• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

i think with what we know, the only town forces that could have killed anyone would've been a healclash or vig ... neither of which happened, so i have no clue wtf could have happened that night

Welcome back seri o7!

This feels odd to me. The confusion around Eifie's death has been pretty much resolved by now and that would be the only night with any sign that multiple people could have been killed. If you're telling the truth, the easiest explanation I could see is that Eifie tried to kill you while she'd been swapped the vigilante power, so I'm looking back at old posts for any sign that she might have wanted you dead. None so far. Hell, if Eifie died night two, that was the same day that she'd been saying someone should vig me earlier. And I don't think you'd said or done anything that would make you a particularly juicy mafia target either.

I don't think it would really be all that weird if Eifie shot seri even though she had previously said you should get resolved by shot because shooting such a clear projection would have maybe made it more obvious she was the vig and I think Eifie is likely to have that thought?

Also, later in the day it doesn't seem like she cares about resolving your slot more than the stack of people who were just harder to read or ended up being the lynch candidates are seri's name is like, in this pool:
people I would vote on rn are like... Mawile serimachi Stryke Mist (maybe) Flora RNP Odie_Pie

I actually think Odie_Pie is pretty likely to be mafia just based on the number of people in the thread that seem so towny

The math of Seri's claim makes sense: if Eifie was vig that night there should be two kills: one on Eifie from the mafia and the shot Eifie took that night. Eifie's shot couldn't have been blocked by RNP because he claimed to target Stryke N2.

So Serimachi's missing vest is either like, a perfect fake claim or more likely just true.

Thing is, if town had zero night kp, bulletproof would be an inherently towny role since there's no other benefit to having one than dodging the mafia kill.
But with the existence of Vigilante Man from N2 on that's not lockable. If the setup intended for there to be a vig in the game longer, it would be perfectly reasonable to have one maf with a vest imo?
Basically I don't really think seri's lying about his role but it's not necessarily alignment indicative. I guess if we're planning on just executing the swap w him we'll see though.

Re: other seri stuff, I looked back after mewt and otter said there was more to it than what I was saying and I guess it was a stronger push than I really gave it credit for. But like, idk. I'm just reluctant to put much faith in that because it really feels like that came up early on and he seemed to care much less about it after he unveiled himself as """3P""" and yesterday he was floating on Flora. I suppose it depends partially on how hard you think he was into the antispew by then.

ohhh.

i see what you mean now, though i still find it unlikely that he’s just distanced ingroup mafia - i just think he’s looking better than flora, and i think it doesn’t shift the vote dichotomy (flora vs emmy) that i have in my mind for today. at least with the swap we have a way to sort the three of them between today/tonight/tomorrow, which is nice

your point about herbe abandoning it post-“3p” claim is giving me pause, but i still think serimachi was just an easy inactive push? tbqh i was a seriskeptic for a bit but between the push/seshas vouching for him/that there’s probably one between flora/seri, i’m leaning innocent on him?

lol what if both flora/seri end up being innocent. wouldn’t that be epic :|

ohhh.

i see what you mean now, though i still find it unlikely that he’s just distanced ingroup mafia - i just think he’s looking better than flora, and i think it doesn’t shift the vote dichotomy (flora vs emmy) that i have in my mind for today. at least with the swap we have a way to sort the three of them between today/tonight/tomorrow, which is nice

your point about herbe abandoning it post-“3p” claim is giving me pause, but i still think serimachi was just an easy inactive push? tbqh i was a seriskeptic for a bit but between the push/seshas vouching for him/that there’s probably one between flora/seri, i’m leaning innocent on him?

lol what if both flora/seri end up being innocent. wouldn’t that be epic :|

Yeah, I mean that's fair, it doesn't shift the dichotomy of today for me massively either and is more of like
thoughts exploration because we have the time
I don't even disagree with you that he has the most reason to be townread out of the three, it's just me nitpicking about how big the gap is between him vs the others :v

oh! yeah, for sure - sorry i guess i reacted somewhat disproportionately. i was kind of thinking about otter's fear about his claim at the same time (and i forgot to say that i see no reason eifie might not have just been the reason for that kill attempt, now that you mention it) and your point about the existence of bulletproof mafia being feasible is a good point that i just totally didn't think about, i always forget about this game's vig until it gets brought up

in general meditation/reiteration,
it's mildly unfortunate that the three people we're between right now are all like ... pretty null? especially flora, obviously. i will also feel really guilty if emmy ends up being innocent, but whichever way i lean on her at present just ends up being mathematical/odds-based for me - as i said earlier i don't actively scumread her, i just don't feel huge town vibes coming off of her in the way that i think other people seem to, so i keep getting swayed back and forth. so with all that in mind it's pretty much a toss-up for me still, though i do agree flora seems to be the mechanically safest lynch for now given that we have a plan to "figure" "everything" "out"

sup guys! turns out! I am really bad at keeping up with mafia with an adult life in general, PLUS 1) new kitten 2) passing away of old cat 3) passing away of old rat 4) acquisition of TWO new baby rat nieces and 5) the other stuff I've been doing with my time (d&d and fanfic writing, to be specific), so literally every time I've been like "hey cool I can hop back in" I have been UTTERLY overwhelmed. to get a picture of how badly I've been keeping up, I had a dream like a week ago that eifie turned out to be a specific role, went "man i'm gonna be so mad if that turns out to be true once she's dead" and then discovered she died NIGHT TWO.

that's a lot of pages to reread! certainly too much for one flora to read with a dnd session later and (presumably) very few hours left in the day! so I! will take neither option and just accept my fate with absolutely no other commentary! :D

O-kay! Stray thoughts of the day just in case I die and can't say them next day phase, same as usual.

I don't honestly think anyone in this list is mafia, but if lynching Flora and solving Serimachi doesn't end this game, my list of suspects, in order, goes:

Mewtini: Man, if you're mafia and your dynamic with Herbe was an elaborate ruse to convince us of your towniness, I'm gonna be so thrown. ;-; I guess it's mostly because of the Herbe thing and that alien stalker 3P role not coming until after Mist was dead. But again, nobody on here is a huge suspect to me. Just trying to keep things in mind?
Kyeugh: Still wondering about that swap fail...
IndigoEmmy: Still think you're a townie, but honestly, if the swap works, the game continues, and Serimachi lives, you're probably gonna be everyone's next lynch as things are? The only thing that could maybe solve it is a swap (There won't really be anyone to swap with after that anyway, lol), but I'm not sure how viable that'll be anyway.

(If lynching Flora and solving Serimachi DOES end it, that'll be kinda anticlimactic, but I won't complain lol. I guess anything will be hard to top Herbe's monologue.)

The quiet, unassuming Flora reappears towards the end of the day after being accused, but refuses to say anything. They go to the gallows with casual indifference.

The mafia business card they discover in their pocket prompts several gasps among the crowd, but when it comes right down to it, no one is quite that surprised. Another small victory in their fight against these dastardly villains.

Flora is dead. They were mafia.

Please send in your night actions. The night will end on May 20th, 0:00 UTC (it's hard thinking of these anymore but please rest assured Iceland is still in the objectively best time zone).

Final vote count:
Flora (5) (IndigoEmmy, Ottercopter, Seshas, mewtini, serimachi)
IndigoEmmy (2) (Panini, kyeugh)
No vote (1) (Flora)

Seshas votes IndigoEmmy
mewtini votes Flora
kyeugh votes Seshas
kyeugh votes IndigoEmmy
mewtini votes IndigoEmmy
Panini votes IndigoEmmy
IndigoEmmy votes Flora
Seshas votes Flora
mewtini votes Flora
serimachi votes Flora
Ottercopter votes Flora

IndigoEmmy votes Flora
Ottercopter votes Flora
Panini votes IndigoEmmy
Seshas votes Flora
kyeugh votes IndigoEmmy
mewtini votes Flora
serimachi votes Flora

A new day, a new murder. The villagers expect it by now, but they still wince when they realize serimachi isn't there. They discover him eventually, in his bed, apparently sleeping until they try to shake him awake and find him unresponsive and cold to the touch.

serimachi is dead. He was not mafia.

You have 72 hours to discuss. The day will end on May 23rd, 0:00 UTC (Iceland etc.).

Back
Top Bottom