• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2011

STORY HOW DARE YOU i did not want either of those two to start having romantic feelings for each other and now they do and its all your fault i demand you to fix this right now or theyre both going to die in the last chapter you hear me?

It's startling to think that I'm already 40% there.

Oh man, apparently I don't get any writing done on the weekend when I'm not actually desperately needing to do homework... I have quite a bit to catch up on now... =(

I've been counting each day I update my lp as 2k words, since it takes me longer to do that than it does to write that much and it's something continuous that I can look back on later and go "Look, I finished that." Almost all of the fic I've been writing is gensui anyway, so it's related thematically, and I've gotten a few plunnies from replaying, so. I've been considering each day rather than each update, though, since doing a second update right after one doesn't require much more motivation.

It's kind of against the letter of NaNoWriMo, but the whole idea is to just get things done, so I think it's in line with the spirit. :|a

Man I keep slipping behind on this. D: Geez Totodile keep derping around on the internet instead of actually being productive why don't you.

... Although listening to music from Super Mario Galaxy somehow led to writing over 4500 words tonight. It was bizarre.

Man I keep slipping behind on this. D: Geez Totodile keep derping around on the internet instead of actually being productive why don't you.

... Although listening to music from Super Mario Galaxy somehow led to writing over 4500 words tonight. It was bizarre.

Some people find it easier to concentrate and think when they're listening to music.
Maybe you can try listening to something the next time you write?

In fact, I suggest everyone do this and see if it affects their writing.

Some people find it easier to concentrate and think when they're listening to music.

I couldn't get the chapter started, took this advice and 2 and a half K words in an hour. Do it people.

I was listening to music yesterday and I wrote almost as much as I did on the first day. I was listening to music then as well. I find that I have a much harder time concentrating when I'm not listening to music. Which is probably why I usually don't write this fast in school.

I'm nearly caught up, and I'm going to have time to write for about a half hour today. Which will get me to even nearer to being caught up :D I couldn't update my word count yesterday (except for one time early in the day because I felt like it) because the site was down, though.

I used to write with music, but now I often find music to distract me; I end up listening to the song and thinking about the song rather than writing. But there are songs I listen to for inspiration - some of them have a certain tone or mood that matches my story, and some have lyrics that are just vague enough that I can imagine they apply to my story. Things like that =D

Well, yes, that's exactly what I was doing. I'll probably try and do that again for the next couple of days, in fact, since it seems to be working wonders for me. It's like the second the music starts, my nitpicky internal editor goes "OOOH SHINY" and leaves me alone for a few hours. So that's awesome.

I manage to clock in a lot more words if I'm listening to music from Homestuck, especially Cascade. That might just be because I'm obsessed with it, though!

Most video game music works, as well. The lyrics of most songs tend to sidetrack me a lot.

I manage to clock in a lot more words if I'm listening to music from Homestuck, especially Cascade. That might just be because I'm obsessed with it, though!

Most video game music works, as well. The lyrics of most songs tend to sidetrack me a lot.

Awwwwww yeeeeeee

I /only/ listen to Homestuck music when I write essays and such.

I've noticed that I spend ~ 30 minutes messing around on the computer before I can actually get started.
If I get some music up straight away, though, I can usually get focused within a few minutes.

Hmm... is it immoral to change my timezone so that words that I write at, say 1:30 AM on the 14th (just for example) actually count toward the 13th? I feel like "the 13th" doesn't actually end until I go to bed. Or maybe that's cheating. =P

Gah, I had words to add to last night's wordcount, but I didn't update it... I guess that gives me like 200 words to start with today haha.

So unmotivated this year. vo.ov I'm at 60% anyway and I doubt I'd be farther than that if I really cared (might even have written less!), but sigh. At least my story's going okay I figured out some new stuff now it looks like I left all those clues because I had a plan!

Hmm... is it immoral to change my timezone so that words that I write at, say 1:30 AM on the 14th (just for example) actually count toward the 13th? I feel like "the 13th" doesn't actually end until I go to bed. Or maybe that's cheating. =P

Gah, I had words to add to last night's wordcount, but I didn't update it... I guess that gives me like 200 words to start with today haha.

I don't think it's cheating! It's just a stat, and it's not like you're trying to get more words than you ought to have, you just happen to have a schedule where you stay up after midnight!

It really annoys me that it has to switch days after midnight, I just update my count sometime after that so it'll at least have sort of consistent days, even if it's the wrong day.

Congratulations to Cloudy / Popcorn the Plot Bunny, who has successfully achieved the normal 50,000 words.

To everyone else, YOU CAN DO IT!

At the beginning of a month it took 2 and a half hours to do the 1667 words. Now it only takes one and a half. I like this!

Congratulations to Cloudy / Popcorn the Plot Bunny, who has successfully achieved the normal 50,000 words.

To everyone else, YOU CAN DO IT!

At the beginning of a month it took 2 and a half hours to do the 1667 words. Now it only takes one and a half. I like this!

That's really great, Cloudy, great job, yay~!

Also that's a lot quicker that's a pretty good time! I'm not sure how quickly I write, but I wrote ~4000 words in about three hours yesterday! NaNoWriMo wouldn't update the graph or the words written today until now, though, so now my graph is all messed up siiiiiigh. Oh well at least it still shows that I've hit the goal every day >:(

It would be neat to know how fast everyone else writes, too!

Back
Top Bottom