• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers

Wait, I entered?
Welp, I guess Affably Evil'll do~
I assumed you had since you posted a link to a trope, but if you don't want to, then that's fine. If that's the case, then RaiCH can join.

RIGHT so, for the time being, we have:
1) Zora
2) Saith (possibly RaiCH)
3) Kai
4) Moonwalker
5) Blastoise
6) Pentimento
7) Mawile
8) Vlad
9) Kat
10) Cheatmaster

along with the following memes:
1) Stalker with a crush
2) Affably evil (possibly whatever trope RaiCH chooses)
3) Did you just punch out Cthulu
4) Badass Princess
5) Tome of Eldritch Lore
6) Black Comedy
7) Attention Deficit
8) Commie nazis
9) Nightmare Fetishist
10) Laser Blade

So, looking at the meme, the couples are:
Zora as a Commie Nazi (oh dear)
Saith (possibly RaiCH) Punching Out Cthulu (oh yes)
Kai as a Nightmare Fetishist . . . (oh VERY dear)
Moonwalker with Black Comedy (that could be interesting)
Blastoise with a Laser Blade (vOv)
Pentimento as Affably evil (or whatever RaiCH chooses)
Mawile as a Stalker with a Crush (could be interesting too)
Vlad as a Badass Princess (i don't need slash goggles to see the ensuing faggotry)
Kat with a Tome of Eldritch Lore (hmm)
Cheatmaster as an Attention Deficit. (hahaha, oh this will be good)

So, how are we going to sort out who's drawing what? Do people want to draw themselves, or their selected trope, or by random selection again, or shall we just say what panel we each want to draw?

Also, I intend to tag anyone in the OS who isn't doing this so you'll all get a chance to do it anyway. :D

Last edited:
I say we put our names into a random generator, and whatever number they come up should be the panel they get to draw.

Also
Commie Nazi Zora and Badass Princess Vlad.
I can't help but think this would be a wonderful TV show.

Mini Moonwalker, the always happy, peppy girl, the person who loves everyone, the person who adores cute and cuddly things, has to draw black comedy?

This is going to freaking rock. <3

Well, I'm not quite sure whether I'm actually participating or not but I'm all for randomising who draws what, I think it'll add to the fun~

How all these match-ups are working out are fantastic by the way. Mainly with Vlad being the badass princess and Zora the commie nazi. Seeing Kai as a nightmare fetishist also sounds highly amusing :)

Well, a majority of people seem to want it to be random, so lets do that. I'll have it all sorted out by the end of today.

Also, looking at the nightmare fetishist article, I can see how it would work for me. Highly gory, bloody crime scene + me being all detective-y. :D

Last edited:
Can I draw myself, though, and maybe all the others would be random?

I have the perfect idea in mind.

lolololo look at what the cat dragged in! Why, it's lazycakes. I'm around guys, I swear.

Really looking forward to the OScars! I've kind of forgotten the rules we decided on in the end but that's what the opening ceremony is for, riiiight? If it still involves groupics then it will be very exciting to see what we get by the end of the event!

Let's see, recent pictures... I see some sonas. Saith, the expression on your persona is quite entertaining, I have to say. The effect you've done on the hair looks quite well done as well. The shoulders are quite a bit wider than the pelvis area so it's a little disproportionate, but the colouring is good and purple makes everything better. :D

Cheatmaster, your sona must have taken you AAAGES it's so detailed and pfft. The shading is really good (the whiter patches give an armour-y feel, though there could be some sharper areas where it's caught the light) and basically the whole design is pretty fantastic. Should be interesting(!) to attempt in groupics, too.

Oh, I would also be very up for an audiobook type thingity. The Spoon-as-narrator thing sounds like it would work, too.

Cheatmaster, your sona must have taken you AAAGES it's so detailed and pfft. The shading is really good (the whiter patches give an armour-y feel, though there could be some sharper areas where it's caught the light) and basically the whole design is pretty fantastic. Should be interesting(!) to attempt in groupics, too.

Sixteen hours spread across seven days.

Yeeaaah I might try to scan my Pichu-Sona again sometime.

And my Persona, once I get around to drawing it, and then I still have my Star Wars sona.....god, I have too many sonas.

You guys have cool sonas... The only ones I've ever really had is a gun toting Houndoom (what) and brainy blob monster that was more of a joke than anything. I need to come up with a new one.

Mini Moonwalker, the always happy, peppy girl, the person who loves everyone, the person who adores cute and cuddly things, has to draw black comedy?
All of the match-ups are cool, but I'm really in love with this one.

I'm just sort of popping in to say that due to the fact that I'm hosting the OScars, I probably won't be actually entering anything or taking part as I believe it would be sort of unfair, so maybe... it would make more sense for me to draw up the trophies instead of Mhalsy. What does everyone think of that?

What is this why is the thread growing like whoa without me?

Just popping in to say that, yes, I am alive. I would post some artstuffs, but since my parents are not exactly happy with the idea of my scanning pictures when I should be studying, I don't have anything to share.

About the really old discussion topic: I do draw traditional art, but I usually don't color them because I'm a lazy bum. I use these really old color pencils (I think the brand name starts with a T and has a few "o"s in it, but I don't remember) to color, and they're really nice. Way better than crayola ones, at least. I usually ink with random inky pens I picked up from the ground and stashed away for inking purposes specifically, and since I don't use them often, I don't run out of ink.

I can't wait for Badass Princess Vlad. That is going to be the bestest picture ever.

And, durr, OScars. Whatever's fine with me, really. Although you're going to have to think up an awesome theme, Arylett!

@Linoone: The theme's already settled! OS group pictures... although... that does give me an... idea... bwahahaharharhar. I won't say it, you guys will see.

I know everyone's probably caught up with schoolwork, OScars, the meme thing and all other stuff, but I kinda need help on one of my recent drawings:

Here (linked because it's kinda massive and I don't want to stretch the page or make anyone have to scroll heaps)

I've tried redrawing it like a zillion times, looked at different references and tutorials, and even attempted to use my dad as a model but I cannot get that hand right at all!
He's meant to look shocked/surprised so I tried to emphasize his expression (because I suck at those) by giving him a little hand gesture, but I can't make it look natural. Would anyone be able to redline for me? Also any crits on the rest of the picture would be greatly appreciated! :)

Well guys, I've used a random number generator and I've got the final list of who's drawing what for this art meme (just got to add a few more references but shhhh). It is as follows.
Zora is drawing Cheatmaster as an Attention Deficit
Saith is drawing Pentimento as Affably evil
Kai is drawing Zora as a Commie Nazi
Moonwalker is drawing Saith Punching Out Cthulu
Blastoise is drawing Moonwalker with Black Comedy
Pentimento is drawing Kat with a Tome of Eldritch Lore
Mawile is drawing herself as a Stalker with a Crush
Vlad is drawing Kai as a Nightmare Fetishist
Kat is drawing Vlad as a Badass Princess
Cheatmaster is drawing Blastoise with a Laser Blade

So, I suppose everyone can get started on their drawings now and-

. . .