• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How do you identify?

• I lack a Y chromosome and identify as female.

Votes: 37 39.8%
  • I lack a Y chromosome and identify as male.

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • I possess a Y chromosome and identify as female.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I possess a Y chromosome and identify as male.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • I am genderqueer/agendered/gender fluid/any other combination not mentioned here.

Votes: 9 9.7%

• Total voters

Clover

neither simple, nor coherent.
Well, we have the sexuality poll. This is a slightly different take: are you cisgendered, transgendered, neither, both? I'm guessing there will be more discrete than diffuse results here than there are on the sexuality thread. Hopefully we can spark some conversation...!

Personally, I'm very cisgendered female. Skirts and dressies are pretty. :3

(for those who didn't pass basic bio)

I possess a Y chromosome; I would be fine with possessing two X chromosomes or the way I am. I don't specifically identify with the gender binary, though I use male pronouns to refer to myself.

I AM A MANLY MAN who likes other men BUT I'M STILL MANLY RAAAH.

I have a Y chromosome but it's kinda complicated. Like, I consider myself male in the sense that I'm happy to have guy parts but I have issues with the societal concept of gender. I put my vote in the 'other' bracket because it was the easy option. :P

Two X chromosomes and don't give a damn about gender in general. As far as the general public is concerned, I'm female enough to be a "she".

two X, identify as male

this poll is frickin' sweet by the way

anyone whose identity corresponds with their sex and thinks they're boring: no you're not, I would MUCH rather be like that. Gimme a Y chromosome omg

I chose the first option, but I don't really particularly "identify" as female so much as just... accept that I'm biologically a woman. Gender, as its own thing separate from biological sex, doesn't really exist in my head. There are stereotypes about "masculine" and "feminine" things, but I've always been a firm believer in the idea that women can like "masculine" things and men can like "feminine" things if they damn well please, without having to first identify as the "appropriate" gender. So what's left of the concept of gender is... pretty meaningless to me, really. I consider myself female because I have two X chromosomes, nothing more and nothing less, and what that means to me is simply that I have a vagina and am subject to the same stereotypes, prejudices, assumptions, expectations, privileges, etc. as other biological females.

Which is of course not to dismiss people who actually identify as transgendered; they obviously know better what they're feeling than I do. My point is just that I personally can't really wrap my head around the concept of specifically identifying as some gender independent of your biological sex, so I'm not sure if my vote is entirely accurate.

Last edited:
Two X, female, you know the drill :P

Actually I have no idea what half the things in the "other" selection mean so I wouldn't really know, but I do identify as a girl.

Back
Top Bottom