• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

FOUR MORE! NOT DEAD. RESERVES FINISH PLOX! Tales of TCoD ROUND 3 [OOC/Signups]

Re: Tales of TCoD ROUND 3 [OOC/Signups]

How did Asber get destroyed? Can pokemon talk? Who sent out the leaders of the "good" side? I was thinking anyone could find the dumpster and take her pokemon for general fun; it's not protected or anything. If the team seems too much (I was hoping it wouldn't be, and I chose most of them because they didn't seem overly threatening), then I could cut another one. Or all of them.

Angel links me to change her name, and Kaleidoscope links me to Lady Lysa. I had to dig them up, but they're okay with one stipulations. The dumpster will act as a form of PC box, and you can only keep two pets out at once. If you want you you can use that as a universal good side PC, but it can be broken into.

Asber and Safari Zone were destroyed by a giant battle. They are both in ruins, but you can go into buildings and stuff. The boards listed as making the crater were bombed, but there are no planes so they were conventionally bombed. (when I was your age, Yer da walked fifteen miles in the rain to blow up the Queen of England for a Nickel!)

Pokémon cannot talk. Last time we had someone with Animal Telepathy, so that will be the only way to be able to understand them in English. They can say their names and give hints and body motion.

Dear all the third party people. Being your own little group or being alone is fine and all, but I don't recommend staying solo for long. The two groups will start with their own little meetings to divide squads and stuff. If you are alone, you will not have a place to fit in immediately.

Zora from what I know of you and what you did last round, I'm okay with giving you your own little group because even if I made you pick a side you'd have your own little group and side plots.

Flareth: you listed your group as evil, but you said you were with zora, so I put you in her group. If you want to be her best friend but be evil and have a little side quest let me know.

We seem to be getting way more good than evil. So until this levels out, Good Signups ARE CLOSED TEMPORARILY.

Moderators are, idk, pseudo-mind controlled or something? I don't remember details. So I think I'd sort of be in the evil group? Though somewhat motivated to support the good group. Though 'moderator' is still totally an alignment.

Also you should definitely change the 'sex' in the form to 'gender'; they are Different.

Hmm last time Admins and mods were mind controlled, but you were in it on the side of good so I don't know.

Also I know they are different but I just copy/pasted the form from last time, and I didn't know if putting gender instead of sex would offend anyone

....okay why not

Name: Coloursfall
Appearance: [Colours and Arc] - [Colours and some of his Team]

Coloursfall, or just Colours, is a rather short and slender male, with brown hair with blond streaks, especially one large on in the front. His hair is shaved at the sides and back, though it fades into the longer hair, which falls over his forehead. His eyes are grey, and he's pale-ish. One of the particularly distinctive features he has is three freckles in a triangle shape under his left eye, while another is a cat pawprint with the Gemini symbol inside tattooed on the back of his right calf.

He typically wears jeans and teeshirts, with his favourite sweater - black with a grey jackilope over the left breast side - over the top, and white running shoes. He also wears a chain with a silver wedding band on it around his neck.

Personality: To but it rather simply, Colours would make an excellent Dragon. He is capable of following orders, and just as capable of extreme brutality when he absolutely has to. But, he can be just as sweet as he is cruel when the mood strikes him, and seems rather unstable at times. It is most common to find him on some sort of middle ground, though, hiding the rainbow of emotions behind a carefully cultivated mask. He will be far more open about his feelings towards his 'mons, and was especially heartbroken when a number of his ASB team were killed in the fall of Asber.

He is rather terrified of large non-tame rodents, and quite the artist, using art and images for metaphors/similes rather often. He also likes music, though he can't play or sing himself. He dislikes math and has trouble thinking in numbers or words, instead thinking in pictures.

Powers: He can connect mentally with his 'mons - and most others - as well as speak and understand their words. He also can act as a 'vessel' for L'Arc's Arc of Joyous Colours, using it to launch the rainbow light from his fingertips, but only once every so often as it is tiring.

Pets: L'Arc-En-Ceil, the Delta Togekiss; Sunnyside the Volcarona; Jody the Cottonee. These three Pokemon are all that remains of his ASB team that are still able to fight - Most of the rest still are alive, but in no way fit for combat. Coloursfall, due to his large team, kept most of them in his private ranch, which helped a bit to keep them alive, though the great battle still effected them before he could get them back home.

He still will go back to the ranch occasionally, having moved most of the vitals underground when the main building was destroyed along with Asber, which it sat on the outskirts of. Graves for his fallen 'mons are outside the ranch, where the garden once was. The only things that grow there now are weeds, and the hardy sunflowers that refuse to die. He also has an outpost in the vicinity of the Art section where he once displayed his work, known as the Rainbow Factory. The top is still a display area, but the basement is restricted to very few.

Relationship: Is in contact with Zora still.

Group: Eeeevil

playing myself is weird.

Now a rainbow's tale isn't quite as nice,
As the story we knew of sugar and spice...
But a rainbow's easy once you get to know it,
With the help of the magic of a pegasus device... ♪

Last edited:

Hmm last time Admins and mods were mind controlled, but you were in it on the side of good so I don't know.

Also I know they are different but I just copy/pasted the form from last time, and I didn't know if putting gender instead of sex would offend anyone
I also was pretty much barely in it, so there's that. You have any preferences?

Putting sex instead of gender is way more likely to bother people than the other way around :V

Name: Seeker
Appearance:
Personality:
Powers: Control over Darkness, ice, sound. Quite experienced in flashstepping, his skill level is in between that of Dave and Dirk Strider.
Pets:
Relationship: None
Group: Third party, mostly

Last edited:

Angel links me to change her name, and Kaleidoscope links me to Lady Lysa. I had to dig them up, but they're okay with one stipulations. The dumpster will act as a form of PC box, and you can only keep two pets out at once. If you want you you can use that as a universal good side PC, but it can be broken into.

... Oh, derp, I was fussing over who I could get away with including and who I couldn't and then that. Sorry; is it fixed?

Name: Shinyabsol.
Appearance: Shinyabsol is quite tall for his age and a bit thin. He has short, auburn hair that is slightly curly. His eyes are blue and he wears glasses that he constantly has to push back up his nose. When it is sunny, freckles often appear on his face. He also has a burn mark on the back of his right hand. He nearly always wears dark-blue jeans and a black T-shirt. Shiny usually also has a black jacket with the zip undone and the hood up.
Personality: He is pretty much obsessed with fire and explosions, being the one responsible for the bombing of the wifi/writing/sprite/website areas. When he first saw fire, he became fascinated by its ability to destroy things so quickly. He doesn't really say much, prefering to think rather than speak. As much as possible, he trys to stay in the dark areas, not liking the sunlight. He dislikes people using his full name and prefers it when they use Shiny or Absol.
Powers: He knows quite a bit about bombs and always carries a lighter. (Do those count as powers?)
Pets: A male Charizard to help burn things.
Relationship: None.
Group: Evil. That should be quite obvious by now.

Maybe I should join:

Name: Nightmane
Appearance: a teenager, white skinned, and has short black hair. He wears a black jacket and black pants. Under the jacket is a white tee-shirt. The jacket is zipped up. His eyes are brownish, black. He also has a gold headband he sometimes wears.
Personality: Loves to have fun and joke around. However, he knows when to get serious
Powers: dissolves into shadows and can control fire and aura
Pets: a Houndoom named General Doom and a Houndour named Amber
Group: undecided. he decides on who he joins. Sometimes he is good and sometimes he is evil. Just don't get him mad. XD

My first RP!

Name: Phantom

Appearance: 26 years old. She is light skinned and has short light brown hair and green eyes, and wears black BDU's, steel toe black combat boots, and a black tee. (If allowed) Carries a Glock 17 holstered at her hip as well as a combat knife and small .22 in her boot. Carries two pokéballs on her belt, containing her two pokemon that survived the fall of Asber. Strapped on her back is a sniper rifle.

Personality: This TCoD veteran has a habit of extreeme sarcasm and a pechant for violence. (IE Got a problem? Blow it up.) Well disciplined and trained to follow orders in a military fashion. Loyal to a fault, obviously since she's been a member since she was 14. She has a tendency to hang out mostly in the Mafia slums, so that's where you'll most likely find her. She used to work with the mafia, doing random hits and murders as commanded, whether for small pay or revenge she never cared.

During the fall of Asber Phantom joined the fight to try to save it. Sadly her Aerodactyl, Fl'hight, and her Gyarados, Boatmurdered, didn't make it out alive. She fell from Fl'hight mid air and landed badly, as a result she injured her shoulder. Randomly it flairs up, causing her immense pain and in some scenarios rendering her useless.

Powers: Nothing too extraordinary. She keeps a small combat knife in her boot in case of it ever being needed. You never know when you'll need to cut some rope; or someone.

Relationships: Her job never left time for personal matters.

Also Pets: Her shiny (Hey I can dream can't I?) charizard, Kadan. (If you want he can be a charmeleon since someone else has a charizard) His personality almost matches his trainers', except he's the one blowing things up... usually. As well as her gengar, My Dark Soul (shortened to Soul).

Group: Evil

EDIT: Made my first mistake... I made myself 21... I'd be about 26-27 in 2017.... Fuck why do I feel old all of a sudden?

Last edited:

Name: RespectTheBlade (Goes by Blade or RTB)
Appearance: Like this, but 5 years older, at 19. Wears a black version of the same hat and a black blazer. Has three scabbards on his back. Each contains a different sword. The middle scabbard contains a durable replica Master Sword. (The scabbard is a replica, too.) The left contains a pair of twin broadswords, and the right contains a katana. About 6'2" and a bit large for his size. Always wears jeans and a pair of nice shoes.
Personality: Blade is a fun loving person, and he likes to make friends and such. He is calm, cool, collected, and deadly precise in his thinking and strategy. He has a profound love for music, videogames, and video game music. A couple things happening to TCoD caused him to fight against it. Server errors, frustration with other people, a couple big mishaps, a bad breakup, and the like tore at him. The destruction of ASB was the final straw. He didn’t know what to do, and decided helping to take down TCoD would be the best option. Blade still values friends above all else. He will not kill or attack anyone he considers a true friend, and will have a hard time fighting against them if they attack him. He tends to visit the ruins of the ASB center often, searching for his lost team.
Powers: Exceptional ability with swords and most bladed weapons (about the level of Link, minus all the magic/arrows/cool items.), can disappear briefly when not in combat. (~5 minutes)
Pets: Blade has 3 pokemon he managed to save from the destruction of ASB: Byrne the Pawniard, Ghirahim the Sneasel, and The Hero in Green (Hero) the Gallade. He can command them and fight with them as in ASB, but he mainly keeps them along for friends.
Relationship: Available, but really shy when it comes to such matters. Not in one currently.
Group: Evil, but unsure if it’s the right cause to be fighting for. Could turn if prompted by the right people.

Last edited:

I wasn't really going to join this but let's anyway.

Name: Thorne

Appearance:
Thorne is a youthful, pale-skinned individual who is either a very boyish girl or a very girlish boy. While Thorne uses the pronoun he, his slim build accentuates both his feminine hips and his flat chest, betraying any attempt at trying to identify his gender via the most obvious of signs.

Thorne is below average in length, with green-blue eyes and long black hair. He has a slim face with high cheekbones and a sharp chin.
He wears a pair of black sweatpants, a pink T-shirt with a cluster of stars at the left side of the abdomen, a grey shemagh scarf and a grey wool beanie.

Personality:
Thorne is a bit unpredictable, to put it lightly. His mood can change at a whim and he changes radically depending on his mood. When in a good mood he's a quirky joker with a particular cynical sense of humour, and when in a bad mood he's a grieving killjoy whose every word drips with corrosive resentment.

But no matter his mood, one thing is for sure: Thorne is the very personification of pride. When he feels insulted, he is not willing to let go of the subject until he feels justified.

Powers:
Thorne has the power to summon a Persona via the use of an Evoker. A Persona is a supernatural manifestation of one's personality, in Thorne's case it takes the form of Cassiel, the Archangel of solitude. Cassiel is an anthropomorphic reptile with dark blue scales, four horns at the back of it's head and three angelic wings. It has chains connected to cuffs at it's neck and hands, and wears what looks a bit like bondage gear. Cassiel uses ice magic, making up for Thorne's immediate lack of physical prowess. However, prolonged use of his Persona causes Thorne great physical and mental strain.

Group: Evil

Being that I have no idea what kind of power is acceptable or not, I'm just going to hope for the best.

Can I reserve for this round. I'm going to pretty much hang with Colours in this so...geuss I'm evil.

Reservin' an evil spot

Name: Sunflower
Appearance: 5'7'', and roughly 160lbs. She prefers to keep her red-brown hair short and practical, although it is prone to frizzing. Her eyes are large, brown, and lie behind a pair of square-framed glasses. Her style of dress is neat and form-fitting, a black and white leaf-patterened sundress with the top covered by a short black button-up sweater. She absolutely loves hats, and is often seen wearing her favorite, a black beret ornamented on the side with silver chains and a white feather.

Personality: Distant and curt, she rarely gives anyone but her beloved Coloursfall the time of day. She is an excellent liar, however, able to honey her words and make a convincing argument to those who would accuse her of wrongdoing. She is good at keeping her cool under pressure, for the most part, but when pushed enough she is prone to locking up and being parylized by indecision. She is a skeptical soul, never taking anything at face value. As a lover of science, she always wants to know more, and it's because of this lust for knowledge, as well as love, that she follows Colours. She is one of the very few allowed into the basement of the Rainbow Factory.

Though sweet to those she knows and trusts, she loses patience with people easily and be very critical. For this reason, she doesn't have many friends. Though she's good at controlling herself most of the time she can slip up. She enjoys the outdoors and reading. She is also a writer, though her muse is fickle.

Powers: Mild telepathy/telekinesis. She can mentally communicate with both Colours and her pokemon, read minds (though reception is often jumbled), and lift small objects with her mind. She's also recently been practicing pyrokinesis.

Pets: Like many people, Sunflower was able to salvage some of her pokemon from ASB's ruin: A Hydreigon named Euclid (bumped up his evolution for plot reasons), a Rufflet named Zeus... and a sweet little Sunflora named Lucy.

Relationship: In a relationship with Coloursfall, still in contact with Zora. Others may be possible in the future (or when I get them worked out with their players > >)

Group: Evil? EVIL? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIL!

Last edited:

I'll flip to the evil side because it's more fun somebody probably wants to be on the good side much more than I do.

Starting my form now. I'll be editing this throughout today and tomorrow as inspiration strikes.

Name: Richie the Raichu
Appearance: This http://th06.deviantart.net/fs36/PRE/f/2008/243/e/6/Raichu_Girl_X3_by_xenon001.png +the oufit described
Richie is a young woman with stringy brown hair, some of which hangs in her face as bangs, and the rest wraps around her neck and shoulders. Her hair always seems to be a liitle messy and unkempt. are a reddish-brown. Her outfit consists of a plain red tee with short gray sleeves. Her shoes are black-and-white hightops, and she wears plain blue jeans.
Personality: Richie is a very odd girl who often acts very childish, and has a tendency to say very disturbing things, than giggle shrilly, not the least bit unfazed by the words that come out of her mouth.
However, she is a loyal and uncompromising warrior, and can be slightly cocky at times. She cares deeply about her friends, and would gladly sacrifice herself for any of them, or even an enemy.

Powers: Since she is part Raichu, Richie has the ability to control, manipulate, and create electricty.

Pets: (Considering) Munchy, a genetically-modified Munchlax who walks on all fours, has a fully tail, and many other dog-like tendencies.
Relationship: ..I'm open to ideas.
Group: Good group

Last edited:

Hullo, I'd like to reserve for the evil group *thunder and lightning in the background as she cackles evilly*

...What? It's actually really fun to write Evil!Flora (and mentally-disturbed!Flora, for that matter) Perhaps that serial-killer gig wasn't the best for my mental health.

There are lots of evil people now.

Name: Luxcario
Appearance: Lux still holds the title of youngest member at TCoD, and so he is small, with striking blonde hair and a determined face. He has white skin and deep blue eyes, and prefers to wear colourful, comfortable clothes and a blue jacket. He has many injuries that haven't faded away yet, and sometimes wears wonky purplish glasses.
Personality: He is very impatient, and gets angry very easily. He's a nice guy at heart, though. He can be sometimes a tiny bit, well, annoying. His imagination runs away easily and he isn't very good at paying attention.
Powers: Telekinesis, and can turn into Luxray or Lucario. (Telekinesis doesn't work when he is one of the two, though.)
Pets: A hamster

Name: Derpy
Species: Slowbro
Moveset: Surf, Ice Beam, Confusion, Rest
Ability: He doesn't have one...;_;
Short bio: Before Asber was destroyed, Derpy was one of Lux's team, and sadly the only one he managed to save.

Name: Croc
Species: Sandile
Moveset: Assurance, Dig, Thrash, Toxic
Ability: Anger Point
Short bio: As Luxcario and Derpy were walking round TCoD one day, they saw an abandoned Sandile lying on the ground in Insanity. Strangely, he had his Dream World ability.

Name: Sparky
Species: Luxray
Moveset: Hyper Beam, Superpower, Iron Tail, Spark
Ability: Rivalry
Short bio: Luxcario has owned Sparky since he was three. He's a wild cat who absolutely ~adores~ chocolate.

Relationship: Open for ideas!
Group: Good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom