• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Average TCoDer

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
This is not an insult in any way - it's just a light-hearted satire of the forum.

---

I'd like you to meet Taylor Codd, or T. Codd for short.

He is 16 years old, and is from Largeish City, English-Speaking Country, which is less than an hour from Larger City, English-Speaking Country.

He has an aversion to Facebook, Myspace, and similar sites.

His political viewpoint is highly liberal, and tells his parents to vote for the liberal (or more liberal) candidate in any election.

He has a B+ average in school, except for a D in Elective Credit-Earning Subject.

He is an avid supporter of LGBT rights.

He is an atheist and will always be one. (thanks to ultraviolet for this one)

His favorite music consists of obscure metal bands from Europe, progressive metal, and some classic rock/metal, J-pop, and video game music. He dislikes rap, teen-pop, nu-metal, DragonForce, and most of all, he despises hair metal.

He doesn't care about profanity and has been known to drop F-bombs here and there.

He owns an ASB account here, which he uses, but infrequently.

He wants Mafia back.

He hates 4chan with a passion.

His favorite mangas/animes are Naruto, Bleach, and other shonen, with some shojo. However, he hates the Pokemon anime, with the notable exception of the first two seasons.

His favorite video game series are Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon. He prefers Rock Band to Guitar Hero, which he liked but finds lame now. His favorite gaming console is the XBox 360, followed by the Wii, as he hates the PS3.

His least favorite Pokemon are Tentacool and Zubat.

He entered the Wi-Fi League, but never joined any tournaments.

He EV trains his team.

And finally, he thinks GSC was the best generation and is thrilled for the remakes.

---

So, what do you think? If anyone thinks this is inappropriate, I'll delete it right away.

Last edited:
I think there's a fair portion of people here who rarely actually play the games anymore. I think the general dislike of religion would also be worth a mention.

hoshit that's my first initial

He is 16 years old, and is from Largeish City, English-Speaking Country, which is less than an hour from Larger City, English-Speaking Country.
well, strictly speaking I'm IN Larger City, but otherwise correct

Facebook is good for stuff I guess?

His political viewpoint is highly liberal, and tells his parents to vote for the liberal (or more liberal) candidate in any election.
hell yeah

NICK CLEGG '09, FUCKERS

He has a B+ average in school, except for a D in Elective Credit-Earning Subject.
nu-uh, man

i prefer As and A*s and i have no idea what an Elective Credit-Earning Subject is

yup

aye

His favorite music consists of obscure metal bands from Europe, progressive metal, and some classic rock/metal, J-pop, and video game music. He dislikes rap, teen-pop, nu-metal, DragonForce, and most of all, he despises hair metal.
needs moar indie but otherwise good

He doesn't care about profanity and has been known to drop F-bombs here and there.
fuck yeah

whats a ASB

He wants Mafia back.
whats a Mafia

>:(

His favorite mangas/animes are Naruto, Bleach, and other shonen, with some shojo. However, he hates the Pokemon anime, with the notable exception of the first two seasons.
ew naruto

needs moar Code Geass

His favorite video game series are Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon. He prefers Rock Band to Guitar Hero, which he liked but finds lame now. His favorite gaming console is the XBox 360, followed by the Wii, as he hates the PS3.
needs moar Fire Emblem

also, other way round - favourite is Wii, then XBox, then PS3

hell yeah

bidoof is nothing compared to these wankers

yup

He EV trains his team.
sometimes do, not any more - casualfag

And finally, he thinks GSC was the best generation and is thrilled for the remakes.
hell yeah

This is not an insult in any way - it's just a light-hearted satire of the forum.

---

just about yeah...

I surpose...

No opinion, hate government overall

sure...

I dunno

yep

Hey, I like nu-metal and DF, otherwise, yeah. If hair metal means Metalcore, than there's an arguement there...

f*** you...

I'd like to be more active, Kratos

He wants Mafia back.
I don't know what Mafia is

Ur...

Relatively...

I like my PS3, and hate the Xbox, and I still enjoy RB

No really?

No

He EV trains his team.
No

No comment
---

So, what do you think? If anyone thinks this is inappropriate, I'll delete it right away.

Comments noted above...

He has an aversion to Facebook, Myspace, and similar sites

He EV trains his team.
I dunno if these ones really fit. I'm guessing most people have facebooks here, and lurk 4chan. I have no idea what "shonen" or "shojo" is.

---

Small city.
Yes.
No.
A average, except for my last term.
NO.
NO.
No.
NO.
Nope.
He wants Mafia back.
Never played it when it was here, but yes.
Yes.
Never watch, but yes to second part.
Never tried Final Fantasy, Rock Band, or Guitar Hero, and favorite is the Wii.
Tentacool. I like Zubat because of Crobat.
Nope.
He EV trains his team.
Nope.
YES.
---
Looks like I'm not average. :D

---

He wants Mafia back.

He EV trains his team.

---

Less of this applies to me than I would have thought =/

Now if he were 17, lived in Smallish Village, generally ignored music, had no ASB account, knew nothing of this "Mafia", had no educated opinion of 4chan, wasn't into anime, was into neither Rock Band nor Guitar Hero, like FF but hadn't played enough to enter it into his favourite series just yet, preferred the Wii over the 360, was impartial to Zubat and Tentacool and liked all generations equally...

I'm an outcast. xD

Damn. All of these are right, except:

-no ASB account
-never entered any league
-I live in a small town about half an hour from a big city.

---

Well, you got the English-Speaking Country part right. I live near a city, and I'm a year away from 16.

Hell yeah. I'm one of the 10% that would die laughing if these sites shutdown.

Nope. I'm one of the 3 Republican members. That's not to say I don't completely support some liberal ideas, though.

Pretty much. I think I did better on my last grades, but I still need to do more homework if I want more As.

Is that gay marraige rights? If so, then yes. Why wouldn't I?

I guess. I'm kinda "who the hell cares we all die anyways."

I really don't pay much attention to music. I guess I'm a bit of country and rock, and some J-pop, with a nice layer of video game music.

Meh. Why should I fucking care?

....ASB?

He wants Mafia back.

Not really. Never really played. :/

What? I don't really care for 4chan, but it doesn't mean I hate it...

Man, fuck this Naruto and Bleach shit. I'm Dragonball, Kirby, and Digimon. The Pokemon part is correct, though.

LOLOLOLOLOL This is wrong. My favorite games are Kirby, Smash Bros, and Pokemon. I despise music games. I hardly play the 360, but I love my Wii.

*Twitches as he remembers Hoen's water routes and their goddamn Tentacools*

Nope. Once I actually get serious about EV training I might do so.

He EV trains his team.

Kinda.

Nope. While these remakes are gonna be fucking epic, I much prefer my Red version. Never in my life have I met a RPG that I had the will to replay over and over and over and over and over....

---

Comments in the bold, yo.

EDIT: Oh wow I cursed 5 times in that post and used Hell twice. I think that's a new record for me aside from the Omegle conversations.

Last edited:

---

...T, yes.

Nope. Town.

YES.

...I don't do politics.

Yes except for the last bit.

?

I am Jesus. *gives middle finger*

The Beatles. :3

Perfect.

??

He wants Mafia back.

???

So.. I herd u liek Mudkipz!

First part? No. Second part? Yes.

*hugs Wii and Mario*

I hate Sealeo more.

?????

He EV trains his team.

Yes, sir!

Yes, sir!

I am slightly unaverage. Pity me.

Posting here most likely against my better judgment. Meh.

For some reason, I've always gotten the impression that there were more females than males here. Perhaps it's the sections I post in. XD Anyways, to get the obvious stuff out the way, I'm not male and I'm not anywhere near 16. But that's because I'm part of an obscure group of 13 and unders YOU IMPOSTORS I JOINED BEFORE ALL OF YOU. I live in the US, in a small, obscure, redneck town that you've never heard of on the eastern shore.

Yup. And considering my friends are probably nearing a stage where they'll start joining those sites, my hate is certain to grow.

You bet. :D And I never have to tell my parents, so.

Uh... for the past two years I've been homeschooling, so I have no idea.

Sure.

Yes.

Eh, I'm not much on any of this. However, I do match all the dislikes (when I know what they are), though in reality I'm rather tolerant of most music.

I don't care about profanity, but no, I've never dropped any F-bombs. I would if I could

This definitely.

He wants Mafia back.

I've never taken part in Mafia, though I may decide to learn more about it.

I've heard of 4chan, but I haven't the faintest idea what it is.

No. And while I hate what I hear about the Pokemon anime's newer stuff, I've actually seen very little of it, old or new.

This isn't really me at all, aside from Pokemon. However, I used to play FF when I was younger. Do I have it a bit backwards?

Aw, I like Zubat for some reason. I don't really form an opinion on Tentacool, though.

Actually, I have been in one tournament.

He EV trains his team.

I would if I could be bothered.

I'm thrilled for the remakes, sure, but my favorite Pokemon game would have to be Yellow, and consequently, the 1st generation.
Comments above.

Last edited:

These apply.

NO.
I like how it's in capitals.
'UM NO I DO NOT SUPPORT EQUAL RIGHTS FOR FAGGOTS WHAT KIND OF GAY QUESTION IS THIS'

---

Ehhh...Jersey City's sorta known? o.o; But um....I was part of the whole 13-under group here when I first got here buuut then I had to go an' AGE.

*hiiiissssssss* Unless we're talking about Fanpop. That's different.

BETTER YET, WE DON'T EVEN VOTE O.e

Yeah. Execpt for the second part, I haven't actually gotten much lower than a C...I have a feeling that's gonna change though >>

YEEEEESSS PEOPLE AT SCHOOL BETTAH STOP BEING JACKASEESSS

Um, agnostic, actually.

..aw shut up -.-

Nope. More of a Who/Gomez person.

Fuuuck stop getting the fucking answers fucking right god-fucking-damnit D<

Ehh, thinkin'of going back. Somedaaay.

He wants Mafia back.
HUH?

*more hissing*

I'M NOT INTO ANIMEE but I do plan on reading the Pokemon manga soon.

Never played LoZ or FF, I have my own instrrjments ktxbai, and not too into games at aall. Execept Brawl on occasion, Platnium and FUCK YEAH SOULSILVER

OH GOD ZUBAT O.e

No to both.

He EV trains his team.
I do not.

Impartial to generations, but did you not read the "fuck yeah SoulSilver comment are you blind ._.

---
Hmm...so-so. *shrug*

I have noticed a trend in genderless people at TCoD. But, yeah, basically right, besides the age.

This.

Yup.

Straight A's, fool! Besides Physical Education, but old Linooney is a lazy bum, so...

If you were gay~ I'd should horray~

His Noodleness does not care.

Don't care about music, but the dislikes are about right.

Oh fuck.

I use it. Infrequently.

He wants Mafia back.

I never joined, but I want to play it now...

I made you a cookie but I eated it.

Ew. Naruto and Bleach are no-no. Replace with FMA. Never really cared about the Pokemo anime, although I completely gave up on it when they (argh!) changed Team Rocket's motto.

Um, haven't played any of those besides Pokemon. But you need to put Phoenix Wright there because everybody loves Phoenix Wright.

I don't have a least favorite though...

I did enter! But that was before the forum crash. Now I'm just "meh".

He EV trains his team.

Sometimes. Sorta. Not really.

A-yup.

This is pretty accurate, actually.

---

I'm 19 years old and a woman, and it's more of a small-ish town. English-speaking, though, and an hour and a half away from a large city.

Have an account at both. Pretty indifferent to them.

Yup, but my dad was already just as liberal as I.

Eh, somewhat. Mostly got A's and B's, with a few C's and D's, especially in Math

Yup

Indeed. :D

Never been a fan of most metal, but definitely progressive/classic rock, video game music, and occasionally J-Pop. I agree with the hates except for Dragonforce (Not a huge fan, but at least it's fun)

Fuckin' A.

Yep, though I'm currently DQ'd for another month or so. D:

He wants Mafia back.

Joined the forums long after it had died.

I'm an occasional lurker there, so yeah.

Indifferent to most manga, and I actually don't mind the Pokemon anime. I do really like the first season, though.

Never been a fan of FF or LoZ, but yes for Pokemon. Agree'd on preferring Rock Band to Guitar Hero (the vocal option, the only thing I can play decently, for GH is screwy compared to RB) and my favorite current console is the Wii, though XBox 360 is second.

Meh.

Pretty much.

He EV trains his team.

I'm a hacker, because breeding/training legally was driving me absolutely insane. But yeah.

No. I actually liked D/P/Pl better than GSC. Pretty indifferent to the remakes.

---

It's totally appropriate. :3

---

Yes. However, I am not a he.

Absolutely. I hate sites like that.

Parents are already liberal iirc

I...guess? Sounds about right. :/
Except for the elective. I get A's in those.

Absolutely.

Not so much. I'm not really sure what I am. :/

Ew metal. Hate it. I'm more of a country/alternative kind of person.

Fucking fucker fucked my fucking fuckfaced fuck. :3

More like doesn't use it at all. I was begged into getting it and those guides bored me to sleep.

He wants Mafia back.

Absolutely.

...Meh, no opinion.

Yes.

Never played Final Fantasy, Guitar Hero or Rock Band in my life. I also despise the XBox 360.

FFFFFFFFFF

I was in the Gym Leader tournament for the more relaxed non-competitive faction, but some bastard cheated and used EV-trained Pokemon so I lost the spot.

He EV trains his team.

Hell no. Never had the patience.

Absolutely. :3

---

Actually, from Smallish City, English speaking place, less than five minutes away from Huge City.
Opinionless.
Also opinionless.
More like A's and A-'s with the occasional B+ or B.
I guess.
I'm a Christian but disagree with a lot of teachings.
I think so.
I generally don't use it.
Own one and use it mostly.
He wants Mafia back.
YES.
Opinionless
More like a lot of shojo and a little shounen. Though I actually like the Pokemon anime, oddly.
Yes, with the exception of the Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero thing, cause I haven't played either. I actually prefer Wii to XBox, though that might be because I have a total of two games for it.
I have no least favorite, though those two are ridiculously annoying
Yup.
He EV trains his team.
Nope, I suck at it.
Yes.

Mostly average, surprisingly.

18 years old, actually, and from Small City, and about two hours from Huge City. Also, female.

Have a Facebook, but forget to use it a lot; Myspace I lack opinion on.

I'll give you that, except I don't tell my parents who to vote for. I can vote for myself this time though!

Around B average all around, really.

Yeah.

I'm 'Wiccan' in the loosest sense of the word. Non-practicing however.

Kind of. I like a little of everything though.

Yep.

Have one; use tons.

He wants Mafia back.

I wouldn't mind it back.

I frequent /y/, haha. I don't mind it, otherwise.

Bleh. I don't like Naruto or Bleach. I like FMA, Stray Dog, and a few others. The Pokemon Anime is amusing.

Ew Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I like Pokemon, Spore, etc.

I don't have a least favourite! :C

I have entered a tourney.

He EV trains his team.

I try.

DPPt All the way! HG/SS will be fun though.

Not sure if I'm average or not @w@

Pretty much. But there are Francophones in Canada, so not entirely English-speaking.

Don't use any site of the sort.

Minus the telling my parents how to vote, yup.

Nah, straight-As. And what the hell is an elective credit-blahblah.

Yup.

Maybe not always, but until a god gives me an outright sign that he exists, yes.

Video game music is nice. Rap, teen-pop, etc. suck, but I like some Dragonforce (OH GOD THE FLAMES THEY BUUUURN). And I don't know what the hell hair metal is.

You fucking know it.

Nope.

He wants Mafia back.
I don't care.

The forum? Yes. But I have to admit I enjoy some lulz from the memes.

I don't like any manga or anime. Yu-Gi-Oh was the best anime I've seen, and that was just the first few seasons.

Don't play much Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda and Pokemon is the shit, but older!Sonic games are the best things ever. Agreed with the Rock Band/Guitar Hero thing. And I'm a rabid Nintendo fanboy who would never touch a PS3. Maybe an Xbox 360. Maybe.

GODDAMNED BATS ARGHHJKLHJFKLNLHFSUO

Never joined.

He EV trains his team.
Yes.

OH GOD YES

Pretty close to me. Guess I'm average? Iunno.

16, yes. Male, no. English-speaking, yes. Largish city...

If you mean 500+ people then, um... no? I think we might have 100 people living here in summer...

I really don't see the point. I have a deviantART account, and that's more than enough for me.

Nope. I'm Neutral/Neutral. Mom and Dad tend to vote for the lesser of two evils, which tend to be more liberal.

I've only ever had three B+ grades. My GPA is like 3.9/4.0.

Again, Neutral/Neutral. Your preference is not my preference but your preference is okay.

See above.

Don't know what progressive metal is, but the first part is mostly accurate. DragonForce is okay if I'm feeling the need for something fast and epic.

And I like hair metal. >| Or at least I like to listen to it while on the road.

It bothers me when people revert to nothing but pure profanity. The English language is a versatile one. D: Why not make use of it and express frustration clearly?

I like to keep my language relatively clean (or at least mild) while using swear words for emphasis.

Nope.

He wants Mafia back.

I didn't even know what Mafia was until after it was closed...

Never been there, so I couldn't give an honest answer.

haha what.

My favourite anime are Trigun and Princess Mononoke. As for manga, I like Hellsing, Vinland Saga, and Rurouni Kenshin.

I never did get into the Pokemon anime.

Nope! Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Tales of Phantasia/Symphonia/the Abyss, and Phoenix Wright. I never have played Rock Band and I don't own Guitar Hero.

And I don't own any next-gen consoles. If I had to name a favourite console, it'd be the PS2.

They're annoying to encounter all the time, yes, but my favourite element is Poison. I'm especially partial to the Tentacool line.

I haven't used my Wi-Fi adapter in over a year.

He EV trains his team.

Heard of it, never bothered to really try it. I hate level grinding as it is, and wading through dozens of random encounters to find the right 'mon to fight would drive me nuts.

Actually, I was always most partial to R/S/E.

I guess I'm just not average.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom