• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

General Christmas Wishlist Thread

It is a bit excellent - I can't think of any particularly amazing examples from Chambre des Secrets, but seeing stuff like "Snape raised his baguette" or "Ron tossed Lockhart's baguette out the window" are just... amusing.

According to Ruth, in the French version, "Snape has been renamed 'Rogue' ...apparently, the french need to be bludgeoned with whom we should think is a ne'er-do-well." XD

I kinda want a keyboard. Preferably with a headphone jack and midi cables. I also want my parents to buy Minecraft for me since I can't buy anything online without any plastic (no, I don't have a debit card either). Other than that, some fabric and some clothing patterns should be sufficient. Oh, and some chocolate. Gotta have the chocolate! (I also want to have my allowance from last week, the week before, and the week before that...>_>)

I have this huge list of books that I've sent back home with my sister. I can't even remember all of the titles on it, and it's only the preliminary list! I'm probably going to add to it this week. It only has two novels on it so far, so I might need a rec thread at some point...! My mother's meeting me in Cardiff on Friday to come and do some clothes shopping with me, and then I'll probably ask for some blu-ray discs of films that I wanted to see but didn't get to when they were showing at the cinema, so... yes! That is my Christmas.

...also maybe a frying pan, since I sort of destroyed my big one. Oh, and a wok. Everyone needs a wok.

According to Ruth, in the French version, "Snape has been renamed 'Rogue' ...apparently, the french need to be bludgeoned with whom we should think is a ne'er-do-well." XD

Yup - There are some other major name changes, too - for example Hogwarts is Poudlard, the houses are Gryffondor, Serpentard, Serdaigle and (Wait for it) Poufsouffle (!) (Although it's kind of annoying that they didn't change the founders' first names to carry the alliteration - it's still 'Helga Poufsouffle' :C), and Tom Riddle is Tom Jedusor. (And his middle name? Elvis. This amuses me too much.)

Um.

Ace Attorney Investigations, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Kirby Super Star Ultra, and a preorder for Pokémon Black Version. Also, money.

Last edited:
Poufsouffle

... I must read these books.

@opal - a wok and frying pan is useful, if only because it means you've got more utensils. I've used our wok as a cereal bowl, a mixing bowl and a recepticle to hold water while I clean CJ's tank when we've used up the more obvious implements for doing those things and can't be bothered to do the washing-up. Student life increases creativity in matters like these tenfold!

An Xbox 360 and Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Apart from that, stuff like soda/Kronik/iced tea/ect.

Though I have a suspicion that I might get a laptop because my dad mentioned that he has a ton of credit card points and can get a free laptop or camera or something. Oh, plus he keeps asking me what kind of laptops I prefer.

Why on earth do you need a wok and a frying pan?

... I must read these books.

@opal - a wok and frying pan is useful, if only because it means you've got more utensils. I've used our wok as a cereal bowl, a mixing bowl and a recepticle to hold water while I clean CJ's tank when we've used up the more obvious implements for doing those things and can't be bothered to do the washing-up. Student life increases creativity in matters like these tenfold!

What she said.

ALSO I'm not sure if frying bacon in a wok would ... work well? idk I'll have to have a go.

one can never have too many utensils!

Ideally, I'd like a laptop so I don't have to get out of bed to use my computer. Don't care what it would run as long as I could install my tablet and a decent art program, really.
But I probably won't get that.

Other than that... just some money or iTunes gift cards, really. Nothing I really want comes out till next year.

I wanted an MP3 player, and I got one... got a flash drive too... so there's only two things I still want. Final Fantasy XIII and a tablet. May a little bit of clothes... Other than that, I'm pretty much peachy. I mean, can't afford to spend too much money.

Actually my mom said that we already have one, so I guess that doesn't count anymore. It does mean our doorways can support them though!

I have two frying pans currently! One is small and one is medium though because I burnt my large one and it's currently unusable for anything except frying pan tennis (something for which it's very useful!).

in other news I'm so hungry right now but I don't want to cook because I just washed up everything I own ; ;

-video games for the NES/SNES/Sega Genesis I am inevitably getting for Christmas

OR

-money with which to buy said video games

The Sims 3 expansion packs. And that's it, because I have two siblings in collage. Maybe some money too, idk.

• PSP
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
  • Dissidia: Final Fantasy
  • Supernatural Season 4
  • Supernatural Season 5

Much less on my list than usual, but I figured my parents needed a break. :grin:

• PSP
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
  • Dissidia: Final Fantasy
  • Supernatural Season 4
  • Supernatural Season 5

Much less on my list than usual, but I figured my parents needed a break. :grin:

Your list of four is probably more expensive than the enitre list I asked for. :s

or, to specify what I want:

*Donkey Kong Country Returns
*Okami
*Phoenix Wright games(any game, really)
*New headphones(old ones doesn't work)
*Deviantart Premium account.
*Mushishi 5
*Lucky Star 6 and 7
*Wii points card
*Various random cool stuff
*Various awesome t-shirts from the interwebs
*Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
*And if all else fails, MONEY. Money is always great.

No clothes, please, unless they are the t-shirts mentioned above. even though I get them every year.

Back
Top Bottom