• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rambling about people's signatures thread, apparently.

Sigs are interesting, although some are annoying - with too many adoptable stuff. But I don't really care because I just scroll through them.

I haven't seen many offensive sigs, except for the one right above mine. Now that annoys me. >>

I honestly don't get why there is so much complaining about how most of the sigs are annoying. Honstly it's not really going to help much. I do find the scrolling sigs annoying like so many others, but I like sigs to be honest. They look cool to start with, and yes they do get old after a while, but that doesn't annoy me at all. Sigs are interesting to look at, although I wouldn't mind if people would take out large images, or at least make them smaller. The thing that does thoroughly annoy me about sigs are the people who are purposely trying to make them long. When people do have a scrolling sig, I appreciate the ones that don't scroll very far.

I don't mind the adoptables that much, except when you get people who have like 6+ in their sigs top to tail. D:

I try and keep my sig short without adding too much crap. I keep my dragons there because I like the way they look. (:

I don't mind the adoptables that much, except when you get people who have like 6+ in their sigs top to tail. D:

I try and keep my sig short without adding too much crap. I keep my dragons there because I like the way they look. (:
Why would someone hit the return key after every image, anyway?

I am proud to say that the only reason I joined the bandwagon is because a bunch of the dragons are pretty.

yeah i like it, im updating mine soon, its pretty bad and simple

Sigs are interesting, although some are annoying - with too many adoptable stuff. But I don't really care because I just scroll through them.

I haven't seen many offensive sigs, except for the one right above mine. Now that annoys me. >>

I have a lot of pokemon orphanages, but theyre low down on the page so yo dont have to look at them

Last edited by a moderator:
M'well, I can't say signatures bother me, really. Sometimes I read them, sometimes I don't. Anything that scrolls down a fair bit is rarely anything I waste my time on, unless I happen to be scrolling through the entire page and reaches some signature that lasts for miles, and I can't be bothered to move the pointer XD Then I usually reach the bottom! I really don't care about those dragons or plushies or whatever, unless they go overboard and fill the entire signature and whatnot, in which case I get annoyed. Quotes are perfectly fine, though, but posting ENTIRE LYRICS is a bit too much. Sure, they're probably nice, but I'm not going to read that entire thing; pick one particular line instead. And I actually do find quiz results somewhat interesting ^^

But yes, in the end, an actual signature could look like this:

~ Alexander

Most sigs don't really annoy me, although I do really hate the adoptables, to be honest I don't really see the point in them...

I like my signature how it is. Derrivery might be the funniest thing when I see it the first time ever.

I'll try to get rid of the scrollbar.

Why does everyone care? I mean, would you rather have scroll-bar signatures or have it so that you have to scroll the whole way down just to get to the next post? "Oh boo hoo I'm scrolling down and it scrolls through the scroll bar and it wastes two seconds of my life which is sooo hard!" Really, move the cursor to the right or left and scroll down.

Or, just fucking turn them off. Jeez.

Well, for all the people saying that lots of sigs are samey, too long, just stupid or whatever else, but who feel that they shouldn't have to turn sigs off: what would you want to see in everyone's sigs? What would make them worth seeing over and over again?

Cryssie said:
Well, for all the people saying that lots of sigs are samey, too long, just stupid or whatever else, but who feel that they shouldn't have to turn sigs off: what would you want to see in everyone's sigs? What would make them worth seeing over and over again?

For all the people bitching about people who are bitching about people's signatures, why are you in this thread? xD

To actually reply to your question, I like to see nice banners and song lyrics and stuff. Something that actually tells me about the person. Much unlike mine.

Surskitty said:
I am proud to say that the only reason I joined the bandwagon is because a bunch of the dragons are pretty.

That was my reasoning too. (:

I find it ironic that a lot of the people who switch off sigs actually have fairly large signatures of their own.

Oh guys, your life is so hard
ooh

looks like... oh, we're in misc. disc., not the bloody cc.

this topic is too petty for the cc, so we're voicing a legitimate annoyance IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE

:D

Or, just fucking turn them off. Jeez.
No. Some people, such as Butterfree or Kratos Aurion actually have interesting sigs that are worth reading now and then. I'm not switching sigs off just so that you can enjoy your wankery of a signature in peace.

I've never had a sig larger than a reasonably-sized banner and perhaps even a quote! And by certain forum standards, that's obscenely large and in fact impossible (since many forums don't even allow images in sigs). I don't see why anyone else needs fourteen banners, twenty quotes and a whole bloody legion of dragon eggs.

Also, copypasta sigs irritate me. Sig fads can be funny sometimes, but "I don't smoke pot and you shouldn't either" repeated hundred-fold are just lame.

I will never understand why people feel the need to have a million of those little dragons or whatever other adoptables in their signature at once. Giant text in colours that make blood gush out of your eyeballs and cause you to scream like a banshee in terror are also a major put-off. Another thing are images with all of those white dots around the edges because they're some lame transparent .gif. If it isn't animated, please use .png for transparency so it doesn't make those ugly white dots appear on the edges.

I usually just have a banner, a link or two and maybe a line of random text, with all of the text in a small sized font. Sometimes I do colours, and when I do I make sure they match and aren't something horribly contrasting.

But yeah, I prefer not to have a very messy and/or busy signature.

Back
Top Bottom