• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Final Fantasy

EDIT: Apart from the all-console policy of FFXI, SE really doesn't want anything to do with Microsoft.
Everything non-Wii, you mean. Nintendo doesn't want a thing to do with ditching friend codes.

Probably, yeah. It's just that Nintendo is too in love with their idea of friend codes to allow any MMORPGs on it.

Which sucks because I'm not going to be allowed to put it on my PS2 and my laptop graphics card sucks :\

Isn't PS2 FFXI on different servers than the others and about a hundred dollars more expensive than the rest? you'd likely be better off getting a new graphics card if you were going to try for PS2 FFXI

No, all consoles share servers and sure the cord thingy/keyboard/adapter thingy/harddrive gets pricey, but upgrading laptop cards aren't exactly the simplest thing to do. I have to research moar.

Huh. I was pretty sure there're PS2-only servers and 360-only servers and probably PC-only ones!

You're still almost certainly better off upgrading the laptop's graphics card than trying to get the PS2 stuff set up. :/

Nope, some of my LS members play on PS2.

If the PS2 was set up for WiFi I'd be all for it.

There's just the whole thing that my parents don't know I'm playing an MMO.

Let's see, I have DoS(Terribly underrated in my opinion), the Advance versions of IV and V, and X.

I really don't understand the hate towards FFII. The stat system was unique, fun, and flexible, unlike the 'get X exp. to reach level Y and gain Z amount of stat points'. It gets a lot less credit than it deserves, IMO. And the music is made of awesome. Also, I love V's class system. It's really fun apart from the ABP grinding that sometimes happens. Tidus is a twit in X, although some of the music is great, like when you're fighting Sin's fins and
Seymour Flux

Last edited by a moderator:
I've... played VI. :D? (My brother has played I, but... I think I'll leave games that involve so much deciphering of spell/item names and various game workings to him. Especially after seeing him spend hours not realizing he hadn't actually equipped any of his weapons.)

VI was a fun game, even if the gameplay kind of fell apart in the World of Ruin (and what did you DO to the final boss? D8) Kefka was just awesome~

I think most of the other games are for systems I don't have, so... =\ It's possible that some time in the future I may get around to playing them. Maybe.

I really don't understand the hate towards FFII. The stat system was unique, fun, and flexible, unlike the 'get X exp. to reach level Y and gain Z amount of stat points'. It gets a lot less credit than it deserves, IMO. And the music is made of awesome.

Also considering that the story is pretty darn good.

Also, I love V's class system. It's really fun apart from the ABP grinding that sometimes happens.

The only thing I ever really had to grind for (not counting trying to master all jobs) was !Doublecast, which is like game-winning. Better earlier than later, though, considering Red Mages are plain sucky.

Tidus is a twit in X, although some of the music is great, like when you're fighting Sin's fins and Seymour Flux.

I think Tidus > Cloud but many would disagree.

I've... played VI. :D? (My brother has played I, but... I think I'll leave games that involve so much deciphering of spell/item names and various game workings to him. Especially after seeing him spend hours not realizing he hadn't actually equipped any of his weapons.)

Deciphering?

VI was a fun game, even if the gameplay kind of fell apart in the World of Ruin (and what did you DO to the final boss? D8) Kefka was just awesome~

Huh?

I think most of the other games are for systems I don't have, so... =\ It's possible that some time in the future I may get around to playing them. Maybe.

You could try VisualBoyAdvance for I, II, IV, and V, but...

I know that, but I could've sworn i read something that confirmed it.

but the reviews are coming in on IV DS, and 1up.com rates it a B

Deciphering?

Well, since the spell names all had to be only a few letters long, it was hard figuring out what some of them were supposed to be. Or maybe we were just bad at it. =/ And, like I said, it took him ages to even realize he hadn't properly equipped the stuff he bought to his characters... things like that.

I'm not saying it was awful, but the game just kind of lost any direction at that point. (Although it was fun hunting down some of the characters.) It also just... stopped being challenging. For example, it was easy to get insane amounts of gold, and you could beat all the bosses using the same strategy (cast buff spells on your party, pound away at any weaknesses... oh, look, they're dead.) As for the final boss, well, I didn't level-grind at all, but the final boss was just ridiculously easy. (And after all that work setting up a balanced order of party members, no one ended up getting swapped out. o.o;)

Kefka's awesomeness does not need explanation. :D

You could try VisualBoyAdvance for I, II, IV, and V, but...

Mmkay.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone play the original Final Fantasy Tactics. A couple of you what happened to the FFTA fanbase. Well they're all still playing the original because, IMO, it's tons better. I'm not talking about the PSP remake either which changed a lot of the dialog and names. The original Playstion version was the best. It seems that with each FFTA game they're deciding to make the story line less and less important. It's a shame considering the story of the original was very, very good.

Tidus is a twit in X, although some of the music is great, like when you're fighting Sin's fins and
Seymour Flux

I really enjoyed some of the music in X, too. I loved To Zanarkand (even better when it exploded into The Skies Above, but sadly that wasn't in-game), the Hymn of the Fayth, that music that plays towards the end... maybe when you're fighting the final boss storyline-wise or maybe just after that; I think the track's called Original Sin, anyways... Suteki Da Ne is really sweet (though the actual scene irritates me no end) and the Calm Lands music sends me into a coma :D

I think Tidus > Cloud but many would disagree.

I agree, but I think Tidus' annoyingness (for me, at least) is masked quite well by Yuna's overwhelming annoyingness. She's a White Mage in every sense of the word, and her voice makes me want to eat my own eyes.

My favourite from the series is FFIX. It's brilliant. I love the characters and the story and the places and it is <3.

It's got baby moogles, too :3 they spend their time running around in circles but they're still cute :3

I've got a copy of FFVIII here somewhere but I've never completed it. Maybe I'll turn my hand to that when I get back from France or something.

I like FFX - its plot isn't ZOMG AMAZING but it's fairly nice and I like all of the characters in a general sort of way. I adore the Sphere Grid - the characters are almost completely customisable [with the exception of Overdrives and summoning] and even after completing it like five times I'll still play it again.

I find getting all of the optional aeons and completing the side-quests and even maximising stats is great fun. :D

FFX-2 wasn't a bad game. It wasn't a great game, but it wasn't bad. It was fun at least and I enjoyed spherebreak and the dressphere system. Machina Maw was <3.

FFXII was a nice enough game I guess but the characters didn't sparkle with me and the plot can be reduced to "empire takes over most of world, queen rebels againt empire, turns out there are gods involved, turns out that the evil side is actually kind of good but not really and now everything's okay :D"

Haven't played FFVII or anything earlier than it, though, and I haven't played FFXI even though I own it and two expansion packs. I'm not looking forward to FFXIII but I'll get it when it comes out.

Harlequin, the plot of the entire Final Fantasy series is incredibly formulaic. :/ this should never be a surprise

Back
Top Bottom