• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Electric Soldier Porygon Exaggeration?

Ayame

Weeping Willow Pines.
I have no idea, but I heard that the episode Electric Soldier Porygon's supposed thousand (or another large number) children who had a seizure is a bit of an exaggeration, and that only a few children in Japan actually had seizures. I did not hear this from a Pokémon fan, but from the (mostly) reliable snopes.com. With all the things that ARE false out there, it's not that hard to believe. However, what do you think? Things get exaggerated easily.

I think you're right. Electric Soldier Porygon was a perfectly fine episode. Except for the exaggerated horror of blowing stuff up.

But the 'Shaking Island Battle' thing was pathetic. Why don't we ban all sales of Pokemon games to prevent kids from thinking about earthquakes?

Yes. Also, i don't see why Porygon has been banned too when it was Pikachu that caused the explosion... Porygon had nothing to do with it. Poor thing.

What I meant was that it's never been seen again. Apart from a brief cameo in the opening credits of something or other.

And where does it say 'Prygon'?

But the 'Shaking Island Battle' thing was pathetic. Why don't we ban all sales of Pokemon games to prevent kids from thinking about earthquakes?
There was just a devastaing earthquake, and they thought that it was the wrong time to have an episode like that.

It's common in Japan (but probably many other countries) to not air episodes of shows pertaining to earthquakes when a major earthquake just occured. Not much you can do about it, just common courtesy if anything.

Last edited:
I agree. Porygon is innocent; it just happened to be floating around when the explosion happened, and it got blamed ;_; "scapegon," as my sister calls it. I wanted to see Porygon again on one of the future episodes, but with a bad reputation like this, how will it ever? >:(

Dude, it's Porygon. It's not like it'd get any other appearances anyway.

Dude, it's Porygon. It's not like it'd get any other appearances anyway.

OOOOH BURRN

I think that a stigma has risen over Porygon by non-Pokemon fans (particularly parents) and it doesn't seem like Ninty's going to take it lightly.

I mean, hey, it's not Porygon's fault. Pikachu was the one that shocked Porygon, causing the seizures. We should ban Pikachu instead...

banning episodes pertaining to earthquakes when there's a real one....Japan is in the Ring of Fire, it's going to happen /a lot/.

Last edited:
Regardless of how many seizures the episode caused, whether it was a thousand or fifty, the episode itself was right to have been banned, or at the very least editted so the seizure-causing flashes were gone. If you've never seen the episode before, you have no idea that there's something in it that causes seizures, and to be hit unaware like that if it can be avoided by not playing or editing the episode...

What I don't think is right is that Porygon and its evolutions have never appeared in the show since. They're awesome and original Pokemon (at least Porygon was, being the first of its kind), and I don't think they should be penalized for just being the feature of that episode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom