• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rift in the Dimensions

"I think it's very entertaining. And interesting." Chikorita remarked, slightly annoyed at Vai. Torchic sighed. "She's right. We really should move on."

((Y'know, it's a little discouraging when not only are your attacks are looked over by the DM, but you've been ignored twice in a row by the same typist when speaking to their characters.))

Vai had to hold in a laugh. If the humans in this world couldn't take a ball of ice to the head.. Well, Sly got his second-rate violence.
"There. A path north... well, nowhere else to go, really. I'll race you, Sonic!"
((Kinda stupid, but can we go to Victoria Island next? :D Maple Story.))

((Oh, geez, I'm really sorry about that. (Not sarcasm) There's just so much going on, and I'm sorry you seem to have gotten the shaft. I'll be more careful in the future. :D

Also, sorry Dragon, but I have it planned that we're going to Azeroth next, but we can go to Victoria Island third. :D))

Tails turned to the two small pokemon.

"So...you're not aware of these competitions, even though you're from the same world?"

Last edited:
((S'alright. I wasn't trying to make a big deal of it or anything. Mistakes happen.))

"Well, I guess our world is kind of split in two. Our half doesn't have humans, or so it was commonly thought." Torchic faced Tails. "It turns out that my friend Chikorita, the one standing beside me here, was a former human and supposedly the only one from our land. That is, before she was transformed by an evil Pokemon called Darkrai while traveling through time. But unfortunately, Chikorita had no memory of this due to amnesia until she found out later. I can explain some other time." she said as she began to moved away from the Trainers. Chikorita followed suit.

((Rather major PMD2 spoilers in this one.))

Sly shook his head at Vai. Uninteresting... Huh! She deosn't realize that senseless violence, no matter how stupid, entertains a lot of guys. Sly followed the others. As sson as he was off the bridge, he moved a bit closer to the tree line. Bentley continued rolling by, moving faster than most would think possible. Of course, Bentley caught up with Tails. He didn't want to talk, really, he just enjoyed being near those who were intectually equal or superior.

Taunos saw where Sonic was and followed him.
He asked nobody in particular, "So, what is the city we're headed to like?"

((Yay, we get to fight centaurs and such. I hope. Hope you've done your homework on it in any case. =P

Or I could semi-lead for that segment.))

Chell shrugged and said softly,
"..Yes."
Link watched the Pokemon battle with some interest. That little lizard creature sort of looked like a dragon hatchling. It did seem a little strange to have people make these tiny creatures fight instead of doing so themselves, but it was apparently normal here.
Chell and Ibiku were talking, and both actually sounded normal. A good sign. He left with the rest of the group, and Chell immediately followed.

((If people want to semi-lead for there segments, that'd be fine. Especially for worlds I know nothing about. Like WOW and Maple Story, for example. ._.))

Sonic's ears pricked up at the thought of a race.

"You really sure you want to follow up on that challenge?" he said.

Vai grinned.
"Haven't gotten the chance to seriously race against someone," she admitted. "Let's say.. first to that town. If you can run a bit faster than you did before, that is," Vai challenged.
((She has no idea >:3))

Ibiku noticed pain and saddness in Chells voice when she answered. The blue wolf was begining to feel sad herself. To cure this she attempted to play with Chell by nipping her ankles and bouncing around her with a stupid grin on her face.
Ibiku glanced at a nearby pokemon battle and froze.
Her body began to morph in an all to familure way. She melted and lost her form untill she looked like a shimmering blue puddle. She lay in that state for a second untill her body quickly reformed to look like the small flame-tailed lizard on the bridge.
"Aw crap." Ibiku grumbled with a puff of soot, "I still wanted to keep this a secret... I guess theres no way I can hide it now though."
Ibiku sat down and began to play with the flame on her scaly tail.

Sonic grinned widely.

"You have no idea what you're getting in to. Ready? Set? Go!"

He revved up and powered forward at his full speed. The air around him quivered as soon he was nothing more than a vague, blue blur.

Vai flew into the air a split second after Sonic. Now, a serious chance to use Haste at full power..
While she flew, Vai drew the symbol in the air with an extra stroke, and her speed was doubled tenfold. She could see Sonic about five meters ahead now.. She still had to fly, keep moving. Haste wouldn't do everything for her.

Sonic looked slightly behind him. Woah, what?! How'd she get so close? Oh, well...

He powered himself just a little bit more. CRACK! It was as if the atmosphere around him shattered. Heh, been a long time since I've gone this fast...

Vai grinned to herself, and pushed herself a bit harder. She angled up a bit, almost in the clouds, before pointing herself down, at the gatehouse type thing in front of the city.
((The city's Celadon, righ'? Haven't played Yellow or Leaf Green since.. a while ago.))

((It's Fuchsia.))

Trying for a dive, huh? Well...

Sonic ran right up the side of the gatehouse, across the roof and down the other wall and darted into the city.

((TPBBBT-))
Vai dived down, and pulled up a meter above the ground, landing rather messily. She brushed herself off and quickly got to her feet, deciding to run.

Sonic flipped around and stuck his tongue out at Vai teasingly at her messy landing. He turned back around...to find himself facing a building.

SCREEEE!

He screeched to a halt and laughed. "Looks like I win. Told ya you shouldn't have challenged me!" He sounded a little cocky, but good-natured.

Tails came rushing in behind, panting. He looked around. Something wasn't right....

The people...there were people, but they were frozen in place.

Vai grinned.
"Well, I haven't gone full speed for a year," she argued. "Close, though." She looked at the town. The people didn't seem to be moving, but it could be because she was still using Haste. But, they would just move slowly... Vai drew the same symbol in the air, backwards. No, they were frozen or something.
"Uh, what?"

Taunos ambled off after the two, who streaked off into the distance. After a moment, he was at a building, and behind it was the city itself, leading him to conclude it was a sort of gate. Walking in, he noted the guards seemed to be frozen in time. He walked out the other end and saw, Sonic, Tails, and Vai. And many humans, also frozen in time.
"A strange affliction has come across the land, alright.", Taunos said.

Back
Top Bottom