• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rift in the Dimensions

Bentley followed everyone immediantly. Sly didn't like the open bridge, but it wasn't like he had a choice. He followed Bentley, a little upset that he was walking in the middle of a bridge in broad daylight. He could've sworn that Link was trying to keep a straight face at his description of Murray. Pull that on Murray and he'll punch you in the face... Being the strongest person I know, that would break his nose easily.

(*has missed a lot* Aw crap... >.<)

Ibiku sat down and watched everybody gather and talk. They had all discovered that the voices belonged to two creatures of unknown origin. One seemed like a stealthy zigzagoon and the other a squirtle in a wheelchair. These new arival were getting wierder by the second...
To drive the point home a manic human female in a jumpsuit crashed into "Sly" as Ibiku had heard him called. She kept screaming and Ibiku smelled the pungant tang of fresh blood. She drooled, her being a carnavore and looked at the girls bleeding feet. She carried a gun with her. Ibiku deemed it useless as she watched Link get shot by it and end up okay. She liked this human though, she seemed quirky and entertaining.
Ibiku sat up as she noticed that the group was begining to continue it's quest. She walked to the side of the bleeding girl.
"Hi there!" Ibiku greeted happily, "Your new? What's your name? Why do you have a gun?"

"Indeed I am.", Taunos said. He walked over to the woman in orange, pointed his hand at his feet, and channelled an elemental spirit. A gentle yellow-white wave rode from his hand to the woman's feet, causing the bleeding to stop nearly instantly and the skin to rapidly repair itself.
"There.", Taunos said to her, also handing the woman a vial filled with a red potion, "This potion should do the trick in the future, my spiritual energy isn't endless, after all. Anyway, what is your name?"

Chell yelped in surprise and awkwardly tried to look at the bottoms of her feet, which were now completely healed. After nearly falling over several times, she put the glass bottle in her pocket. She didn't answer Taunos or Ibiku for a while, as if having multiple people talking at once confused her for some odd reason.
"Chell. Um.. not a gun. She gave it to me for the experiments."

Link had to laugh. The definitely crazy vs the slightly goofy and very hyper. This had to be good.

Tails couldn't help but smile a bit to himself. She seems to have a few screws loose, but at least she's away from...wherever she was. And her feet are better.

As the odd group reached the end of the bridge, Sonic, who despite dialing back his normal pace was still a good deal ahead of everyone else, noticed that there was still a stretch of land to go before the city. He also noticed several humans standing in a strange sort of alignment. Two of them were even facing each other, gesturing. In between them there were two...pokemon, were they called? Yeah, pokemon, who looked like they were fighting.

"Hey, we've got some people up here," Sonic yelled to the others.

((I probably won't be allowed on for the next week. My grandma is paranoid about computor Viruses))
---
Sly looked ahead, thinking, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!! When Bentley caught up, he observed the situation carefuly.
"It seems as though they've engaged in friendly com-"
"Yeah, yeah, Bentley, we get it. Now pipe it down, I'm trying to watch."

"It's a Pokémon battle," Bara and Sand both said. "Pokémon trainers, like myself, raise Pokémon to engage in friendly battles. Or slowly kill off a gang," Sand added. Bara glared at him and he just rolled his eyes. "It's true."

Great, more normal humans, Vai thought with a wince. So no flying. Unless flying humans are normal here too.
"A battle?" She glared at Sly, before looking away nonchalantly. "Speaking of battles... Oh whatever. Let's keep moving." Not looking back, she walked ahead and around the battle, nodding to the people. Vai looked back at the others impatiently. "Don't even see what's so special about a small fight," she muttered.

((Mewtwo: We're past the bridge now and at the stretch of land before Fuchsia. We've encountered trainers and deciding what to do))

Last edited:
"Pokemon Trainers? Raise Pokemon? You mean... humans train Pokemon for battle? But why?" Torchic inquired. All this talk of "Pokemon Trainers" had her confused and even a little worried. Chikorita continued to watch the battle with interest.

It looks like the kind of battles we have at home... only the humans are giving the commands. Those Trainers look awful serious about their fight. They don't even notice us standing right here! she thought as she studied how the battling was done.

Vai grinned at Sly. "If you want violence..." She snorted. "If you want violence come get it."

Taunos watched the battle with a passing curiosity. It struck him as not being too far off from blood sport, but he was never one to raise a fuss.
"As intriguing as it might be, I'm going to have to agree with Vai. We should keep moving towards our destination.", Taunos said.

Tycub bounded in front of Sand. "I'll help you! I've always wondered what it was like to be in a friendly Pokemon battle, and not fighting over food..."

"Umm... That's nice and all, but I already have six Pokémon. Besides, those two are battling. We shouldn't bother them," Sand said. "So what are you all doing?"

"Tracking the destruction of the world," Bara replied. "You should join us."

"I have things I'm doing here." Bara stopped and looked him in the eye.

"Sand Kentai, what more important? The universe or your grudge?"

"Team Rocket ruined my life and took away my ability to fit in."

"They would disagree with you. They would think that saving the universe would be more important then trying to fight something that happened to you before you were born." Sand looked at his feet.

"I'll think about it..." he said quietly.

"Aww... Allright then. And why is the limit six? I just wanted to experience a Trainer battle, not really become your Pokemon..."

((But Taiko actually does in the end XD If it's allright with you, Ketsu))

Ibiku looked at Chell quizicly, "Experiments? Were you a guinie pig at one point?" She began to lean on Chell to cheer her up. Whatever had experimented on her had maliciose intents, how awful.

Vai glared at the others. "CAN WE MOVE ALREADY?" She yelled. "THIS STUPID BATTLE HAS NO ENTERTAINMENT VALUE!" She smirked at one of the people commanding the Pokemon. Oh yeah, I just did.

((I was under the assumption that we were still moving, but eh.))

The trainer heard Vai's shouting, and turned his head away from the battle. Unfortunately for him, the opponent's pokemon, an small, spherical seal-looking thing, shot an ice ball, which his pokemon, a sort of red lizard-like creature with a flame on its tail, expertly dodged. The ice ball beaned the trainer right on the back of his head.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" His opponent ran up to him. The boy waved at her, showing he was okay. Sonic used this opportunity to slip past the two, and waved for the others to follow. "There's a path a bit north that we can get past most of them by."

Back
Top Bottom