackle
    • Fighting: High Jump Kick
    • Poison*: Belch
    • Bug*: Tail Glow
*If more than 16 people are interested, or someone really really wants their Luvdisc to be one of these types, these types will also be made available.
  1. Eifie (Jo-Ni TiMF Travler of Dears, Electric, Pikachu ears and dye)
  2. JackPK (totally a rhyperior, Rock, helmet)
  3. The Omskivar (Sergio, Ground, miner's hat)
  4. Superbird (Lotta, Fairy, Lotta Hart costume)
  5. Metallica Fanboy (Irony, Normal, thick-framed diving goggles)
  6. TruetoCheese (Tom Foolery, Dark, dapper costume)
  7. Lord of the Fireflies (Lady McSpooky, Ghost, spooky costume)
  8. I liek Squirtles (Coeur Brisé, Dragon, Chinese dragon costume)
  9. Wargle (Pompadour, Steel, Gothic plate armor)
  10. Totodile (The Fish, Grass, laurel wreath + fig leaf)
  11. Bobino (Luvdisc, Ice, beanie with snowflakes around edges)
  12. Vipera Magnifica (no homo, Fighting, Nike snapback and Axe)
  13. Emperor_Evulz (Lovebug, Flying, waterproof chicken outfit)

Last edited:
Here is a challenge I am offering to ref, for up to 18 participants. This is heavily based on Eifie's Baby Bug Brawl challenge and we also collaborated on the arena, so one of those spots is reserved for her and Jo-Ni, TiMF Travler of Dears. If you do not already have a Luvdisc but would like to participate in this battle, send me a VM and I'll buy one for you or reimburse you for the cost!

Format: 1v1v1v1v...1
Arena Description: A brawl pit for mini luvs (basically a really big open-air pool.) Could this sea more adorable?
-Only Luvdisc can be used, and any signature attributes/moves are considered to be nullified for the duration of the battle.
-Every Pokemon will start with 50% health and 50% energy, in the interest of having this battle not drag on for too long.
-Commands will be PMed to the ref (me.) If a trainer doesn't send in commands within a week of the reffing being posted, their Luvdisc will not do anything for the round.
-This battle doesn't take up a slot, will not award monetary prizes, and won't count towards win/loss records.
-Upon accepting the challenge, each player should post a type, a thematically related costume, and a link to the Luvdisc they intend to use. Their Luvdisc will then dress up, gaining the chosen type as a secondary typing for the duration of the battle and also obtaining access to a move of that type, detailed below. However, this move can only be used once in the battle.
*If more than 16 people are interested, or someone really really wants their Luvdisc to be one of types, these types will also be made available.
1. Eifie (Jo-Ni TiMF Travler of Dears, Electric, Pikachu ears)
2. you?!

Aha, I have a slot open! totally a rhyperior and I will participate and take the Rock-type slot!

totally a rhyperior is wearing a Protector on his face. He thinks that's a good disguise but he's wrong. He's so wrong.

Arena Description: A brawl pit for mini luvs (basically a really big open-air pool.) Could this sea more adorable?
-Only Luvdisc can be used, and any signature attributes/moves are considered to be nullified for the duration of the battle.
-Every Pokemon will start with 50% health and 50% energy, in the interest of having this battle not drag on for too long.
-Commands will be PMed to the ref (me.) If a trainer doesn't send in commands within a week of the reffing being posted, their Luvdisc will not do anything for the round.
-This battle doesn't take up a slot, will not award monetary prizes, and won't count towards win/loss records.
-Upon accepting the challenge, each player should post a type, a thematically related costume, and a link to the Luvdisc they intend to use. Their Luvdisc will then dress up, gaining the chosen type as a secondary typing for the duration of the battle and also obtaining access to a move of that type, detailed below. However, this move can only be used once in the battle.
*If more than 16 people are interested, or someone really really wants their Luvdisc to be one of types, these types will also be made available.
3. you?!

Oh man, I'm so in, Sergio will be putting on a dapper little miner's hat and taking the Ground type.

[hide=rules]-Only Luvdisc can be used, and any signature attributes/moves are considered to be nullified for the duration of the battle.
*If more than 16 people are interested, or someone really really wants their Luvdisc to be one of types, these types will also be made available.[/hide]
3. you?!

As the Brilliant Baby Bug Ball Brawl Battle Bonanza finishes itself up (The Omskivar is writing up the last round currently) I think it's nice that this is starting.

...what, ref it? No way. I'm not gonna pass up the chance to make a pun with Lotta, who will be dressing up as Lotta Hart, including a green sweater, afro, and camera, and will consequentially be able to flash people with the camera a lot and spread gossip. Very mischievous, like a Fairy-type, methinks.

3. you?!

... You know what? Sign me the hell up. Let's enter Irony, the Luvdisc that I actually obtained before it was cool.

We're taking Normal-type for the irony points, and... give me a moment to dig up that one webcomic, and I'll get back on the apparel.
ETA: Nevermind, just fix us up with the thickest framed glasses imaginable. Rather, the thickest framed diving goggles. After all, we're going to be undergr- erm, underwater.

Last edited:

3. you?!

Doesn't count as a battle? Check. Customization Check? Buy a Luvdisc? ...Fine

Meet Tom Foolery, the world's coolest cat (who is also a fish).

F7TJ5ei.png

The darkest Luvdisc you'll ever see. Those are his indoor clothes.

Sorry for the double post!

After much discussion with Eta Carinae, we arrived at a conclusion that we need to tell the world about.

The Train battle is now a Tag battle.

Changes are the tagness of the battle (of course), the damage cap being raised to 45%, there now being two teams, the first round of sendouts being PMed to the referee and it being mandatory for participating Pokemon to wear swanky shades when battling (which I guess I'll slap on the sendout's sprites after the ref announces them). Suggestions for further changes are welcome, Jerome wishes to upgrade his services.

TEAM CHEESUS CHRIST:
-Eta Carinae

TEAM EAT A CARRION:
-TruetoCheese

(team names are pending approval by team members)

Try your best to not STAB Type advantage poor Prickles :c

He doesn't want to go extinct in one round like one of his cruelly coffinated comrades >:C (Not that he can because damage cap but still)

I... hem... OK!

EDIT: Apparently I had to choose whose team I was to partain in, so random.org decided on Team Cheesus Christ! Of which I'm very happy because Cheesus Christ is pretty fuckin hilarious

Arena Description: A brawl pit for mini luvs (basically a really big open-air pool). Could this sea more adorable?

• Only Luvdisc can be used, and any signature attributes/moves are considered to be nullified for the duration of the battle.
  • Every Pokemon will start with 50% health and 50% energy, in the interest of having this battle not drag on for too long.
  • Commands will be PMed to the ref (me). If a trainer doesn't send in commands within a week of the reffing being posted, their Luvdisc will not do anything for the round.
  • This battle doesn't take up a slot, will not award monetary prizes, and won't count towards win/loss records.
  • Upon accepting the challenge, each player should post a type, a thematically related costume, and a link to the Luvdisc they intend to use. Their Luvdisc will then dress up, gaining the chosen type as a secondary typing for the duration of the battle and also obtaining access to a move of that type, detailed below. However, this move can only be used once in the battle.
*If more than 16 people are interested, or someone really really wants their Luvdisc to be one of these types, these types will also be made available.
  7. you?!

Also that!

With that!

spooky

Last edited:

7. you?!

I'm entering Coeur Brisé. She'll be a Dragon type wearing a Chinese dragon costume.

I'll bring Pompadour, in a gothic suit of plate armor, obviously for the steel type

The armor style, for reference

Sorry for the double post!

After much discussion with Eta Carinae, we arrived at a conclusion that we need to tell the world about.

The Train battle is now a Tag battle.

Changes are the tagness of the battle (of course), the damage cap being raised to 45%, there now being two teams, the first round of sendouts being PMed to the referee and it being mandatory for participating Pokemon to wear swanky shades when battling (which I guess I'll slap on the sendout's sprites after the ref announces them). Suggestions for further changes are welcome, Jerome wishes to upgrade his services.

TEAM CHEESUS CHRIST:
-Eta Carinae

TEAM EAT A CARRION:
-TruetoCheese

(team names are pending approval by team members)

Try your best to not STAB Type advantage poor Prickles :c

He doesn't want to go extinct in one round like one of his cruelly coffinated comrades >:C (Not that he can because damage cap but still)

Cool, I'll join! LotF seems to have joined Cheese's team, so I'll join Eta's~

Actually, it was quite the contrary, but honestly I don't mind at all

worst case scenario the ref randomizes teams upon posting the battle

Oops, I completely misread the teams (why are they inverted?)

yeah I'll just be on whoever's team the ref feels like putting me on

Oops, I completely misread the teams (why are they inverted?)

yeah I'll just be on whoever's team the ref feels like putting me on

BLASPHEMY THE TEAM NAMES ARE PERFECTLY RELEVANT

Alright since Eifie has taken a break from reffing conducting out crazy train, a job is now available. And yes the ref will just randomize the battlers if no one decides on a specific team. It's all up to them regardless.

Format: 4v4
Style: set doubles
DQ: whatever
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: Direct recovery, Attract, Double Team, Rain Dance, Hail, Sandstorm. Moves will never inflict confusion.
Arena: a casual greenhouse date

let's have fun in the greenhouse with our grass type pokemon! i mean, i guess you could bring a non-grass type? but the flowers here let off some pretty thick stun spore and sleep powder every round, so you'd better make sure they don't lose their goggles... safer to just bring a grass type and not worry about it, don't you think?

there's plenty of room to move around inside the green house, and there are cement walking paths through the soft dirt, in case anyone wants to use a rock move. and the glass is pretty thick, so no worries if there's an earthquake, either.

Format: 2v2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healers, Attract, Captivate, Dig, Earthquake
Arena Description: Vermilion Gym

A plain indoor arena. Besides the huge American flag hanging obnoxiously on the far wall, there is little in the way of decoration. Overhead, the high ceiling is closed, but the weather simulators are fully operational, allowing moves such as Rain Dance to be used. Lt. Surge's Raichu is examining the battle from the sidelines, insistent on only the toughest trainers duking it out here; thus, if a Pokemon uses more than one non-damaging move per round, Raichu will punch that Pokemon, dealing 4% typeless damage. Because of the gym's type affiliation, electric-type moves deal 1% more damage for 1% less energy after all other calculations are applied.

The Fish would love to join in! He'll be a grass-type, wearing a laurel wreath and a fig leaf. His taste in fashion is impeccable.

Format: 2v2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healers, Attract, Captivate, Dig, Earthquake
Arena Description: Vermilion Gym

A plain indoor arena. Besides the huge American flag hanging obnoxiously on the far wall, there is little in the way of decoration. Overhead, the high ceiling is closed, but the weather simulators are fully operational, allowing moves such as Rain Dance to be used. Lt. Surge's Raichu is examining the battle from the sidelines, insistent on only the toughest trainers duking it out here; thus, if a Pokemon uses more than one non-damaging move per round, Raichu will punch that Pokemon, dealing 4% typeless damage. Because of the gym's type affiliation, electric-type moves deal 1% more damage for 1% less energy after all other calculations are applied.

I would very much like to accept this challenge!

10. Totodile (The Fish, Grass, laurel wreath + fig leaf)

If I could please join and snatch up that Ice Type, that would be awesome!

EDIT: So sorry, forgot to include love disc's costume!

Luvdisc will be decked out in a winter beanie with snowflakes around the edge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom