• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Roar of Time style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? What do you mean by "black boxes under everyone's avatar"? The alt2 background fades downwards to black; you might just be seeing the top of the next cell in the postbit.

I know that, but it doesn't fade downward for me. It just turns black all of a sudden.

Not too bad. The "wavy" background that shows up in the quick reply box kinda weirded my eyes out for a second, but not too bad, really. I wouldn't have minded just solid black, however. Still, I do quite like this style compared to Dewgong and Axe-murderer, though. And perhaps even the default.

Oh, and perhaps a question you can answer when you feel like it: Which old styles are you planning on bringing back?

I know that, but it doesn't fade downward for me. It just turns black all of a sudden.
Are you using the horizontal postbit? Then it's supposed to be that way. The bottom cell, with the post, has no background image at all.

Not too bad. The "wavy" background that shows up in the quick reply box kinda weirded my eyes out for a second, but not too bad, really. I wouldn't have minded just solid black, however. Still, I do quite like this style compared to Dewgong and Axe-murderer, though. And perhaps even the default.

Oh, and perhaps a question you can answer when you feel like it: Which old styles are you planning on bringing back?
All of them. The whole point is that all the main site styles should also be on the forums.

EDIT: Made the textarea background the darker version of the background image.

Well, then I have no idea how that could possibly happen, because the fact is that the background image does fade to black.

Eh, no more complaining. Not like I didn't like it in the first place. It's a good skin, Butterfree; I like it. It's just a little intense with the colors and borders and whatever. But eh. Skins are skins; I can change back if I wanted to.

Guys, the wavy background in the reply box will go away if you use WYSIWYG mode. Although I personally think it looks cool. :3

Some suggestions maybe?

The color scheme is a lot better than the Shiny Umbreon style in my opinion (all the saturated colors in the older style made me feel "suffocated" in a way) but I think the ripple pattern is overused. Maybe use gradients in the Quick Links toolbar (the one with the UCP, FAQ, Members List, etc.) so the BG doesn't clash with the image that's already used in the little user info box above it? Also on the Quick Links area, the BG doesn't repeat smoothly either, so that's another reason to replace the image.

Also, I think the background of the tables should be slightly lighter than the background of the body (so basically really dark gray), to make them pop out slightly. It looks too monotone and similar right now.

And when someone makes a short post with no avatar, the side column with all the user info and stuff (I'm using the two-column viewing style) it looks kinda weird without the gradual fade to black, but I suppose it can't be helped.

Still looks cool in my opinion.

EDIT: After seeing the Forum Index with this, I would also definitely suggest you change the forum headers (like Quick Reply, Important, Newbies) to gradients as well. The ripple image is just clashing together and needs a little variety.

eh I like the color scheme but I don't like these wavy images all over. :| Still, it's a nice change.

Oh, cool, the pattern's in quick reply, too! :D

Wow, well done on this, it's fantastic. =D
Thanks, Butterfree!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom