• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

I must be the only one in the fandom not terribly excited about this. If anything, it reminds me of when I played LeafGreen: the "magic" (for lack of a better term) from the original Red/Blue just wasn't there. Nostalgia's strong, but for me it just isn't that strong.

I don't have enough money to throw around $30 whenever I want (I didn't even buy Platinum and probably never will), so I'll be saving it for Generation 5.

Starters following you around? Epic win! :o I just hope they stay that way when they evolve, but considering what Platinum did with Amity Square, they probably will.

I am now excited. I never thought they would bring that back. Pokemon Yellow was one of my favorite games, if you couldn't tell.

I don't know if they did
I just saw a video with a chicorita following the guy around. On the 15th coro coro will come out so go to Serebii.net

i'm definitely getting this game. when i play silver, i usually pick totodile; this time, i'll pick chikorita. i like a challenge. i'll go with silver again, unless they change the exclusives this time too.

I'm getting HeartGold, seeing as I had all of them but Gold in the GBC days.

I'm glad they brought back the "starter following you" concept, seeing as yellow was my first and one of my favorites. I'm interested to see if it'll go through all three stages of evolution, or just the first.

What I'm about to say is blasphemous...
What if you can't go to Kanto?
*shudder*

Then we wouldn't really be able to call it a remake...right? :o

...I'll probably end up getting both when I can. SoulSilver when it comes out and then maybe HeartGold when I can get it as a gift. :P

If and when I get it, I don't know which one I'll get, but my starter will probably be either Totodile or Cyndaquil (I would go with Cyndiquil all the way, but I already beat Silver with him, and I kinda want a new experience). By the way, how did they come up with Heart and Soul for the new names? They kind of sound cool, but they just stepped off the rare stone track (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, although Pearl is a bit of a stretch). Then again, Platinum is a metal. I don't know, I just like to see patterns in the names of a games series I guess.

Well, there is Firered and Leafgreen. Besides, there's 'heart of gold', and tell em one place where when they depict a soul, it isn't silver?

I am excited. I never really played either Gold or Silver much back when it was out, so I'll be looking forward to this.
... What's wrong with the DPPt style o_o

Last edited:
I've been as excited as anyone just not active...which is now the 'usual'. I'm probably going with Heart Gold(does no one share my love? I only read the first few pages if that matters) and Chikorita(soooooo cute) but I'll probably reset a few times to get all the starters to my Platinum and trade them over :)

Yay, now you don't have to complete the Emerald Pokedex to get ONE Johto starter...you should at least get two.

GSC were my favorite and most 'magical' and 'fun' series for me and also my first. I remember the joy of beating Red and the wonder as my Kadabra swept through the Elite Four until Houndoom came along...

I'm REALLY excited about this, more excited than for Platinum when it was first announced and more than even Diamond/Pearl which was a new generation.

Cap20090510-082433.jpg
Woo~ And look! there's window-fag! =D
Oh the memories..

It would be better if the first pokemon in your party followed you as opposed to just starters(with the option to turn "Follow" on/off). It's understandable though, people would shove wailord in the first slot.

It's not like it would be that hard though, they could just copy the sprites from Mystery Dungeon.

Guys, you do realize that the starter following you is probably a temporary thing, right? It's likely just used for when you're traveling to Mr. Pokémon's house for Professor Elm; at that time you're only borrowing the Pokémon, and it makes sense Elm wouldn't just send you off with the Pokéball.

They could not just copy the sprites from Mystery Dungeon; the Mystery Dungeon sprites are both created and owned by a different company and made in a completely different style from the overworld sprites in the main series.

*Looks at admins post*

Killjoy...

This is my thoughts on the game;

Everyone remembers the glitch in the first games where you fly from the safari zone and surf along the cinnabar coast, along with the underground glitch. In GSC they made sure this couldn't be exploited, but in FRLG they seemed to have fixed it, so my question is, will they keep it fixed for HGSS?

Will they add the seviis like in FRLG? Most likely not as the seviis were for the availability of certain Jhoto mons. Still debatable.

Will both Legends be available in one game like previous games? And how about celebii? And the dogs, will it be easier to track them?

Pokégear, Pokénav, or Pokétch?

Opinions?

Well OBVIOUSLY its going to stay fixed/unavailable in this game. If they fix something generally considered a glitch, why in god's name would they bring it back? Nintendo isn't capcom. They dont like making "broken" games.

Which brings me to the question of when they're going to fix the broken ass GTS system...

What I meant is they fixed the issue in FR/LG, so it would be capable for it to be fixed in HG/SS, therefore it would be possible that the Safari Zone would be available in HG/SS. That, or they'd have to fix the national park so that it would contain a greater variety of pokemon.

I think national park was intended to be a bug contest. I mean...why would you have to go through a safari zone to get to your next destination? Plus....trainer battles in the safari zone?

Im pretty sure the glitch won't come back whether or not they do put SF in this game. THey might even keep it closed just for nostalgia's sake. tbh I never really liked SF (the great Marsh is WAAAY worse though). Having to toss rocks instead of beating the shit out of pokemon is stupid to me. But now that you mention it, it might be possible to put it back in.

I'm definitely getting soul silver and going with cyndaquil, since my little brother always gets the opposite game, and he might go with totdile like he did on gold. Then there's emerald, ALL THREE JOHTO STARTERS HERE I COME!!! I like the fact that there is g/s remake, but, if it can't trade with dp at all, I'm gonna be upset. I wouldn't mind at all if there was even a challenge you needed to complete to trade with DP sorta like leaf green and fire red.

... What's wrong with the DPPt style o_o

Its ugly for one. The DS can produce some decent 3D, but the Pokemon games are just...ugh. And I'm not sure about you guys, but the giant headed Firered/Leafgreen overworld sprites made me cringe and I hated that they brought it back in D/P/Pt.

Back
Top Bottom