• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sexual Orientation

Hmmmmm!?

• Homosexual/gay

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Heterosexual/straight

Votes: 71 51.4%
  • Bisexual/Pansexual

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Asexual

Votes: 16 11.6%

• Total voters
Belle is a token princess character and she's still completely capable of elbowing Xaldin when he tries to kidnap her, yet Kairi can't do anything about Axel? Skinny McSkinnyskinny? Axel is one of the weaker OXIII members, and yet Kairi is apparently incapable of introducing him to her elbow and running away.

And do me a favour and come up with one good reason why she couldn't participate in the final battle sequence of KHII. She has a keyblade. Everyone else with a keyblade participated! She helped in one fight, and while she got in over her head, she was low-level and in an end-game area. There's no reason she couldn't have helped at least a bit in The World That Never Was. It wouldn't even have been the first time Sora had someone completely unskilled in his party! re: Mulan

I only rented KH and didn't get to play it all the way through (And haven't played KH2 at all, actually), so I can't really claim to know everything that happened. But I don't see any reason why she couldn't have helped (aside from that the developers - for some reason - decided that she shouldn't), especially given what you've posted there. I'm going to go back to Zelda for a minute, 'cause I actually sort of know those games. In Ocarina of Time, I remember Zelda just standing there while you fight the big epic final fight. She didn't do anything. In Twilight Princess, Zelda does redeem herself and help you a little bit against Ganondorf in the last little bit of the game, but she did nothing at all in OOT. I know SSB isn't canon, but I think it shows that Nintendo invisions both her and Shiek as at least being somewhat capable of combat. It couldn't have been a Shiek from another game, because I'm pretty sure there only was the one in OOT. So why didn't Zelda do anything? It's the same idea. We just don't know.

Again, I don't know much about KH, but with the Zelda example again, looking at everything Ganondorf/Ganon is capable of, running probably wouldn't do a whole lot of good. I also don't know why Kairi wouldn't have tried to run - If she couldn't/wouldnt fight, then it's probably the logical thing to do after all. And since it sounds like Belle was able to fight back, I see no reason why Kairi couldn't besides it being part of a plot device. Which I think is where this discussion came from - Females are often basically portrayed as being either a vagina-with-attached-person, helpless for the sake of a plot device, or both. The answer to the first one is obvious - Sex sells, and people make video games to make money. With regards to the plot device thing, that's because the developers seem to like that as well. As for why that is, I don't think there's any way for us to know. Maybe because people are familiar with it. Believe it or not surskoots, I don't have all the answers.

Do you really want the pissing-organ anywhere near your general mouth area?...

People throw up out of their mouths, but I doubt too many people here would have a problem with kissing. If the person had just lost their lunch, then yeah I can see it being gross, but typically a person would keep their mouth vomit-free, right? If you still don't like the idea of oral sex, that's up to you. There's such a thing as personal preference, after all. But the point here is that just because you pee out of it doesn't mean it's going to be unclean.

...and this is coming from somebody who doesn't care if he ever actually has sex or not.

People throw up out of their mouths, but I doubt too many people here would have a problem with kissing.
I once read in a newspaper that some girl bit off her boyfriend's bottom lip while they were kissing.

Therefore I have a problem with kissing. In fact I'm bloody glad I'll never get to kiss anyone. ^-^

I'm so happy. I've managed to single handedly destroy any prospect of a sex life anyone reading this topic will ever have ^-^ If I'm not gonna have one I'm dragging you all down with me...

I've also turned this topic from a mild topic about sexual preference to an extremely mature one describing three sexual acts...

I'm still a randy sod, you fail

edit: wait
Foxhog, you thought girls peed from their vaginas? lmfao

Really? Well, what else have you got down there then?...
... a urethra?
[words]
Which I think is where this discussion came from - Females are often basically portrayed as being either a vagina-with-attached-person, helpless for the sake of a plot device, or both. The answer to the first one is obvious - Sex sells, and people make video games to make money. With regards to the plot device thing, that's because the developers seem to like that as well. As for why that is, I don't think there's any way for us to know. Maybe because people are familiar with it. Believe it or not surskoots, I don't have all the answers.
It probably has a lot to do with most writers being male. And apparently sexist. Ugh. Which then leads to fandom hating female characters because they are either MARY SUES OMG or plot devices. The latter tends to make more sense than the former, given that the former usually has something to do with girls not wanting there to be other girls in the picture when they are trying to mentally woo people. (in other words, teenage girls are often DUMBER THAN ROCKS. In a similar manner to teenage boys, even!)

Susan from Narnia was a strong female character who kicked ass but uh she became an atheist and NEVER WENT BACK TO NARNIA EVER so I guess she might not count.

but she kicked ass whilst she was in Narnia.

I'm so happy. I've managed to single handedly destroy any prospect of a sex life anyone reading this topic will ever have ^-^ If I'm not gonna have one I'm dragging you all down with me...

But blowjobs are still hot. :(

Have you ever paid attention in health class?

Haha, I skipped all our sex ed lessons because I couldn't imagine anything worse than our 60-something-year-old male tutor trying to tell us how het sex works and making us put condoms on test tubes or whatever the hell else they did DX

Back
Top Bottom