• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Memorial Thread

Dewgong

babababa
Remove this if we weren't suppose to have another one, or if somebody else already did. I looked around.

This thread is for remembering the Pokemon you've lost from accidentally saving a new game, not taking the cartridge out of your pocket before the washing machine etc.

--

Pokemon Crystal. My favorite game of all time. Back when I lived in the old house, I first owned it. I started the game, and decided on Cyndaquill.

I named him Blaster.

He was the most amazing Cyndaquill (Quillava, Typhlosion...) ever. The last time I knew him, he was around level 52. Probably a little higher. I do wish I could remember.

And then we moved. I have no idea what happened to the game after that. He's gone now. My favorite pokemon I've ever raised... good old Blaster, maybe I'll find you some day. Other Cyndaquills (again, Quillavas, Typhlosions...) aren't the same, they don't even compare to you.

Oh, my Suicune and two Rayquaza, I miss you so.

Suicune....basically I tried cloning it in Crystal and failed, then trying to clone a Typhlosion and transforming Suicune into a Typhlosion.

My first Rayquaza I lost while experimenting with the Action Replay. I was exploring with Walk Through Walls and went into the pokecenter to check out the link rooms. I encountered a ? pokemon and had to turn off the game. My game had deleted itself, but mysteriously any pokemon and items in the PC survived, my starter included. Unfortunatly this was not the case with Rayquaza.

My seconded Rayquaza was also lost to the cloning glitch, but this time its the Emerald version. I don't remember exactly what happened, but I think it was turned into a egg that hatched into a Teddiursa with 4 Sketch attacks. I also got a egg that hatched into a Smeargle with 4 Sketch attacks.

Rescuer the Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile, from Ruby.
On my first cartridge, I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I wandered around Littleroot for a while until I finally managed to get to Route 101, where some guy was being attacked by a Poochyena.
After asking me what I was doing and to look in his bag several times that made me want to slap that stupid man in the face, I ended up choosing Treecko. He defeated the Poochyena, and I recieved him as a gift. I named him Rescuer, for how we met.
After a while, I let some stupid football man borrow it, warning him not to delete my save file or he would die. Of course, he was extremely stupid, and erased my game for a Torchic. Not only that, but he made the character a boy.
Needless to say, I never talked to him again, erased his file, and started again. This time it was a lot quicker. Rescuer the Treecko rose again.
This time, he survived long enough for us to get to the Elite Four, where we couldn't defeat Phoebe no matter how hard we tried. I had made all his moves Normal or Fighting moves, but I was a n00b and didn't know what was wrong. I got angry when I couldn't beat her, hit my GameBoy once, and the game file was erased.
I started again, again with Rescuer, and got to the first battle with the Team Magma boss in Mt. Chimney. I tried to beat him for a while, but found it hard with my Grovyle. I got Emerald, and switched to playing that for a while with Rescuer the Mudkip. I was a lot more successful, and have to this date defeated the Elite Four over 60 times on that game, mostly to evolve Pokemon traded from FireRed or LeafGreen to fill up my Pokedex. The next time I bothered to look, Ruby had disappeared without a trace.
R.I.P.

I lost my Kyogre while trying to perfrom the GTS cloning glitch, but I was too lazy to scroll to a really unreasonable Pokemon so I just put the "Wanted Pokemon" as a level 50 or higer Abamasnow. Next thing I know, I turn on my DS and there's an Abamasnow, level 50 of course. I still hate Abamasnow to this day. R.I.P, Kyogre. :(

R.I.P.
Charap the Chatot
2007-2008

R.I.P.
Fuck yes! the Latias
2004-2008, caught in 2007.

I started a new Diamond game. I forgot that they were both in there. I loved the Chatot because he was close to being my second level 100, due to the boosted EXP. from coming from an in-game trade. I loved Latias because I spent three damn years trying to catch that thing, and I can remember the moment when I finally got her.

May they both rest in peace.

SEI BEAUTY, shiny Poochyena.

I had no idea what Shiny Pokémon were, back when I still had my third file on Emerald. She, unfortunately, was deleted when I foolishly restarted.

She can't be replaced, the rare little puppy. Rest in Peace, in the other universe... Sei Beauty.

R.I.P. Twilight and Midnight. My twin Unbreon and Espeon, actually clones. I'm so sorry I killed you guys by leaving my Gameboy Color out in the rain when I was little.. ;_;

R.I.P. Fins, Sapphire, Sky, Sky II, Bobby I, Ri Inu, My Blastoise, Charizard (I thought sapphires were red. xD), two Pidgeots, Parasect, and Jolteon respectively. They're not gone, per se, but as they're on my red game... It's only a matter of time before the save battery gives out. My first team, and they beat the elite four. They were all like level 40, and I was like 5. Same for Ivy, my starter (a Bulbasaur) who I never trained. YOU WILL GET TO EVOLVE SOME DAY.

R.I.P. Bobby III the shiny Wooper, my first shiny. Unfortunately, he was in my ill-fated Gold game.. ;_;

Those pathetic little weirdos from my first Ruby game. Dad saved over it.

Then I decided to name my new file after him. XP

Also to my sister's absolutely epic Pokemon on her Silver game. Retarded heaters.

R.I.P. Fins, Sapphire, Sky, Sky II, Bobby I, Ri Inu, My Blastoise, Charizard (I thought sapphires were red. xD), two Pidgeots, Parasect, and Jolteon respectively. They're not gone, per se, but as they're on my red game... It's only a matter of time before the save battery gives out. My first team, and they beat the elite four. They were all like level 40, and I was like 5. Same for Ivy, my starter (a Bulbasaur) who I never trained. YOU WILL GET TO EVOLVE SOME DAY.

Try finding another Gameboy, then get an old, used copy of Red, Blue, or Yellow. Replace the battery in it and trade them over. Then they will last as long as you keep trading between the games to allow for battery replacements :D

R.I.P. Charizard

I once accidentally knocked out my red version from my gameboy. The file miraculously survived. I then thought that the game wouldn't delete, so I tore it out on purpose to see what would happen

;.; The only copy of Charizard is on the rental team I made on my Stadium that I sold

I had a level 100 feraligatr on Silver, but the battery died, so...that's gone. I don't much miss it anymore, but at the time, I was devisated.

Also, Beau, my shiny marill, who I accidently sent to death when I restarted Sapphire without checking for any valuables beforehand. Gah, you were so cute. T_T

Latias from my Sapphire. She was the embodiment of my love, caught in a mere Poké Ball. But, one day, Sapphire mysteriously vanished.
Not even my current Latias could replace her. She was just... my best friend...
(Also, I had a Shiny Oddish on that Sapphire.)

My first Sneasel, creatively nicknamed SNEASY. Sneasel became my favorite Pokemon immediately after I saw my rival's on Silver version, and remained my favorite for years until I realized how awesome the Poison-type is. Anyway, as soon as I made it to Mt. Silver and caught my own, I was happy as hell.

SNEASY made it to level 80-something before I traded him to my friend so he could beat his Crystal version faster. He'd *promised* to trade him back, but he didn't, of course. We stopped being friends and he became a huge asshole during middle school, so I doubt I ever will see my Sneasel again. :[

^ Poor poor SNEASY in the hands of such a devil. You can never trust anyone fully but yourself. If I ever lent a Pokemon on GSC I'd clone it then send over a copy. Then when I got my original back I'd release my Clone.

Back
Top Bottom