• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The 2012 Metronome Contest

Okay so I know that body mods don't have any effect on this, but what about, say, appearances caused by a body mod? I would imagine those are okay.

ETA: also what would moonlight do? Would the roof open, or can I request a light that is just looking like the moon to use it?

Could I be able to request some fog to envelope my Pokemon (not the others, just my Pokemon) before the round starts?

Okay so I know that body mods don't have any effect on this, but what about, say, appearances caused by a body mod? I would imagine those are okay.

ETA: also what would moonlight do? Would the roof open, or can I request a light that is just looking like the moon to use it?
Appearances are part of an appeal, too. For the intents and purposes of a contest, the body mods are just not there.

I guess I'd be fine with the roof opening, specially considering there are other moves that would need that.

Do we post our appeals in our respective bracket threads?
Yes.

Could I be able to request some fog to envelope my Pokemon (not the others, just my Pokemon) before the round starts?
A proper fog, no; a thin carbon ice haze, though, would be more acceptable.

How deep is the pool of water one can request?
Deep enough to handle any Pokémon that isn't exceptionally large. Wailmer-sized, I guess.

For the purposes of Dragon Rage, can I have lava (or water)?
Lava, no; for water, though, you can have the pool open.

Can a pokémon start out at/on the ceiling if it could reasonably stay there?

Can I get a panel/wall/elevationbit/something in addition to a dummy as part of the stage or something, or would that count as a separate item? Requested stage modifications (pool, etc) don't count toward the one-prop limit, right?

Would an object that just so happens to be made of something that conducts electricity fall under "too elaborate"?

Can a pokémon start out at/on the ceiling if it could reasonably stay there?

Can I get a panel/wall/elevationbit/something in addition to a dummy as part of the stage or something, or would that count as a separate item? Requested stage modifications (pool, etc) don't count toward the one-prop limit, right?

Would an object that just so happens to be made of something that conducts electricity fall under "too elaborate"?
If they could reasonably make it there and stay there, they can start up there.

I don't find this very permissible, prop limit or no; outright stage modifications are usually left for when a move requires them.

Nope.

Could we get dry-ice smoke machines?
Yes.

Would Cosmic Power involve opening the roof?
Not necessarily.

Could I use two moves instead of three for my appeal?
You only absolutely need to use one of the moves dealt -- you can spend the other actions repeating moves or even doing non-move actions. In fact, Meursault managed to get a passing grade on the last contest's first round using nothing but Ice Shard.

What would the Rock Blast rocks be made of?
Chunks of the wall, most likely.

Back
Top Bottom