• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Grand Festival 2010

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
It has been some time since the grand contest hall in ASB Central has seen any use, but for the past couple of weeks work crews have been scurrying about the giant dome, cleaning the grand stage, testing the lights and sound system, and decorating the place with colorful banners and posters of famous contest pokémon of years past. This summer the hall will once more come to life, hosting coordinators of all skill levels for the league's second ever grand festival. Hopefully the appeals this year won't manage to entirely destroy the stage.

Grand Festival 2010

It's been quite some time since we've had a contest around here, and with the tournament from last year still running, I thought we might have a contest festival this year rather than another battle tournament. In order to allow as many people to participate as possible, since a lot of the newer players haven't had the opportunity to try out a contest before, I'll be changing the normal contest structure up a bit.

Once the sign-up period has closed, players will be split into groups of four, each one having its own primary judge. Those judges will write up the appeals of the players in their group, as well as score appeals written by other judges--that way, any given person will only have to write four appeals, rather than the usual eight or sixteen. Judges can also participate; they just won't do grades for whatever group they're a part of. Thus, every appeal should still get three or four grades, but there will be a lot less work placed on a single primary judge. The winner of each group will advance to the second appeal stage, and depending on the final contest structure, some other people may be selected to advance based on their overall score.

The structure of future rounds will depend on how many people sign up, but there will be one or two more appeal stages, followed by the usual final contest battle. I'll do the judging for the final rounds myself. As we'll probably have a fair number of people new to contests participating, the rules and contest stage will be pretty basic: the usual three-action appeal, taking place outdoors in a flat, grassy field with a deep pond at its center.

Finally, I'm looking for a ribbon sprite to give to the winner of this contest. If you decide to make one, you can submit it to me by PM. If several people want to make one, we'll have a small vote as to which will be used. The person whose sprite is picked will get $15.

In summary: looking for participants, two-three people to judge (anyone qualified to referee is assumed qualified to judge), and a ribbon. One week to sign up, then we'll get this thing started.

Prizes are as follows:

First place: $80, the player's choice of any one buyable pokémon, three rare candies, and the contest ribbon
Second place: $60, the player's choice of any one buyable pokémon, and one rare candy
Third place: $30 and the player's choice of any one buyable pokémon

Judges
Negrek
Kratos Aurion
Chiropter
Metallica Fanboy
Mike the Foxhog

Participants
Patar
Blastoise
Flora and Ashes
Byrus
Full Metal Cookies
Grass King
Alraunne
Kammington
Kratos Aurion
Chiropter
Sage Noctowl
Blackthorn Steele
Magikarp
Psymon
Brock
blazheirio889
Kusarigamaitachi
RandomTyphoon
KronoGreen
Metallica Fanboy
Mike the Foxhog
shadow_lugia
Barubu
Shadow Serenity
Togetic
L'il Dwagie
Involuntary Twitch
Crazy Linoone

Round One Blocks

Block One
Judge: Metallica Fanboy
Secondary Judges: Negrek, Chiropter

Blackthorn Steele
shadow_lugia
Alraunne
Blastoise

Block Two
Judge: Kratos Aurion
Secondary Judges: Negrek, Mike the Foxhog

Brock
Sage Noctowl
Kammington
Magikarp

Block Three
Judge: Mike the Foxhog
Secondary Judges: Chiropter, Negrek

RandomTyphoon
Involuntary Twitch
Metallica Fanboy
Crazy Linoone

Block Four
Judge: Negrek
Secondary Judges: Kratos Aurion, Chiropter

Shadow Serenity
Kusarigamaitachi
Barubu
Flora and Ashes

Block Five
Judge: Negrek
Secondary Judges: Metallica Fanboy, Chiropter

L'il Dwagie
Patar
Chiropter
Psymon

Block Six
Judge: Chiropter
Secondary Judges: Metallica Fanboy, Kratos Aurion

Grass King
Full Metal Cookies
blazheirio889
Mike the Foxhog

Block Seven
Secondary Judges: Metallica Fanboy, Mike the Foxhog

Togetic
KronoGreen
Kratos Aurion
Byrus

Round One Final Grades

Kusarigamaitachi: 28.4
Kratos Aurion: 27.8
Chiropter: 26.7
blazheirio889: 26.5
Grass King: 26.2
Shadow Serenity: 23.7
Kammington: 23.5
Full Metal Cookies: 23.5
Blastoise: 22.9
Magikarp: 22.5
Byrus: 22.4
RandomTyphoon: 21.9
Involuntary Twitch: 21.8
Mike the Foxhog: 20.7
Alraune: 20.5
L'il Dwagie: 19.3
Sage Noctowl: 19.1
Psymon: 18.7
Crazy Linoone: 18.5
shadow_lugia: 17.5
Flora and Ashes: 17.2
Patar: 17.0
Metallica Fanboy: 16.5
Barubu: 15.3
Brock: 13.9
Steele: 13.5

Last edited:
Since I have nothing to do and my battles are going slow, I'll sign up.

In, and I'd also like to judge.

Just one thing... September contest? D: Where is my Frankenpersian appeal?

Should I steal a spot? / No, I'll just say, "Count me in!" / I hope this is fun!

Last edited:
If this doesn't count as a battle, sure. Even though I suck at contests.

If it does count as a battle, forget about it. I'll full up...

Back
Top Bottom