• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

I got a faint idea for a Pokemon Roleplay. It will be humans, but they will be like superhumans. It will take place in the year 2500. An ordinary human discovers a black stone etched with ancient markings. Curious, he picks it up and then something bad happens. The stone somehow fills him with the knowledge on how to perform attacks similar to what a Dark-type Pokemon could use. His spirit becomes tainted with evil and he attempts to locate other stones.

That is when the roleplayer comes in. You, the roleplayer, wakes up and discovers an unual mark on your skin. It is the mark of one of the types that you choose. While you may be a Pokemon Trainer, you soon find out you have gained not onlty the powers of a certain type of Pokemon, but the personality as well. You must master the newfound power before the evil scientist thrusts the Pokemon World into darkness.

Its still a work in progress, but how does it sound?

I've been thinking of trying to run "The Soul Guard" again. It didn't get particularly far, but I remember it had a pretty good number of views. That's a good sign. Anyone who remembers it think I should? Last RP I tried was kind of pathetically run. I'm not good at running them, but I want to keep trying so I can get better.

I dunno, it seemed popular and like the only reason it didn't survive was me not pushing enough, and pushing the wrong details (like the map and stuff). A couple of people had undescriptive posts that didn't allow for much, either. (And the whole thing is sort of an ego thing because the whole concept minus the map and other little things is pretty much my idea.)

For people who don't know: The Soul Guard is about a group of people whose heritage can be accurately traced to various ancient tribes that used to dot the area of the country. Due to their heritage, they have exceptionally potent "guardians." Guardians exist in all things, but can usually do little other than provide the body with adrenaline. These people, the players, have intelligent, wise guardians (Who are sometimes arrogant or downright hostile to their hosts). The religion-based government found a way to isolate these genes, and issued an order throughout the entire land that samples be given from each family. A purge was ordered on those who may have carried the gene, being branded as "demons." Survivors gathered in a camp, hidden deep away in a remote location. You get to be on the first team to make a counterstrike. Goody goody.

Basically, we rampage through the country, and after a short while, our enemies have their own methods of making life difficult for us. Up to the point where we can die just as easily as any other RP. That was the shortest explanation I can give. I dunno, I'm afraid reviving it will only condemn it a second time. Because it was mostly my fault last time anyways.

YES PLEASE :D

And @Leon: that sounds interesting O: I'd prolly join that!

Leon, I agree with Coloursfall; Your RP idea does sound interesting, though it could use a bit of work. For instance, you might want to add a bit of history to the stone, which would help explain exactly how it would give the man knowledge. It is a pretty good idea! :D

I've been thinking of trying to run "The Soul Guard" again. It didn't get particularly far, but I remember it had a pretty good number of views. That's a good sign. Anyone who remembers it think I should? Last RP I tried was kind of pathetically run. I'm not good at running them, but I want to keep trying so I can get better.

I dunno, it seemed popular and like the only reason it didn't survive was me not pushing enough, and pushing the wrong details (like the map and stuff). A couple of people had undescriptive posts that didn't allow for much, either. (And the whole thing is sort of an ego thing because the whole concept minus the map and other little things is pretty much my idea.)

For people who don't know: The Soul Guard is about a group of people whose heritage can be accurately traced to various ancient tribes that used to dot the area of the country. Due to their heritage, they have exceptionally potent "guardians." Guardians exist in all things, but can usually do little other than provide the body with adrenaline. These people, the players, have intelligent, wise guardians (Who are sometimes arrogant or downright hostile to their hosts). The religion-based government found a way to isolate these genes, and issued an order throughout the entire land that samples be given from each family. A purge was ordered on those who may have carried the gene, being branded as "demons." Survivors gathered in a camp, hidden deep away in a remote location. You get to be on the first team to make a counterstrike. Goody goody.

Basically, we rampage through the country, and after a short while, our enemies have their own methods of making life difficult for us. Up to the point where we can die just as easily as any other RP. That was the shortest explanation I can give. I dunno, I'm afraid reviving it will only condemn it a second time. Because it was mostly my fault last time anyways.

Hm... HMMM... I would very much like to know more of this Guardian thing. :3

I got a faint idea for a Pokemon Roleplay. It will be humans, but they will be like superhumans. It will take place in the year 2500. An ordinary human discovers a black stone etched with ancient markings. Curious, he picks it up and then something bad happens. The stone somehow fills him with the knowledge on how to perform attacks similar to what a Dark-type Pokemon could use. His spirit becomes tainted with evil and he attempts to locate other stones.

That is when the roleplayer comes in. You, the roleplayer, wakes up and discovers an unual mark on your skin. It is the mark of one of the types that you choose. While you may be a Pokemon Trainer, you soon find out you have gained not onlty the powers of a certain type of Pokemon, but the personality as well. You must master the newfound power before the evil scientist thrusts the Pokemon World into darkness.

Its still a work in progress, but how does it sound?

HMMMMMMMMM, methinks this is a good time to be an RPer! Everybody is having good ideas lately~ Although, I think Darkaura is right that more history would be awesome. I love details.

Zombie survival RP? /cliché

No really, maybe sort of WD style, and focusing more on survival and characters than killing zombies.

Except I haven't even started my first RP, so if someone else was willing to run it.... :P

I have kind of a faint idea for an RP, and I'm honestly not sure if it's any good.

Let's say that, legendaries actually aren't just beings in themselves, but they actually use human hosts. Every two thousand years, the legendaries find a human with compatible traits and enter their body. The human can go on for years without knowing the power they are harboring. Also, knowing the general lifespan of the legends, the human lives until it passes on to a new host. However, their is a catch. If the host dies (from disease or murder) before the legend passes to another body, the legend is destroyed along with it. Therefore, anyone can claim it's area of power. (ex. if Dialga dies, the first person who realizes it could take control of time.)

It's still a work in progress, for example, why do the legends have to host? So whaddaya think?

Gah has the latest TCoD one gone belly up? Or am I losing my mind?

I'm still looking for an RP to join. I haven't given up! *Cue "You're the Best Around"*

Okay so, trying to ease myself into actually starting RPs and things, and I have an idea.

I know Minecraft really...doesn't have a plot (at least a mandatory one), but the setting could be fun - and I have some plotty ideas. This is a 'letter' I wrote for something similar I'm doing, to give you guys an idea, except it would be for more then once person, probably a letter for each player:

Jacob,

You have been here for a long time, haven't you? All alone. It's too bad, though. You haven't explored beyond your little farm, have you? Don't worry, we all start somewhere. But I need you to know - you are not alone. "I knew that," you must be thinking. "I've seen the monsters." But I don't mean them - another person, a real one, like you. That's exciting, isn't it...? I think you'll like her.

Look out your window into the snowy wild you live in, Jacob. Beyond the cold, you will find a place where stone meets sand, and where ancient knowledge is just waiting for you. You have a destiny, Jacob - and the buried temple will arm you for that destiny.

You may not trust me, for I'm nothing more than a voice in a dream, but you always believed in the power of dreams, haven't you Jacob? And this dream will show you a path through this maze called life, where a monstrous beast waits at the End.

Uncover the temple. Find the girl. Slay the dragon.

Okay so, trying to ease myself into actually starting RPs and things, and I have an idea.

I know Minecraft really...doesn't have a plot (at least a mandatory one), but the setting could be fun - and I have some plotty ideas. This is a 'letter' I wrote for something similar I'm doing, to give you guys an idea, except it would be for more then once person, probably a letter for each player:

This sounds amazing. I'd join.

Y'know, As of these past few months I've been all but depressed at my lack of finding an RP that I can get invested in. I do miss the days where I was among the most active of RPers here. To alleviate that, I've thought up an idea for a new RP. I'd like some thoughts on it:

I can take you back to a time where there was peace. Where there was prosperity. Where we worked together in harmony, free of all strife and suffering.

I can take you back to a time where the idea of there being a divide amongst our kind - much less amongst our
world - was laughable.

I can take you back to that time... but only in your memory. For that time is gone forever.

Though to be honest, I don't know when it started. I doubt I'll ever know the exact day, but one of the days, the pokemon.... so many of the pokemon...

Well, you of course know the story. How the pokemon declared their desire to be free of Man, how so much of Man fell to their former friends, how that... that
creature declared open war against Man.

I am sure you know the rest - that there were some of us that chose to stay with Man, be it out of gratitude, loyalty, or our strength... for one reason or another, there are those of us that still stay with Man.

And now here we are, in a true living hell. Some of us hope to make strikes against
his land in the heart of the region, others of us are merely trying to survive in this new land.

And then, of course, there are those of us that are with
him. That army that still hopes to eradicate Man and his allies. I dare not think of what will happen if we should fall in battle... bit then again, what would we be sans a drop in an ocean of blood?

I took the idea of the Poke Wars and toned it down slightly, basically. The core premise is the same - pokemon declaring open war against mankind - but I doubt the fight scenes would be nearly as intense or elaborate, and I don't plan on the legendaries having as direct a role in this RP as they do in Poke Wars (that's not to say they wouldn't have a role at all, mind you)

Again, thoughts?

Exo, it sounds interesting! After this week I should also be less bogged down with projects. >:/ So I might check it out and also join the Soul Guard if it's still open for that...

(DotP in late April, guys. It will happen I promise.)

Zombie survival RP? /cliché

No really, maybe sort of WD style, and focusing more on survival and characters than killing zombies.

I happened to look over this thread a few hours ago, and had some ideas shape in my mind. I have a feeling that I might be able to pull one of these off... I mean, it is kind of a classic idea, but it might not of been used here. *shrug*
If anyone would be willing to join it, I'd personally love to be the GM and get it all set up and junk! And who knows maybe I can manage to let Pokemon be in it :O Zombie Pokes OMG

EDIT: And, holy crap, guys, I even got a thing.

Twelve years.

Twelve years since the day the Infection escaped from a laboratory in northern California. It was an experiment to enhance and strengthen the human immune system, and it had failed utterly. It morphed the patient's cellular structure into something monstrous, and his blood seemed to mutate almost immediately into something unworldly. Alien. Fatal to mankind.

The heart of the man ceased to beat, and at first glance it seemed as though he died.

But that perspective was changed entirely as he began to reanimate. The color of his skin began to drain into a pale tone, and his eyes were black and lifeless. The military tried to contain him, but he was immune to their ammo. It didn't kill him. Nothing they tried to do did.

And, in turn, he bit one of the scientists. And another. And another. By that point, it was hopeless for all of the men still standing as the original zom and his new victims began to feast on their lives. It was too horrific for some to even comprehend, and to this day some become queasy or are struck by paranoia at the mention of it.

The government tried to cover it up, but it grew fatally apparent that there was no way they could keep up with their lies.

For not even a day after the Infection turned loose, more than half a million were mutated. In a sense, they were killed; the Infection would be passed by one of its victims biting, scratching or injuring another, and it was only a matter of time before all of the United States was engulfed by the undead. Zombies, as some call them. A rather twisted term, actually, though so many fail to realize what mass terror and worldwide devastation was caused by those things. Thousands would fall victim daily. Millions would be taken monthly at the rate the Infection was spreading.

Some Americans managed to flee overseas before they were mutated into zoms, but others wern't so lucky. And the nationwide blackout didn't help the matter. Electricity was permenately knocked out because no one was there to fix it, and because it had no value anymore. Guns didn't get rid of the zoms. They would always shuffle mindlessly to their prey until they got what they wanted, regardless of how many bullets shot through their body.

The other countries couldn't risk letting the Infection travel to the rest of the world. So they started to reject any incoming planes or ships from the Americas. And, sueprisingly, it worked; the zombies didn't make it pass the blockades, and over the corse of twelve years, were contained to North and South America. Though the two continents were fundamentally hopeless, the rest if the world was safe. For now.

However, hope still was aflame for a few in the States. Citizens started to establish communities across the land to help survivors live. These communities, more commonly known as "Safe Houses" by the inhabitants, were heavily guarded by huge, steel enforced walls made from scrap metal. Men and women were trained to stand watch at towers planted on these walls for waves of zoms that needed to be executed if they posed a threat. Zombie hunters would be sent on calls of victims' families to find their infected loved ones and send them to eternal rest by either severing the brainstem or decapitating them. Farms were set up in areas where the soil was best, giving the people a source of food. Water was collected from rainstorms, ponds and streams either within the Safe House or nearby on the other side of the wall. In twelve short years, at least a couple hundred thousand Americans managed to hang onto life and live peacefully within the massive walls of their communities.

But then it started to crumble.

There were five known communities still intact at the beginning of the twelfth year—Sacramento, Ontario, Saõ Paulo, Denver and Quebec, respectively to the city they once were—and two months into that year, three had mysteriously fell into nothing but zoms. The two surviving communities feared the safety of their citizens, so they began to reinforce their walls and mass-produce more crops in case disaster struck. However, only one Safe House—Sacramento—managed to hang on as the other was slowly and painfully devoured by the ever-hungry zombies. Now, the only community of humans in the Americas, was absolutely terrified.

The administrative board of Sacramento decided to cover up the other communities' demise, but the news soon leaked out to the citizens, and they began to worry. Rumors of the administrators failing to protect their people began to stir about, and the citizens were losing hope. The propaganda was overwhelming, and some were sure that zombies were going to make their way through the walls and infect all the inhabitants. And there was really no way to blame them; all the other Safe Houses were gone. No trace of life remained. It was only a matter of time before they were going to be killed, too, wasn't it?

Basic idea: RPers are in Sacramento during the time of hardship. And disaster's gonna strike 'em.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Hey, I'm a new member of the forum, just joined a couple days ago.

Had an idea for an RP, still developing it, but it's a Pokemon RP... still unsure if I want to do a Mystery Dungeon style or a trainer and pokemon style (like the main games). But what I do want to do is a crossover, something where Pokemon show up in another world and residents of that world become trainers, or the Pokemon traverse that world. For the trainers, I'm thinking something more like the relationship between Ash and Pikachu or Lucario and his trainer. Where they become friends and make bonds without needing Pokeballs, and possibly a kind of "psychic" connection, something like the "aura." If anyone wants to give some feedback and maybe suggest a world to crossover into, that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom