• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers

Asdfg. I'd only just started drawing when I joined the OS-ers first time D:
Please don't look at any of my art okay D:?

Also uhhh, I've really been meaning to respond to people's criticisms and stuff for NewIce and comment on people's art (I've started writing twice, but I lost the posts before I was done) so I'm so sorry that I didn't, but rest assured I read them all (and promptly <3'd) and looked at everything :D

Uhh, I haven't done much non-comic art recently, and considering it's in a heavily spoilerish area at the moment, I'm reluctant to post any of the pages (I wouldn't mind people reading it xD), but I'm working on a Profile card for one of the characters at the moment, so I'll post that once I'm done :o

Wow, I was pretty terrible back then too. I mean [this] just aaargh. And I was always kinda proud of that for some reason, probably due to it being the first group picture I drew.

I really want to draw a group picture now.

Also damnit it's almost midnight and I want to read more but I need sleep more than happy memories. I'm on page 20 so far with a little skipping in between unimportant posts. My god I really didn't post much back then at all.

IDEAL It'd be cool to make the OS comic-story-thing into an group audiobook. I got the idea from all of the voice clips that were spinning around the early pages of the old thread.

Last edited:
I would do that! I can totally voice myself! 8D

...I'm also tempted to start coloring all the pages, but THAT'S JUST ME

We could all narrate the bits that we're in or the bits we say. eg.
[THIS PAGE]
Me: The bandit wasn't about to give up, however, and continued shooting a barrage of bullets at Zora
Spaekle: "The bandit's got a revolver! Shouldn't he have ran out of bullets by now?" Spaekle shouted over the roar of the gun while a pile of bullets in front of him grew bigger.
Linooney: "I think he has one of those video game guns that never needs recharging!" Linoone shouted a reply
Providing of course that Spaekle/Linooney/Everyone else involved wants to and can. But if it's not, then having someone else read it is fine. Or how about people reading chapters at a time?

IDEAL It'd be cool to make the OS comic-story-thing into an group audiobook. I got the idea from all of the voice clips that were spinning around the early pages of the old thread.

I'd been thinking about everyone choosing pages to redraw, but this sounds more fun (and easier :D)

Anyways, I got that profile page done, but uh, I kinda rushed it (both the base drawing and the photoshopping, for various reasons), so go easy on it D:

Ice, there is a huge improvement in your art that occured so rapidly that I didn't notice the change, if there ever was one.

Kazu's profile looks really good, though there's a few nitpicks. In the main shot, the way that the Lapel (collar-ish bit) is drawn makes it seem it folds further down the back than it should. Also, the left shoulder seems to be raised too high compared to the right. Lastly, the lineart for the right ear on the bottom-left panel is blurred more than anywhere else. But other than that I have no complaints, especially when the quality of your art has improved this much. :D

(wow i think I wrote a somewhat decent critique for once)

Whoa, this thread moves pretty fast. I made a mental note to respond to something but it's a couple of pages back now. Anyway, somewhat belated, but thanks for the welcomes.

...going back to scribbling now.

I was a member of the original OS, so would I be able to rejoin?
..though that means drawing more than just scribbles in my sketchbooks ._.

I think I artdumped too much in the original thread, sorry about that! It's just that I wasn't active enough to have my own little thread and when I did get around to making one, no one looked at my art.

I'd love to get critiques on my artwork, but I porbably won't crit other people back because I can't critique without sounding like a huge bitch /fails.
Does anyone have good advice on how to critique properly?

Here's my DA, but practically everything except maybe my two most recent pictures are horrible so yeah- http://rai-ch.deviantart.com/

oh my god you guys

nostalgiaaa~
Yes I am going through every post in the thread again. I miss the old days. :'c

Also Pentimento; Thanks for the reference, it's great to see where folds aught to go and stuff. Kai!Jacket is a bit thicker than a labcoat though, more like . . . Well, a jacket. Though I did realise I needed to edit the shoulders a little thanks to your help. And If I can get straps on my sleeves, I damn well will. :D

It's actually a trench coat, not a lab coat, lulz. Lab coats are white, no?

Anyhow, yes, we all sucked long ago. :v I refuse to post any old art (and not just because I am at my sisters and don't have access to it). :D

It's actually a trench coat, not a lab coat, lulz. Lab coats are white, no?
Well in fairness, it is kinda white. I modelled Kai!Jacket after my own jacket, which is actually a Reefing Jacket. I draw it with no buttons, though. I think I've finally got the lineart I want it, so I'll probably start going over it soon.

It's good to see you back, RaiCH. My advice on criticism is just to say what you like and point out any flaws. That's what I do.

Much as I hate looking back at my old stuff and realizing how bad it is, what I hate even more is looking back and realizing that it's still good and I haven't improved in however many years. It's soul-crushing D:

Many many posts and I'm sorry, ahaha, I can't be too motivated to criticize at the moment. I'm going through one of my LAZY Periods which happen randomly and spontaneously and just out of nowhere.

Welcome to all the new peoples though, ahaha. May you skip a frip in a jip in... OS lip. I dunno, I just woke up, so that probably explains the incoherantness of this post.

Anyways though, to actually reply to something relevant. I would so totally voice myself in the comic.

And aaah, those were the days, those old days. I was so full of fail. I still am, but slightly less. I can at least see that I've improved somewhat, although I still suck at poses and backgrounds.

ALSO UM. Random Annoying OS Awards Reminder! Has everyone got their personas done up yet?

Well, I'm just waiting to be ABSOLUTELY SURE that everyone's got their personas, ahaha, you make me sound like some sort of totally lazy person who can't be bothered to do an-

Actually, that's true. So nevermind.

Art Month is when you draw a piece of artwork everyday, my dear Pentimento, on December. You've gotta have 30 pieces by the end of the month. And then Awards Night is when like, there's a few categories and people submit their artwork to win awards in these categories. Think like... the Oscars or something like that, OS-style. I'm the host, so that is why Kai says I gotta be bothered to do it. The category is OS Group Pictures though and I can't make any hostings until everyone's got their references or personas, pictures of things that represent them, drawn.

And now for something ACTUALLY productive and to prove I'm not totally lazy, uh. Let's take a look at Ice's Kazu.

I like the colouring once again, has that minty fresh feel to it. The shoulders aren't really too broad though and slope a bit too downwards for the first shot. The second though is excellent and I can't think any critique for it. As for the third, the neck seems a bit thick and the face short, but I like the hair, it's sweetcools.

Oh, well, I've got several references for my representative characters, so no problems there. They don't have to be personas, do they? Persons being the key word?

Back
Top Bottom