• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

I said it before and I'll say it again: It's-a me, Mario Crystal!

...I don't have a problem with Mariogirl either, actually.

It's the only element missing in GSC names...

Not reeeally, considering the only elements used so far are Gold, Silver and Platinum (And sort of Carbon I suppose).

But the name... well, it's a bit early to be thinking about that, isn't it? But it'll probably be some vaguely related noun, yeah.

I really don't have any problems with her. Sure, the overalls were unexpected, but I'm not going "OMG SHE IS UGLY AND TERRIBLE" as a lot of people seem to be... As for the redesign of Gold, I like that too.

Starters following you could be interesting, although they might have to edit some maps even further to allow space for the starter's overworld sprite to always be behind you (Unless of course you don't have it in your party). Or something

I like the new girl just fine. What I don't like is the fact that there is no Crys, I mean, seriously, why take her away?

Hey, the new girl's cool. I sort of quite like her outfit. :D

I'll probably be getting SoulSilver and either Chikorita or Cyndaquil - Silver was my first GSC game and I'd like its remake. I'm intrigued by how they're going to do the music for all of the towns.

Are there any breeders around? Because new egg hatching areas will be AWESOME! Like having a Gyarados hatched at the Lake of Rage! Or a Magmortar hatched at Mt Mortar :)

Slowpoke can be hatched in Slowpoke Well, Dragonite at Dragon's Den(or Lake of Rage) etc.

Heehee, I just realised that they'll probably bring the red gyarados back, so I can finally have a Shiny Gyarados :D
At least they better bring the Red Dosey back.
And... I'm starting to warm up to the new girl, which is good, because I'll probably be playing as her...
And I'm picking Cyndaquil as my starter probably. Thats who I picked on a Crystal ROM I had a long time ago, and he's decent.

Red Gyar would be awesome, but I'm not sure they will due to everyone loving teh shinys.

Red Gyar would be awesome, but I'm not sure they will due to everyone loving teh shinys.

I don't see why they wouldn't, as it's quite a major part of the plot; however you'd probably see it absolutely everywhere on Wi-Fi battling and the GTS...

EDIT: Click

Yay for more official info.

I don't see why they wouldn't, as it's quite a major part of the plot; however you'd probably see it absolutely everywhere on Wi-Fi battling and the GTS...

EDIT: Click

Yay for more official info.

Looks like your starter will be following you for longer than we thought... Slowpoke Well and Kurt's House come way after you officially get the Pokeball for your starter Pokemon, so it following you is apparently more than it just being "borrowed".
I'm excited about the starters following you now, that was my favorite part of Pokemon Yellow. Think you'll be able to turn around and talk to it and it have different emotions? Or respond to its environment?

Eh, I'm starting to get over the new female design. But I agree, the hat does looks like Toad's mushroom cap...

I guess they based the female character's hat off of Firered's female hat design.....Anyway, she's so cute! I love her. It's about time they make the characters to actually look like 10-year olds.

Looks like they will also add pictures of important places like the Sprout Tower into the game, just like FR/LG. (I'm talking about those scenery picures you could see when you entered places like Viridian Forest or Diglett's Cave.)

Last edited:
The new art for cyndaquil & chikorita. I'm tempted to not get a totodile right now....

I was picturing in my head based on your "overalls" comments a trainer that looks like she lives on a farm, but what are you talking about? the girl looks great, much better than that ugly Krystal with blue hair and all! I pretty much always pick the female trainer recently and I am sure that with these games it will be no exception.

I'm just glad that they actually look like ten year olds.

Anyways, I'm very excited about this game. The only thing that horrifies me is that now all the Wi-Fi battles will be competitive. Does anyone else kinda hope that people will actually keep the game fun by using unpredictable movesets and Pokemon? If I see another Infernape I'm gonna scream.

I hated the girl when I first saw her, but now that I've had time to get used to her, she's all right. She actually does look like a ten-year-old (for once), but I still say I liked the girl that they introduced in FR/LG better. The only thing I hated about Crystal was her hair style. The color was fine, but...it was just weird.

Back
Top Bottom