• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

MINECRAFT

I got my hands on a Diamond Pickaxe, so I used it and build a Portal to the Nether.

...fucking Ghasts!

Update: A creeper nearly made me gasp to death. I lost an insignificant amount of iron and five pickaxes because I just had to check out that underground river.

My viaduct it taking shape though! Just need lots of iron to make the tracks over it.

Last edited:
Progress on my village was hampered a bit because a creeper blew up my island getaway (fucking creepers) so I had to go back and repair that using lots of sand, lots of stone and a shit load of cobblestone to build a double wall around the house and my trees. Fucking creepers.

One of my friends let me use his login. My underwater glass dome will be mine soon, because I got a desert with plenty of sand and coal :D

I was boating around at night (I'm on Peaceful :P) and found a random lava pit :O It was pretty amazing :D

I mine a bunch of logs and place signs saying "TO SURFACE" or something like that along paths that ultimately lead there.

Anyone tried multiplyer? Check out (put this in the ip field) "mc.hakaslak.com:25567". It's a huge creative server.
Also, one I've been playing is "bloodbath.hakaslak.com", it's a survival server where people can fight one another.

I mine a bunch of logs and place signs saying "TO SURFACE" or something like that along paths that ultimately lead there.

I mine a bunch of logs and place signs

I mine a bunch of logs

mine ... logs

jackiechanconfused1.jpg

So I bought Minecraft and I've been playing the hell out of it. Mostly SMP with a couple of friends. We have a fort with a cool tree-library room and a greenhouse and it's all floating above a hole we're going to eventually fill with lava >:3

Also I took out my first dungeon earlier this morning. It was SO SCARY D: We were mining a deep hole under our fortress to put a portal (we found out they don't work in SMP yet) and ran into a room with a lava river and we could hear a bunch of skeletons, and my friend glitched out and said she saw like five skeletons on fire dancing around through the wall before the world was finished loading, so I got all excited and got my diamond sword and pickaxe, all ready to find the dungeon... It was another 20 minutes before we found it and by then the psych had worn off and I was really anxious and jumpy and stuff.
And I'm like the jumpiest, scaredest-of-the-dark person so when I mined a rock in front of my feet and suddenly heard arrows flying up at me I basically sprung out of my chair and started flailing around, and then I took another five or so minutes to work up the nerve to jump down and flail around with my sword and torches. I was still really nervous because attached to the dungeon was a deep dark tunnel with a river flowing through it, and for the rest of the portal room's construction we could hear zombies and spiders and lots of splashing. ; ;

Um, next time I get on I play I guess I'll probably make a video tour of our cool stuff and stuff. A lot of it is kind of chintzy since I've only been playing for a few days, but >;

So after a long hiatus I've gone and gotten re-addicted to this game. Went in, popped a new set of mods in, started a new world.

2011-01-08_224337.png

Found a pool of lava just chillin' in the overworld. What. I've seen lava /close/ to the surface, like, in a collapsed sand pit - but I've found at least 3 pools already, no to mention lava falls from the tops of mountains. The terrain generator seems to have been tweaked slightly from the last time I played, lava used to be underground only.
this is course notwithstanding the times I've used terrain generators to make worlds of flying islands with gooey lava centres.

I also have been having a good time with the Mo' Creatures mod, between horses to ride, foxies to cuddle, and werewolves to raeg at (can only kill the stupid things with gold swords, and they have a faster lunge than spiders :V fff) it's pretty much a must-have.
Course, I love a challenge, but I outright disabled ogres, cause I don't want those block smashing twats buggering up my worlds. Kinda sucks though cause they drop good stuff but meh they'll also tear down a mountain you're standing on.

So, I was playing Minecraft yesterday and I decided to set sail for new horizons. I headed in the direction of the deep, vast blueness and on my way to new lands I passed a massive vein of clay. Like, absolutely massive. I collected something like 5 x 64 clay bits! Maybe more! Then I continued onwards and eventually found a really nice continent. I'd forgotten to bring coal, but that was okay because RIGHT NEXT to my house was a coal vein. Then I mined for a little bit and hit iron. After I hit the iron I hit some gold. After the gold I hit more coal. <3

Update came out :o

Black sheep and squids!

Lots of changes but there are unconfirmed reports that creepers are faster and spiders can climb walls D:

Last edited:
Black sheep and squids!

Minecraft wiki says you use the new squid in on wool to make black wool. Nothing about black sheep though...?
edit: nvm lol found it. :v So is wool useless for anything beyond decoration still?

I have to go make a cake ASAP! >8D

Last edited:
Minecraft wiki says you use the new squid in on wool to make black wool. Nothing about black sheep though...?
edit: nvm lol found it. :v So is wool useless for anything beyond decoration still?

I have to go make a cake ASAP! >8D

You can use dye on sheep to make them that colour too. Since sheep can produce more than one wool, it's more efficient that way!

... uh

Guys this is my first update since I bought the game, what am I supposed to do? D: it won't let me on multiplayer anymore
And also the bark of some of my trees looks like coal for some reason in default, and solid gray in Painterly...

Last edited:
There's a new kind of tree out, I think birch. That might be why.

Don't know about multiplayer though :(

edit edit edit: Yay got multiplayer working!

... except none of my friends are on :'C

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom