• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2009

Woohoo.

The novel would probably be in the style of an old fashioned RPG, complete with characters putting stuff in their inventory, dealing 78 damage, and characters being revived.

Characters... Bob would eventually gain the ability to beat up people with the corpse of Retard McDonlard, the hobo with magic powers would channel spirits from his beer bottle, and the girl would make other people feel inferior to her.

one of us
one of us

Finally found a title I like, ahaha. By sheer dumb luck the plot I cobbled together earlier this week has some similarities to the story I started reading yesterday, Red Harvest, and since the whole thing is one big stupid parodyesque joke anyway I have absolutely no qualms about ganking the title (and parts of the plot) and abusing it for my own nefarious purposes.

oh dear jesus there are only nine hours of freedom leeeeeefft D:

Hmm... yeah, DST ends on November 1st this year, doesn't it? Uh, it's "spring forward, fall backward", right, so then the clocks get set back an hour at midnight.

...that's an extra hour of freedom, then, isn't it? Please? For the sake of everything else I'd like to finish first? D:

I'm so excited to get this started. I'm planning out everything right now, and I'm very happy with my outline. I just hope this enthusiasm lasts.

Hmm... yeah, DST ends on November 1st this year, doesn't it? Uh, it's "spring forward, fall backward", right, so then the clocks get set back an hour at midnight.

...that's an extra hour of freedom, then, isn't it? Please? For the sake of everything else I'd like to finish first? D:

In the UK, at least, the clocks don't go back until two am.

In the UK, at least, the clocks don't go back until two am.

It's like that in the USA, too. Not sure about anywhere else, though.

Also: do the nanobars just not work until NaNoWriMo officially starts, or is there some other problem with them? They're all showing up as the red-X-in-a-box to me.

HEY EVERYONE!

When NaNoWriMo starts, we'll do what we did last year. If you post, you need to post a short excerpt of your novel.

I'm starting to write when my computer says midnight, regardless of when it actually is.

Do write when it says it's midnight; the conversion doesn't take place until 2 A.M. and it's backwards, which for me means I need to make some extra coffee. :)

I haven't actually written this yet, but I am planning to put the following scene in my comic.

"My name is Lakestorm Wright. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

"No. I am your father."

(my main character's name is Lakestorm Wright yes - it's a satire story so I figured my main character should be a self-insert anyway

but not a Mary Sue because that would ruin some of the ideas I have planned)

Okay, so if the teams don't equal out for the Word War by the end of November, then I'll count myself into each of those teams so that each team will have an equal amount of members.

And now I need to make my final preparations with my outline. I doubt I'll reach the final chapters in 50k, but I had some more ideas for other chapters.

Okay, so if the teams don't equal out for the Word War by the end of November, then I'll count myself into each of those teams so that each team will have an equal amount of members.

You could stick me in one of 'em, if you need some filler people to make the numbers in each team equal.

Also: do the nanobars just not work until NaNoWriMo officially starts, or is there some other problem with them? They're all showing up as the red-X-in-a-box to me.

I know that the official widgets aren't working yet--something about the API not being ready. So if it is the API, the TCoD bars aren't going to work either. It's due to work as soon as whenever the first rolls around to their servers but may take as long as a few days, depending on when stuff can be sorted out and what the massive number of people accessing the site does to the servers.

Something like that, anyway. I don't remember exactly what I read or where I read it, but I think some sticky post on the forums said something about it.

Back
Top Bottom