• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

General Christmas Wishlist Thread

-A Preorder for Pokemon White.
-Money
-some CDs from my favorite bands. (O.A.R., The Killers, The All American Rejects, Maroon 5, Green Day, Linkin Park.)
-A laptop or an Ipad would be nice.
-This hat, so much.
-Tickets to go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. PLEASE.
-One awkward silence, and two hopes you cry yourself to sleep staying up, waiting by the phone.
-Some DS games (prefferably in the Ace Attorney Series)
-A Wii. (I'm the only person I know who doesn't have one. (I want to play Brawl SO bad, even though it's been out for about 2 years.)
-an iPod. Please an iPod.
This. So much This. and an ITunes gift card to go with it.

yeah, it's pricey, and not really long, but it's what I want

Last edited:
I want Kingdom Hearts 2 and God of War 2...and maybe even the KH on DS. I might also ask my sister to send me a random anime she likes.
As for the rest of my family, I have no idea. They usually take guesses, and then it's easy to tell who knows me and who doesn't :3

-New bike
-Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood OR Fable III
-The Divine Comedy
-Eason's Giftcard
-MicroSD Memory Card
-My girlfriend with a bow on her head

I've only asked for the first, but I have fairly formulaic Christmases, so I'd be surprised if I don't get the others.

Last edited:
Erm, I haven't thoguht of a lot, but so far my list seems to be thus:

> Full series of Harry Potter books in French (This is pretty much guaranteed since I asked my parents about it over a month ago, seeing as I'm borrowing La Chambre des Secrets from my friend at the moment. Inspired me to get the set!)

>Some sort of headset for my PC (I have one, but the headphones are broken and I have no other microphone, therefore my current version of a 'headset' is having the old one on my desk and a pair of iPod headphones in my ears. Not very convenient!)

>A relatively large corkboard (To pin photos and such onto, etc.; not sure why I decided I wanted one of these but yeah!)

...In other words, I need to get thinking, considering my parents are going shopping, uh, tomorrow.

EDIT: Also, Layton 3!

Last edited:
Dear Santa,

If it's not too much trouble, Cloudy wants PBR, some money for a tablet and a 3DS eventually, and for there to be NO FIGHTING on Christmas like there has been the past who knows how many Christmas's. I promise to leave you lots of cookies and milk and I'll put a fire extinguisher by the fireplace. Just in case there's a fire there when you come down the chimney. Yeah. :3

Love, Cloudsong~

> Full series of Harry Potter books in French (This is pretty much guaranteed since I asked my parents about it over a month ago, seeing as I'm borrowing La Chambre des Secrets from my friend at the moment. Inspired me to get the set!)

Hee! HP in French is fantastic. One of my best friends is living over there at the moment, and went to see the new film and was giggling away every time they talked about Harry's baguette getting broken. Don't worry! We can go to a boulangerie and get you a new one!

I haven't thought about it too much either, but these are pretty definite...

- A LAPTOP preferably a Mac, but anything not-cheap and crap is good with me, as I've gotten mixed advice from my friends on the Mac vs. PC thing.

- A full set of Faber-Castell colored pencils, because my current set has like 15 colors in it, four of which are blue.

- PMD Sky would be great :3

- Another little sketchbook. It's a lot easier to draw and color in a smaller format for me right now.

- Pokemon plushies! I have a Pikachu and that's it. THE MORE THE MERRIER RIGHT

This is the shortlist of what I sent to my parents:

-- Chef Boyardee, Spaghettios, Campbells
-- Spanish rice
-- salsa
-- chili powder
-- sweet pickle relish
-- Gold Peak tea
-- Skittles or Starburst or Reese's

One friend: "<... Are you writing a Christmas list or a shopping list?>" "<Yes.>"

Priorities are different when you're 5k from home, guys. :'(

Hee! HP in French is fantastic. One of my best friends is living over there at the moment, and went to see the new film and was giggling away every time they talked about Harry's baguette getting broken. Don't worry! We can go to a boulangerie and get you a new one!

It is a bit excellent - I can't think of any particularly amazing examples from Chambre des Secrets, but seeing stuff like "Snape raised his baguette" or "Ron tossed Lockhart's baguette out the window" are just... amusing.

- A LAPTOP preferably a Mac, but anything not-cheap and crap is good with me, as I've gotten mixed advice from my friends on the Mac vs. PC thing.

Get mac. If you want, you can then buy Windows 7 and install it on the mac; and then be able to switch between the two. =3

Get mac. If you want, you can then buy Windows 7 and install it on the mac; and then be able to switch between the two. =3

This is absolutely awful advice.

1. Please stop saying Mac vs. PC. It isn't. It's Mac vs. Windows, if anything.
2. Apple laptops are insanely overpriced. You can almost certainly get a comparatively good laptop for at most 2/3 of the price.
3. Run Linux.
4. If you absolutely insist, I'm sure you can run Mac OS on a laptop not made by Apple, too.

This is absolutely awful advice.

1. Please stop saying Mac vs. PC. It isn't. It's Mac vs. Windows, if anything.
2. Apple laptops are insanely overpriced. You can almost certainly get a comparatively good laptop for at most 2/3 of the price.
3. Run Linux.
4. If you absolutely insist, I'm sure you can run Mac OS on a laptop not made by Apple, too.

Ahhh these are basically the two sides I'm getting from my friends D:

Of course, my parents probably won't buy me a Mac anyway :P And I've never used Linux before, is it a lot better?

Actually, I've heard (from my friend) that Linux pwns all. But I've never had the chance to use one, so...

Ahhh these are basically the two sides I'm getting from my friends D:

Of course, my parents probably won't buy me a Mac anyway :P And I've never used Linux before, is it a lot better?

Well basically you have a choice: get a very expensive laptop which runs Mac OS and can run Windows or get a much cheaper laptop which runs Windows and can run Mac OS.

So unless you honestly think the Apple brand is worth hundreds of dollars...

Linux (which is an umbrella term) is aimed at people who actually know what they are doing with computers. Which does not mean "knows how to fix the internet if it stops working occasionally" but rather means "isn't scared of the command line". It's a bit of a transition, but once you get used to it you can do things much easily and more efficiently. If you're going to use it, the Ubuntu distribution is probably best for new users. Also it's free (all the distributions are, that is, not just Ubuntu).

Note: if you have never installed an operating system before, and tremble at the thought of trying, you may want to stick with something else.

-Various Pokemon and Digimon figurines
-Final Fantasy IX (It's a fairly old game, but I got a PS2 not long ago and it's cheap)
-Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (Same reason)
-An MST3K hoodie
-Megaman art book
-2000 Wii Points
-Wii Classic Controller Pro

Back
Top Bottom