• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rift in the Dimensions

Link watched Geralt for a bit, trying to keep a straight face as he started drinking from yet another bottle of wine.
"How much alcohol have you consumed in the past hour? That really can't be healthy.."
Meanwhile, Chell started to get bored and sat down behind a pillar, staring vacantly into space.

Geralt laughed at what Link said, "A side effect of the mutagens they forced me to ingest as a child is that I, like every other witcher, can hold far more alcohol than most normal people. I've out-drank dwarves before, if that helps you visualize it."
Geralt's expression then soured, "I suppose it's the only real upside to that... Otherwise it's a path with a lot of downs and not so many ups. But I suppose somebody has to protect innocent villagers from the world's monsters."
He took another big drink, and everything slowly gained a fuzzy edge to it.
"Out drank a dwarf?!", Taunos asked in amazement.
"Yeah, I'm usually on the verge of passing out at the end of that...", Geralt replied, "but somehow they back down before then."

((In The Witcher PC game, it takes 2 bottles to start getting double vision, 3 to start stumbling, and 6 to pass out. =D))

Sonic took the wine enthusiastically and took a sip, surprised at how good it tasted. "Thanks..." he said as he handed the bottle back to Geralt.

Tails looked at him oddly. "You know you're not old enough to drink!" Sonic looked at him, equally oddly.

"Tails, we just took down a God of Time, do you really think it matters at this point? Besides, it was just a sip. I still need enough coordination to run..." It's not even the first time I've drank...

<<EXCUSE ME, I'M WHAT?!>>

This odd psychic transmission was much, much stronger than either Giratina's or Palkia's had been. It seemed to come from...upwards.

((Wow, Sonic drinking. Never thought I'd write that. Well, that's why I love crossovers. :3))

((You know, I too was imagining that. It didn't quite work out in my mind, but that's why we're here. =D))

Taunos heard a loud, booming voice from inside his head. He knew what it was, but not from whom it could've come from.
"Hear that?", Geralt asked.
"Yes.", Taunos replied, "Wait a second... It's not that third great being they mentioned, is it?"

This whole scene was too strange. Link snickered, trying as hard as possible not to burst out laughing.
"And that is why you don't insult deities. Was that Arce.. whoever?!"

((Bah. He's not only a teenager, but a drifter and firmly in the Chaotic Good alignment. I deem it in-character. >:D))

"Thanks," Taiko said. Then a loud, booming voice erupted in his head. "Wha wha...?"
"I heard that too," Blaze mumbled, then looked at the sky. "But who is it?"

"That was... abnormal."

"Abnormal. Illogical. Unusual. Impossible. Call it what you will, Bonecrusher, but it seems that we've just heard this dimension's Primus."

"How can these dimensions have multiple deities if they are all linked together by that plain area?"

"Perhaps whoever created the plain created all of the deities to govern their respective dimensions. Or maybe the deities collaborated to create the plain as a failsafe."

"Fascinating."

"Indeed."

From the center of the massive platform came a glowing silver staircase that's top was obscured by dark clouds. A figure gently stepped down the stairs, another great beast that slightly resembled a horse. When it was halfway down, it simply leaped off, falling slowly and landing on its small, dainty feet. Closer up, it seemed far more graceful than the other gods the group had met in this world...and far more powerful.

<<WELL, IF CREATING THE UNIVERSE WAS TOO LITTLE OF A CONTRIBUTION FOR YOU, I COULD JUST GO AHEAD AND UNDO IT ALL. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO ME...>> Arceus said, in a haughty, yet slightly joking voice. She threw her head to the side. <<WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM? IT BETTER BE IMPORTANT, AND NOT JUST ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE INTERDIMENSIONAL TOURNAMENTS...>>

((Hee hee Brawl reference. :3))

Geralt laughed a little, "It's important from what they tell me.", he said.
"Yes. Interdimensional decay, so it would seem.", Taunos said to Arceus, "We don't know anything about it, except that it's consuming realms."

((;_; I really need to post more.))

"I-it's very important, erm, Arceus..." Torchic stuttered. She had met plenty of legendary Pokemon in her travels, but never Arceus herself! Her stutter was worse than usual.

Interdimensional tournaments?! Interdimensional tournaments?!? Galacta Knight, in his head of course, completely lost it. How could they be holding these tournaments without him?! He decided to think about that later. There were much more important matters to deal with at the moment.

"I would rather you didn't joke about undoing the universe. It's quite a tempting offer." He remarked in rather a snarky tone. "But as they have already said, something is consuming the dimensions. And, assuming you are as omnipotent as you claim, it's probably your fault. Or the fault of one of your deity friends."

"I want to know the cause of the decay," Cirrus lamented, her ears drooping. "Infern Isle has been worse than ever, and even Domus Isle isn't safe anymore... I've heard there's a small extension where there are powerful monsters that might one day destroy the humans on the island." Her golden eyes narrowed with sadness.

Barrolk, again, tipped his sword to the ground and leaned on it, looking solemnly down at Cirrus. "If this continues, I won't be able to train on metal king slimes anymore..."

He stood up confidently, holding his blade like a cockateer should. "But that's why we're here. We're trying to pinpoint the source of the decay and destroy it to restore the land and fix what's being broken.

<<MY FAULT?>> Arceus laughed, <<I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER EVER LEAVING THIS DIMENSION, LET ALONE CAUSING SETTING OFF INTERDIMENSIONAL CHAOS.>>

<<DO YOU REMEMBER DOING ANYTHING EVER?>> Palkia muttered. Arceus glared daggers at him, but did nothing as she faced the rest of the group.

<<AS PALKIA SO HELPFULLY POINTED OUT, I PREFER NOT TO MEDDLE IN THE AFFAIRS OF MY CREATIONS...>> she flicked her head again, <<BUT THIS CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE A THREAT, DOESN'T IT? STILL, WHERE 'S YOUR PROOF THAT YOU'RE NOT JUST WASTING MY TIME?>>

((I like my pokegods the way I like my Greek gods: with character flaws so they're not just generic divine figureheads. :D Arcues is kind of dense and haughty, but also extremely powerful.))

Taunos nodded at Arceus, "Hmm, perhaps we should head back to a mortal realm and let you see for yourself how things are going."
Geralt snorted and told Arceus, "How about the fact that we had to fight and pacify one of your fellow 'gods'?"

Valkyrie looked closer at Arceus, and stepped back. If this was an avatar of the One, she'd just stay back and let the manual record, unless she wanted to be known forever as an idiot.
((Lame explanation for me not being here a lot >_>))

For some reason, this was making Link annoyed. Gods were supposed to know everything!
"Why don't you alre-"
But maybe they were different here, or something. In which case, he should probably shut up.
"Uh, why would we all come here and waste everyone's time, plus beating up Dialga if it wasn't extremely important? It's a bit too big a thing to joke about."

<<DIALGA? YOU'RE SAYING YOU FOUGHT HIM? IS HE HER->> she finally noticed the fallen, barely breathing form of Dialga. <<HIS SKIN IS DIFFERENT. WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM?!>>

"That's not all..." Tails said, "Look at his face."

Arceus bent down to peer at his distorted, cycloptic face and inwardly winced, trying not to show it on the outside. <<THE DECAY...THE DECAY CAUSED THIS TO HAPPEN? W-WHAT ELSE HAS HAPPENED?>>

"That's what we want to know, great one.", Taunos said, "A visit to the land they call 'Kanto' shows the same affliction hitting the local creatures."

<<KANTO...KANTO'S BEEN AFFECTED BY THIS PLAGUE? I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN ALL MY DAYS...BUT CAN WE EVEN TURN BACK THE DAMAGE OF THIS DECAY?>>

<<THERE IS ONE WAY TO FIND OUT...>> Palkia answered, turning to the fallen Dialga. <<IF WE CAN SOMEHOW USE OUR POWERS TO CURE DIALGA, WE CAN NOT ONLY GAIN HIS HELP, BUT ALSO LEARN THAT WE CAN CURE THIS DISEASE AND SAVE THIS WORLD FROM FURTHER HARM.>> He nodded at the group and stepped closer to Dialga, <<YOU ALL MAY WANT TO BRACE YOURSELVES...>> Palkia began to glow a bright pink.

Sonic and Tails prepared themselves, but nothing could compare to the inexplicable...something that was happening. It was as if all the laws of physics had simply quit working. Up was down, black was white, direction and perspective had no meaning. The only thing they could make out was the glowing silhouette of Palkia, straining against the force that had overtaken Dialga.

Back
Top Bottom