• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Platinum Discussion

I is happy. This game will be the bomb. The new Munchlax and Magikarp sprites look so funny.

AND THE GRAPHICS ARE SO MUCH FREAKING COOLER!! :D

EDIT: But the second E4 teams stink. Yes they're higher leveled, but what about other Pokemon? I was hoping that they'd get new Pokemon...

It looks more like a microwave than a toaster to me. How odd.

I'm pretty sure the Rotom is an oven, not a toaster or a microwave. Hence the oven mitt hands. (Because if you regularly need oven mitts when you work with a toaster you are doing it wrong).

When Platinum stuff is allowed in ASB, I am buying a Wash rotom and making a signature move out of that.

Waiting six months for my ASB Cut Rotom is going to be so paaiiinful D: Do it now D:

Also, the game looks good so far. They've taken out some of my pet peeves (surf speed is FINALLY not excruciatingly slow, and I love the endgame high-level opponent options.

\o/

Some of the Battle Frontier facilities just sound... strange... but yay for Battle Factory!

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

PK says Vee has been a dirty boy. :3

More importantly, though, the new move tutors have some effing awesome selections (and, if I'm understanding this correctly, you trade shards for them... hooray, those are nice and common! Hopefully they won't drop the occurrence rate too low in Platinum...). Elemental punches, Outrage, Magnet Rise... yes. Some of the moves are stupid, of course, but then again there are always stupid move tutor moves. Who actually spent BP on Mud-Slap, after all?

(Finally lazy people like me can get Outrage Garchomp without having to breed for it, hahaha. I wonder if Salamence will get it, too...?)

XDDDDD

Regigas was lowered in level. Not to level 50. Not even to level 30

No, it was lowered down to level 1

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'm pretty sure the Rotom is an oven, not a toaster or a microwave. Hence the oven mitt hands. (Because if you regularly need oven mitts when you work with a toaster you are doing it wrong).

Oh, that's what they were. I was sitting there for twenty mitts trying to figure out what those bolts looked like.

I've got mixed opinions about the new sprites. Some are completely awesome (Yanmega, Garchomp, Vespiquen and Ponyta to name a few) but some are just strange (Munchlax, Abomasnow and both forms of Shellos are just plain odd)

Arrrgh Ice Punch Lucario - why? ;_;

I like the Rotom Forms. They're cool.

But I hate Skymin so much, especially now that I've seen it's terrible (as in too good) base stats and ridiculous mix of Serene Grace and two of the moves that abuse it best of all. <_<

Regigigas.png

Made it to commemorate Nintendo's hate for Regigigas :D

They hate Flareon more. They gave each Eeveelution a new attack. What did Flareon get? Lava Plume. Not Flare Blitz, the only thing that could give it any chance of redeeming itself and letting it do what it was actually designed to do. Lava Plume.

...what.

Four whole generations of being bottom of the barrel and they still can't fix the damn thing.

Yeah, that's stupid too. :(

At least Entei got Eruption to work with. And Flareon got Superpower, its new strongest physical move, but that's not saying much

Well, with the birds in Sinnoh, that may explain why they aren't in G/S/C(excluding the whole "you have them in R/B/Y" thing). And they finally ripped the new sprites. :D Now I can get started.

I wonder if Salamence will get it, too...?)
It does.

If you hadn't already picked up on that.

Move tutor moves look like they'll be shaking things up a bit. In that some of them look rather unbalanced (lucarrrio...), but some of the other ones look fun. lol at bounce tutor.

I was confused there for a minute--no idea where you'd heard that--but then I found a partial list so.

Anyway, wtf@Gunk Shot Infernape and Heat Wave Crobat. I think you got them backwards, Nintendo.

On the plus side, I am going to have a lot of fun with this in the near future.

^ That sounds like it'd be a really interesting idea. I try to view the game that way as I'm playing it. x]

Speaking of which, anyone know if the game still has that journal thing? Because that was kind of pointless imo. :[

Should I buy the japanese version of platinum? I can read japanese. I just want to know if you think its worth it.

^ That sounds like it'd be a really interesting idea. I try to view the game that way as I'm playing it. x]

Speaking of which, anyone know if the game still has that journal thing? Because that was kind of pointless imo. :[

Haven't seen it when I start it up, so I guess not. It was kinda dumb tbh.

Should I buy the japanese version of platinum? I can read japanese. I just want to know if you think its worth it.

If you can read Japanese, go for it. I'll wait for the English version. I have no money now. D:

It's amazing that you can get the legendary birds during the game, plus you can get Slowpoke and Pinsir. It will be amazing for me, seeing as I lost my FireRed.

Oh! Oh! Plus you can get Gligar under Cycling Road AND you can evolve it at Route 214.

AND you can get a free Togepi in Eterna.

PLUS you can get a free Eevee from Bebe the first time that you see her.

NOT TO MENTION that you get a free Porygon from some guy.

AS WELL AS THAT now Team Galactic don't have many, if any, useless Wurmple / Silcoon / Cascoon.

I'm excited.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that YOU CAN GET GIBLE AS SOON AS YOU GET TO WAYWARD CAVE!!! No more waiting until the sixth gym!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom