• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Objection! (Ace Attorney fan-club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it isn't (remember how you literally spent 60% of your time watching JCS?).
I spend 80% of my time now thinking about Godot/Phoenix Wright in general now even when I'm trying to do math. D: And 60% playing it!

opaltiger said:
Also, does anyone else get annoyed by how the games keep bashing us over the head with "PROSECUTORS ARE EVIL AND FORGE EVIDENCE RAR" (less so in T&T, but that's replaced by Godot hating Phoenix so it's all okay). And then Phoenix comes along and three cases later they are redeemed! :o Seriously. It's annoying. It is the main reason Klavier is my favourite prosecutor.
Well, Kristoph did it too. D: And technically only the prosecutors who learned from Manfred von Karma actually forge evidence, which kind of makes sense. Obviously you have a point about the prosecutor being set up as the villain and eventually being 'redeemed' to some degree after facing Phoenix is court, but I can't help seeing that as being better than portraying them as the irredeemable evil.

Well, mostly, actually, I just think they wouldn't be very interesting as characters if all they ever did was make their case in good faith that they're doing the right thing. Payne works because he's silly and incompetent and is only in the first case of each game; when you're having your climatic battle of wits in the last case, you want to feel like you're up against something a bit more epic than that. As such, I mainly see the whole 'redeem evil prosecutor' as a kind of necessary evil to keep up a decent conflict while giving the characters some dimensions.

So yeah, I see your point, but I can't help thinking it would not really improve the game to tone that aspect down, any more than it would improve the game to have you never find out the real murderer or spend most of your time investigating traditional, straightforward crimes with no absurd twists to them.

Now I'll finally be able to read all your spoilers!

No you can't. Most of them aren't JFA spoilers. :P

I think I might be able to get my mom and little brother to play, actually. My mom hasn't played video games with me since we were using her old Atari when I was like, three. And she totally likes this kind of crime-solving stuff and asdfghkl I WILL make her play dammit

Also, does anyone else get annoyed by how the games keep bashing us over the head with "PROSECUTORS ARE EVIL AND FORGE EVIDENCE RAR" (less so in T&T, but that's replaced by Godot hating Phoenix so it's all okay). And then Phoenix comes along and three cases later they are redeemed! :o Seriously. It's annoying. It is the main reason Klavier is my favourite prosecutor.

Well, it is true we've had out share of evil/could-be-evil-but-were-redeemed prosecutors, but, uh, Payne's never gonna be evil :D
Plus, uh... Hammond? in the first game case 4 was a not-very-nice defence attorney. And Grossberg is hardly admirable (especially because he's sleeping with Redd :D)

Point very much taken, though.

Grossberg is awesome for sleeping with Redd what are you talking about D: Replaying AA now and I'm almost at the point where I can go bother Grossberg about stuff; I never did see what happened when you say "You're lovers! :O" and I'm really looking forward to it.

But seriously yeah anyone who works in the legal system in PW and isn't a defense attorney (ignoring Hammond but he doesn't count because he's dead!) is either evil or a retard. Possibly a lovable retard, like Gumshoe, but a retard nonetheless!

Where is Vernes why hasn't he posted here yet

.. um.. can I join? D:

By the way, ""Well excuuuuuse me, princess!" is Link's annoying catchphrase in a 80's Legend of Zelda cartoon that aired in the US.

^ Edit: Your avvie. Is amazing.

Grossberg is awesome for sleeping with Redd what are you talking about D: Replaying AA now and I'm almost at the point where I can go bother Grossberg about stuff; I never did see what happened when you say "You're lovers! :O" and I'm really looking forward to it.

AA spoilers
But Redd's a horrible guy, and if Grossberg's sleeping with him, it's only for his own personal benefit. THEY DON'T REALLY LOVE EACH OTHER D:

Oh, the "you're lovers" conversation is hilarious. Especially because it's prefixed with Pheonix saying "I can't pretend to know what you're feeling..." or something to that effect. Whatever it is, it makes me go "Suuuure, Nick, whatever you say.". X3

What's love got to do with it? :P I might agree if I actually shipped them, but, again... yeah okay no. I just find it hilarious that Phoenix would go that far and, by extension, that makes Grossberg hilarious.

(not particularly good reasoning but... uh... no! I blame Zarla. Yeah, that's what it is. I totally blame Zarla for making Grossberg entertaining.)

Your avvie. Is amazing.

Thank you :)

Grossberg's hemroids... I had forgotten about them, although I laughed when he mentioned them. Anyway, the first option I chose was "You're lovers" just for seeing what would happen..

Oh good lord, the haemorrhoids. I'm amazed poor Mia didn't kill him during the first case. I know I wanted to. o.o

Still, it was kinda cool to see him there. It sucks that you only really get to know Mia after she dies. D:

Oh good lord, the haemorrhoids. I'm amazed poor Mia didn't kill him during the first case. I know I wanted to. o.o

Still, it was kinda cool to see him there. It sucks that you only really get to know Mia after she dies. D:

She was close to killing him though.

Which leads me to my next point, Mia seems really pissed off about Phoenix and Dahlia. I know why she'd be annoyed about Dahlia. But she seems very violent when Phoenix mentions her.

Young Phoniex is hilarious too, he's quite cute and I like his desgin. But his shoes annoy me. P and W on them? Pfft, silly.

Which leads me to my next point, Mia seems really pissed off about Phoenix and Dahlia. I know why she'd be annoyed about Dahlia. But she seems very violent when Phoenix mentions her.

I think that's just because he's so painfully lovey-dovey. I hit my friends when they go into stupid-couple-mode :3

This nearly made me die laughing, so I have to inflict it on you.

And this.

And, hell, more or less anything PW-y by that artist X3

I think that's just because he's so painfully lovey-dovey. I hit my friends when they go into stupid-couple-mode :3

This nearly made me die laughing, so I have to inflict it on you.

And this.

And, hell, more or less anything PW-y by that artist X3

That's a wonderful artist, thank you very much for the link =]

I know why she'd be annoyed about Dahlia. But she seems very violent when Phoenix mentions her.

I think it might be because she's irritated that Phoenix is acting exactly like Fawles had, and most of us know how that turned out.

Oh, that's true, I... actually never thought of that. Although you know, it is painfully obvious, now I feel really dumb. D:

And thank you so much for posting that, Danni, I love the Little Miss Turnabout one especially~
I should go look at some of their other stuff :D

<MidnightSaboteur> I want to poke the ace attorney thread with the screencappery but I don't know what I'd say :B
<surskitty> "ITP: SCREENCAPS AND COMMENTS go us"

HEY GUYS and gals guess what

opal and surskitty and nwt and I have this thing

... and yeah I can't think of anything else to say. uh. GO PW~

I finished 4-3! :o
I liked the case reasonably much, if I couldn't really buy the whole 'must-not-sell-life-saving-medicine-because-you-can-make-poison' thing (and why didn't the Chief Justice's son get some of that Incuritis medicine? D: Why didn't they make some in Borginia and then send it over or something?).

I have no idea why the hell, but ... kind of like Daryan. When he's not suggestively stroking his hair, anyway. Maybe it's just my heterosexualness speaking, because aside from the disturbing hair he is kind of hot. D: Which makes me feel shallow because he's a bastard.

I presume 4-4 is pretty epic, since it's the last case in the game and the previous ones haven't felt that long.

Oh, and I had a dream where Shadey, my cousin and I were playing WarCraft II but were somehow playing as PW characters anyway (I picked Godot). Then we were supposed to pick a mission objective and somehow we all picked "To discover the world's greatest coffee." I can't remember what happened during the actual game, unfortunately.

Charteon said:
I know why she'd be annoyed about Dahlia. But she seems very violent when Phoenix mentions her.
Yeah, I found that odd too before we found out about the Terry Fawles case -
as Walker said, presumably it was because she was watching her new client be deceived by Dahlia in exactly the same way as Terry, whom she watched commit suicide. And Mia loves nobody but Diego anyway! :o (oh gods, I think I ship it, which is rather stupid because I don't ship and have never felt the need to care about the love lives of fictional characters, but I can't help it damn it ;_;)

I finished 4-3! :o
I liked the case reasonably much, if I couldn't really buy the whole 'must-not-sell-life-saving-medicine-because-you-can-make-poison' thing (and why didn't the Chief Justice's son get some of that Incuritis medicine? D: Why didn't they make some in Borginia and then send it over or something?).

I have no idea why the hell, but ... kind of like Daryan. When he's not suggestively stroking his hair, anyway. Maybe it's just my heterosexualness speaking, because aside from the disturbing hair he is kind of hot. D: Which makes me feel shallow because he's a bastard.

I presume 4-4 is pretty epic, since it's the last case in the game and the previous ones haven't felt that long.

Oh, and I had a dream where Shadey, my cousin and I were playing WarCraft II but were somehow playing as PW characters anyway (I picked Godot). Then we were supposed to pick a mission objective and somehow we all picked "To discover the world's greatest coffee." I can't remember what happened during the actual game, unfortunately.

Yeah, I found that odd too before we found out about the Terry Fawles case -
as Walker said, presumably it was because she was watching her new client be deceived by Dahlia in exactly the same way as Terry, whom she watched commit suicide. And Mia loves nobody but Diego anyway! :o (oh gods, I think I ship it, which is rather stupid because I don't ship and have never felt the need to care about the love lives of fictional characters, but I can't help it damn it ;_;)

Diego and Mia is canon dammit, the last few Phoenix Wright snapshots have had them at the center being a couple >:|

Speaking of the Phoenix Wright snapshots, I have them here. Not sure if there are spoilers.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa209/jpn_g2/GSSnap/080130gemaga_gssnap02.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg36/Pyeeew/ohgodno.jpg Close up of the Phoenix shower shot
th_Hotti.gif

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa209/jpn_g2/GSSnap/08043000.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa209/jpn_g2/GSSnap/080329gemaga05_gssnap02.jpg
http://mht4ia.bay.livefilestore.com...Kx_nz9lKBED8p1DRQ/080530gemaga06_gssnap01.jpg
http://mht4ia.bay.livefilestore.com...fLN6ZfUTKr09jqmHs/080630gemaga07_gssnap02.jpg

The last Picture has Godot~ And please excuse the long links, I can't remember how to shorten them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom