• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehmmm....

I'll take Psymon vs. Skymin (YAY FIRST REFFING (Sorry to you guys if I mess up)). It will be up as soon as I clear things up in terms of the arena.

Last edited:
4vs4 single
Style: Set
DQ: Week
Damage Cap: Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, ZERO.
Banned Moves: Chill
Arena: Candyland
The well known land of candy! The arena is a large field of brown sugar with mint-flavored grass covering almost every square inch of it. In the northwest corner, there is a large pond made of chocolate. Water-type Pokemon can survive in it, and non-water types can last longer than they usually would 'underwater'. However, speed is drastically reduced in the pond. There are gumdrops and candy canes scattered around the field. The gumdrops are covered in sugar, however if they lose their sugar in any way they become sticky, trapping Pokemon that touch them for two actions. The candy canes can be toppled with some amount of force. The candy can be eaten for a slight boost in energy. In rainy conditions, it rains soda instead of water. When this happens, battlers become sticky, and move more slowly.
Other: Eating candy takes up 1 action, and gives 3% energy. Being in the pond or being sticky causes a 10% drop in speed.

Meh Profile

4vs4 single
Style: Set
DQ: Week
Damage Cap: Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, ZERO.
Banned Moves: Chill
Arena: Candyland
The well known land of candy! The arena is a large field of brown sugar with mint-flavored grass covering almost every square inch of it. In the northwest corner, there is a large pond made of chocolate. Water-type Pokemon can survive in it, and non-water types can last longer than they usually would 'underwater'. However, speed is drastically reduced in the pond. There are gumdrops and candy canes scattered around the field. The gumdrops are covered in sugar, however if they lose their sugar in any way they become sticky, trapping Pokemon that touch them for two actions. The candy canes can be toppled with some amount of force. The candy can be eaten for a slight boost in energy. In rainy conditions, it rains soda instead of water. When this happens, battlers become sticky, and move more slowly.
Other: Eating candy takes up 1 action, and gives 3% energy. Being in the pond or being sticky causes a 10% drop in speed.

Meh Profile

May I?

Also, my own challenge:

1v1 single
1 week DQ
Banned moves: see arena description
Restricted moves: Chill (2 per Pokémon), direct-healing moves (1 per Pokémon)
Banned Pokémon: see arena description

Arena: The Castle Oubliette

The oubliette is a tiny, cramped room sunk into the floor, buried far beneath even the castle's foundations. It's about six feet wide, eight feet long and eight feet high, so only small- to medium-sized Pokémon can fit inside. The entire room is made of heavy, indestructible stone--none of it can be dislodged or moved for things like Rock Slide or Dig, and there's nothing to shake if Earthquake is used. There is also no water or sand or anything like that available for use in moves like Surf or Sand Tomb, and all weather moves will fail because the sky is completely inaccessible. There are no doors or windows, the only way in and out being the long, slick and narrow tunnel leading up about 30 feet up to the dungeon above. (And the steel trap door is locked from the outside.) The only light comes from a single torch, flickering weakly in the room's north wall; the arena is quite dim already, so I would advise against putting it out unless you want to risk bumping into stone walls in total darkness.

And good luck dodging attacks, flying around or building up speed--the tight, uncomfortable space makes anything more than hopping around and swinging some moderate punches understandably difficult. Anything larger than a Pichu is going to need to rethink the range and execution of many its attacks. Only one way in, no way out and no room to run away... can you survive a battle in the oubliette with your sanity intact?

Also, my own challenge:

1v1 single
1 week DQ
Banned moves: see arena description
Restricted moves: Chill (2 per Pokémon), direct-healing moves (1 per Pokémon)
Banned Pokémon: see arena description

Arena: The Castle Oubliette

The oubliette is a tiny, cramped room sunk into the floor, buried far beneath even the castle's foundations. It's about six feet wide, eight feet long and eight feet high, so only small- to medium-sized Pokémon can fit inside. The entire room is made of heavy, indestructible stone--none of it can be dislodged or moved for things like Rock Slide or Dig, and there's nothing to shake if Earthquake is used. There is also no water or sand or anything like that available for use in moves like Surf or Sand Tomb, and all weather moves will fail because the sky is completely inaccessible. There are no doors or windows, the only way in and out being the long, slick and narrow tunnel leading up about 30 feet up to the dungeon above. (And the steel trap door is locked from the outside.) The only light comes from a single torch, flickering weakly in the room's north wall; the arena is quite dim already, so I would advise against putting it out unless you want to risk bumping into stone walls in total darkness.

And good luck dodging attacks, flying around or building up speed--the tight, uncomfortable space makes anything more than hopping around and swinging some moderate punches understandably difficult. Anything larger than a Pichu is going to need to rethink the range and execution of many its attacks. Only one way in, no way out and no room to run away... can you survive a battle in the oubliette with your sanity intact?

I hope you don't mind battling someone new... -profile-

2 vs 2
Set
Single Battle
DQ Time: 4 Days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned and Restricted Moves: Rest, Weather moves
Only Pokemon that can survive on land can be used.

Arena:

The Mystic Circle
Inside a chamber within an old, abandoned castle, there is a simple white circle, with a diameter of 3m. Around the edge of the circle, there are four smaller circles, with a diameter of about 0.5m. Inside each of the smaller circles is the symbol of a classical element; Fire, Water, Earth & Air. Over the top of the fire circle is an orb of fire, an orb of see-able gas above the air circle, a spherical piece of ground above the earth circle, and, you guessed it, an orb of electricitywater over the water circle. The orbs never change size, but can produce an infinate amount of that material for someone to use, eg enough water for Surf. On the ground, some of the stones have been removed, and there is soil underneath. The Pokemon may not leave the white circle, unless being recalled after fainting, and the trainers may not enter the white circle. Also nothing from inside the circle can leave, so anything like Rocks from Rock Throw, may not leave the circle. Due to the battle being indoors, no weather moves may be used.

2 vs 2
Set
Single Battle
DQ Time: 4 Days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned and Restricted Moves: Rest, Weather moves
Only Pokemon that can survive on land can be used.

Arena:

The Mystic Circle
Inside a chamber within an old, abandoned castle, there is a simple white circle, with a diameter of 3m. Around the edge of the circle, there are four smaller circles, with a diameter of about 0.5m. Inside each of the smaller circles is the symbol of a classical element; Fire, Water, Earth & Air. Over the top of the fire circle is an orb of fire, an orb of see-able gas above the air circle, a spherical piece of ground above the earth circle, and, you guessed it, an orb of electricitywater over the water circle. The orbs never change size, but can produce an infinate amount of that material for someone to use, eg enough water for Surf. On the ground, some of the stones have been removed, and there is soil underneath. The Pokemon may not leave the white circle, unless being recalled after fainting, and the trainers may not enter the white circle. Also nothing from inside the circle can leave, so anything like Rocks from Rock Throw, may not leave the circle. Due to the battle being indoors, no weather moves may be used.

eh, I'll take this

Both battles that were up for deletion this month have been removed due to lack of interest.

2 vs. 2 Single
Set
5 Days DQ
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKO's, Instant Recovery Moves
Arena: Tropical Island
An uninhabited island in the middle of the ocean, about one mile long. The battle begins on the eastern beach of the island. The beach is made up of fine white sand, with great white boulders scattered across it. The western shore is nothing but sharp cliffs. The waves are fairly strong along the whole coast. Farther inland is a small tropical forest with several clearings. The trees are similar to that of Battle Zone. Half of the island is taken up by an active volcano about 300 feet tall. Every round, there is a 7% chance that the volcano will erupt and do 15% damage to all Pokemon it touches. The lava will also inflict a burn on all Pokemon it touches. Fire types are unaffected by the lava, and the lava can be redirected by certain moves, so be creative. As the island is.. well, in the OCEAN, water is readily available, so moves like Surf that require a lot of water can be used.

My profile

(My first battle, yay.)

I'm assuming you were barred from challenging because you had too many active challenges/battles at once, correct? If so, then since your battle with Skymin is finished you can have at least one more.

2 vs. 2 Single
Set
5 Days DQ
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKO's, Instant Recovery Moves
Arena: Tropical Island
An uninhabited island in the middle of the ocean, about one mile long. The battle begins on the eastern beach of the island. The beach is made up of fine white sand, with great white boulders scattered across it. The western shore is nothing but sharp cliffs. The waves are fairly strong along the whole coast. Farther inland is a small tropical forest with several clearings. The trees are similar to that of Battle Zone. Half of the island is taken up by an active volcano about 300 feet tall. Every round, there is a 7% chance that the volcano will erupt and do 15% damage to all Pokemon it touches. The lava will also inflict a burn on all Pokemon it touches. Fire types are unaffected by the lava, and the lava can be redirected by certain moves, so be creative. As the island is.. well, in the OCEAN, water is readily available, so moves like Surf that require a lot of water can be used.

My profile

(My first battle, yay.)
Accepting this.

Bringing this back, because I must battle here.

2vs2 single
Style: Swiiiiiiiitch
DQ: Three Weeks
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: 8 chills/Pokemon, Water moves, weather moves, Earthquake, Fissure, Frenzy Plant, anything that may completely destroy the platform
Arena: Final Destination

Oh yeah, Final Destination~ Final Destination is basically a simple tiled platform that moves through space. The Pokemon can't fall off the platform, but can be blasted off, or pushed off by the opponent. The Pokemon that falls off takes 5% damage and reappears above the center of the stage.

Randomly throughout Final Destination, a Smash Ball may appear. It takes up an action to get this, the Pokemon with the higher speed will get it if commanded to. The Smash Ball causes the Pokemon to use 50% less energy for the next two turns, or have a 25% higher attack for the next two turns. If the Pokemon has a signature move, the attack power of it is boosted 20%, if the sig move is used.

Other: There's no water source, so no water moves.

Profile is profile

Bringing this back, because I must battle here.

2vs2 single
Style: Swiiiiiiiitch
DQ: Three Weeks
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: 8 chills/Pokemon, Water moves, weather moves, Earthquake, Fissure, Frenzy Plant, anything that may completely destroy the platform
Arena: Final Destination

Oh yeah, Final Destination~ Final Destination is basically a simple tiled platform that moves through space. The Pokemon can't fall off the platform, but can be blasted off, or pushed off by the opponent. The Pokemon that falls off takes 5% damage and reappears above the center of the stage.

Randomly throughout Final Destination, a Smash Ball may appear. It takes up an action to get this, the Pokemon with the higher speed will get it if commanded to. The Smash Ball causes the Pokemon to use 50% less energy for the next two turns, or have a 25% higher attack for the next two turns. If the Pokemon has a signature move, the attack power of it is boosted 20%, if the sig move is used.

Other: There's no water source, so no water moves.

Profile is profile

I'll take you on. Profile.

My first CHALLENGE :sweatdrop:

1 vs 1 single
DQ: 1 week
damage cap: 35%
Banned moves: OHKOs, recovery moves
Arena: Grassy hill

A large, even field. The whole area is covered in tallish grass, and a large, flat boulder stands in the middle of the field, allowing for more attack power, but making you easier to hit

Additional:The Grass allows 1st stage pokemon to hide upon command (-10% for enemy accuracy)
Boulder gives +10% to special attacks if climbed and stood on but makes the user suceptible to ranged attacks (+15% enemy accuracy)

1 vs 1 single

A large, even field. The whole area is covered in tallish grass, and a large, flat boulder stands in the middle of the field, allowing for more attack power, but making you easier to hit

Additional:The Grass allows 1st stage pokemon to hide upon command (-10% for enemy accuracy)
Boulder gives +10% to special attacks if climbed and stood on but makes the user suceptible to ranged attacks (+15% enemy accuracy)

New battle!! FWEE

1 vs 1 single

I'll take it!

http://dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=83098&postcount=41

2vs2 Single
Style: Switch
DQ: Six Days
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather
Arena: Black Cave

This cave has very minimal lighting, and proves to be difficult to see, except for nocturnal/dark/feline/fire pokemon. Despite this, there are no natural obstacles, and ranged attacks have no obstructions. The cave also has a couple small pools of water, and is quite damp.

Other:
Darkness: 50% chance of ranged attack missing unless attacker is above mentioned exception. 10% chance of melee attack missing.
Damp atmosphere: All combatants have dampened skin/fur/whatever and take 2% less fire damage, and 2% more electric.
Water Pools: Weaker water attacks can be used. Stronger attacks requiring more water cannot be used.

Mah profile!

First Battle Challenge, yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom