• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have permission to use this.

1v1 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned moves: Anything goes baby!
Arena: Some dive in an indeterminate location

Just some indeterminate bar in the city, this place smells heavily of alcohol, BO and piss. (Don't even -try- the bathrooms.) The patrons are at best drunkard bums and better described as imbibed apes, and the liquor they serve will set off radiological alarms. So what kind of battlefield is this?
Well, apparently when two trainers get drunk they find it to be a good idea to get their Pokémon drunk, as well. Noone really knows why, but it's probably in a similar vein to beer goggles. Of course, neither trainer is in much of a state to issue commands, and their Pokémon will soon be in no state to listen.

Upon being chosen each Pokémon is served gratuitous amounts of alcohol and set off on their way to have a go at each other.. if they can stay on their feet. The barkeep is about as apathetic to this, it seems, as to any other bar fight; and trust they're common.
Moves are selected completely random, similar to Metronome, from the Pokémon's available move pool. Any move may be used, included OHKO's, however should they hit they cannot break the damage cap and will deal an instant 50% tops.
Both Pokémon being lit off their arses will have an inflated ego and a boosted pain tolerance; essentially giving them both 150% HP and letting them go longer.
The bar is full of rickety and amusingly destructible objects, as well; and arena damage will become apparent. Apparently, the barkeep doesn't take into consideration supernatural powers. Hopefully soon he will~

Now, bar patrons will probably crowd around and chant a drunken Fight! chant; they may also throw things or get aggressive. Every action there is a 1% chance of a miffed patron trying to start a bar fight with one of the Pokémon, in which case they will lose their action that turn and take 5% untyped damage to knock the sucker out.
Bottles may also find themselves flying at either competitor, and each action there is also a 1% chance of an errant flying object hurling into the ring. Of course, aim is questionable, as is the actual contents of the bottles. There is a 15% chance of is containing more drink that will restore 5% HP to the Pokémon who catches it (Whether with their hand or their face), a 15% chance of it restoring 5% Energy, and a 20% chance of it dealing 3% untyped damage. Finally, at a 50% chance it will miss outright.

And finally, in this state the competitors will be less than capable of holding a steady battle. Every action there is a 5% chance of either Pokémon falling victim to temporary negative effects. There is an equal chance of one of four actions happened:

Falling asleep: The Pokémon will completely nod out, lowering both its defences by 3 stages until awoken and waking up after either 3 actions or after being struck by an offensive move.

Vomiting: The Pokémon will empty its stomach.. all over their opponent's face. This will totally gross their opponent out, and lower their defences by 3 stages for 3 actions.

Falling over: The Pokémon will completely lose its balance and fall right on its arse, causing them to lose that action and be inflicted with mild confusion.

Punchdrunk Swing: The Pokémon will forgo its supernatural powers in favour of slugging their opponent in the face. This will deal 5% untyped damage at 70% accuracy.

Profile goes here

Last edited:
I have permission to use this.

1v1 Single
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned moves: Anything goes baby!
Arena: Some dive in an indeterminate location

Just some indeterminate bar in the city, this place smells heavily of alcohol, BO and piss. (Don't even -try- the bathrooms.) The patrons are at best drunkard bums and better described as imbibed apes, and the liquor they serve will set off radiological alarms. So what kind of battlefield is this?
Well, apparently when two trainers get drunk they find it to be a good idea to get their Pokémon drunk, as well. Noone really knows why, but it's probably in a similar vein to beer goggles. Of course, neither trainer is in much of a state to issue commands, and their Pokémon will soon be in no state to listen.

Upon being chosen each Pokémon is served gratuitous amounts of alcohol and set off on their way to have a go at each other.. if they can stay on their feet. The barkeep is about as apathetic to this, it seems, as to any other bar fight; and trust they're common.
Moves are selected completely random, similar to Metronome, from the Pokémon's available move pool. Any move may be used, included OHKO's, however should they hit they cannot break the damage cap and will deal an instant 50% tops.
Both Pokémon being lit off their arses will have an inflated ego and a boosted pain tolerance; essentially giving them both 150% HP and letting them go longer.
The bar is full of rickety and amusingly destructible objects, as well; and arena damage will become apparent. Apparently, the barkeep doesn't take into consideration supernatural powers. Hopefully soon he will~

Now, bar patrons will probably crowd around and chant a drunken Fight! chant; they may also throw things or get aggressive. Every action there is a 1% chance of a miffed patron trying to start a bar fight with one of the Pokémon, in which case they will lose their action that turn and take 5% untyped damage to knock the sucker out.
Bottles may also find themselves flying at either competitor, and each action there is also a 1% chance of an errant flying object hurling into the ring. Of course, aim is questionable, as is the actual contents of the bottles. There is a 15% chance of is containing more drink that will restore 5% HP to the Pokémon who catches it (Whether with their hand or their face), a 15% chance of it restoring 5% Energy, and a 20% chance of it dealing 3% untyped damage. Finally, at a 50% chance it will miss outright.

And finally, in this state the competitors will be less than capable of holding a steady battle. Every action there is a 5% chance of either Pokémon falling victim to temporary negative effects. There is an equal chance of one of four actions happened:

Falling asleep: The Pokémon will completely nod out, lowering both its defences by 3 stages until awoken and waking up after either 3 actions or after being struck by an offensive move.

Vomiting: The Pokémon will empty its stomach.. all over their opponent's face. This will totally gross their opponent out, and lower their defences by 3 stages for 3 actions.

Falling over: The Pokémon will completely lose its balance and fall right on its arse, causing them to lose that action and be inflicted with mild confusion.

Punchdrunk Swing: The Pokémon will forgo its supernatural powers in favour of slugging their opponent in the face. This will deal 5% untyped damage at 70% accuracy.

I'll take it : profile

I think I'll finally get around to that Metronome battle I've been wanting to do (And rise from the dead). I, uh, do hope that this arena is still okay.

1vs1 Set
DQ: Standard Week
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves/Pokemon: Anything but Metronome, so anything that can't learn it isn't allowed; self-KO moves cannot be called
Other: Pokemon start with 150% energy
Arena: Times Square

Times Square is a major intersection in New York, and an important artery of the city. Having existed for over a century, it has become an icon and is a symbol of New York. Many businesses and other landmarks exist here, and the New Year's ball drop also calls this place home. At the center of the square, traffic is heavy as always, and somehow even busier than most other streets. However, judicious string-pulling has allowed a Pokemon battle to take place there. A small circle has been cleared off for the purposes of the battle, and eager - or foolish - spectators ring the arena. Elsewhere, life moves on as usual, albeit with noticeably more traffic police present.

I think I'll finally get around to that Metronome battle I've been wanting to do (And rise from the dead). I, uh, do hope that this arena is still okay.

1vs1 Set
Banned Moves/Pokemon: Anything but Metronome, so anything that can't learn it isn't allowed; self-KO moves cannot be called

Times Square is a major intersection in New York, and an important artery of the city. Having existed for over a century, it has become an icon and is a symbol of New York. Many businesses and other landmarks exist here, and the New Year's ball drop also calls this place home. At the center of the square, traffic is heavy as always, and somehow even busier than most other streets. However, judicious string-pulling has allowed a Pokemon battle to take place there. A small circle has been cleared off for the purposes of the battle, and eager - or foolish - spectators ring the arena. Elsewhere, life moves on as usual, albeit with noticeably more traffic police present.

Accepted.

Okay, trying a challenge.

2v2 single
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: 1 OHKO/trainer (only usable if your opponent is on their first Pokemon), 1 Chill/Pokemon, 1 Direct Healing/Pokemon, weather-altering moves
Arena: Bronze Arena

An oval arena, basically a plain sandy floor with many seats surrounding it. The seats are high up, so attacks should not endanger spectators. The arena itself is also made of highly polished black marble. Among the seats are also several tall marble pillars, although these probably won't be used to enhance any attacks unless the trainer is creative enough. Any Water-type attacks will probably dry up quickly because of the intense heat in this arena. The trainers stand in alcoves built into the side of the arena, and will send out their Pokemon from there.

The spectators are here to watch an exciting fight, so any Pokemon using a nonoffensive move (including the Chill/direct healing allowed) will find itself being jeered and mocked by the spectators, equal to the effects of a Taunt attack, coming into effect right after the action it uses a nonoffensive move.

If a Pokemon successfully uses an OHKO move, the spectators will cheer enthusiastically, having the equivalent of a Swagger being used on the next Pokemon to be sent out.

If any Pokemon uses a move that damages the arena severely (small cracks and stuff are okay, they'll be fixed between turns), the spectators will be hurried out, and thereafter the above condition will not count, and the number of chills and direct healings allowed will rise to 3 for both. (If a Pokemon has already used its allowed chill/heal, that will count towards this new total.) However, as a penalty, 5% typeless damage will be dealt to each battling Pokemon. The damaged arena will also have a 5% chance of collapsing, which will rise by 3% each turn. If the arena collapses, the battle is considered over, and whichever trainer has more Pokemon nonfainted wins. If both trainers are on their last Pokemon, the one with a higher energy+health total wins.

My profile

I can take this one, except if it's already taken, which would mean I've missed whatever challenge took it. :P

Cupcakes.

2v2 single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, chills limited to 3/pokemon, Rest, direct healing moves limited to 1/trainer
Arena: Meadow

Big, grassy meadow. Has scattered patches of tall grass. Blue skies, 72°F.

Profile.

I want to try out my new Rock-Types, so...

3vs3 single
DQ: Standard week, 7 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's; only 1 use of a direct healing move per Pokemon, but no limit on Chills. Moves that require earth such as Earthquake or Dig, or those that require a body of water, are impossible to use.
Arena: Domus Isle Arena

The popular battling arena on Domus Isle is positioned high above sea level. It is normally used for monster scout battles but authorities of ASB the space for a Pokemon battle. It is a circular stone arena that is completely flat except for a narrow bridge to the door that leads to an elevator; it's far too narrow for Pokemon battle, thus it is blocked off during the course of the fight. There are seats around the edge that are separated from the arena by a low stone wall, and the circle of seats have a triangular prism shaped stone roof overhead across each segment. The seats may also not be used during the battle; however, a Pokemon may position itself upon the roofs of the seats if it wishes. It is not possible to fall from the raised platform, and no moves that require a body of water, dirt or earth are possible.

Other: Nothing

If this is still open, I'll be more than happy to take it =3 Not going to be getting much of a type advantage against rock-types but, eh, challenge is always good xD

Seeing it seems we can be in more than one battle at once, I'm gonna go ahead and post a challenge as well I think =3 Don't have any experience with ASB, and I guess there's only one way to get it! xD

2 vs 2 Single
DQ: Standard week
Damage cap: 30%
Banned moves: OHKOs, weather changing moves/abilities (ie. Rain Dance or Drought) as the arena is essentially inside and no weather occurs.
Arena:
THE TREE OF BEGINNING
The Tree of Beginning is a mysterious entity. A living organism that feeds on sunlight, the Tree acts almost exactly like the living thing it's named for (though it is in fact a rock formation with a crystal structure), however, it also seems to have an advanced circulatory system that spreads out through its entire being. Crystals also populate a great majority of the tree, and even extend beyond it's perimeter. Often, strong Aura users can use these crystals for communication.

The Tree of Beginning homes a wide variety of Pokemon within its interior, which it acts to protect it through the use of golem-like guardians as well as an advanced "immune system", which attacks only humans and machines. Any Pokemon can pass through freely.

There is also a deep chasm located somewhere within the Tree. It is criss-crossed with a web of narrow rock paths and it's extremely windy. Light Pokemon and trainers especially can easily be blown off if they're not careful. There is a 30% chance that a Pokemon under 200 lbs will slip and fall a random distance (10 ft, 20 ft, or 30 ft) before catching itself. If it falls 10 feet it receives 3% damage, 20 ft it received 6% damage, and 30 ft it receives 10% damage.

The battle itself takes part throughout the entire interior of the Tree, through the various caverns that extend from the main chamber. After two rounds, the Tree will be aware of the human presences within it, and it's immune system will begin to act.

Every round thereafter has a 15% chance of an anti-body in the form of an ancient Pokemon appearing. This anti-body acts as an enemy Pokemon with the following stats:

Health: 15%
Energy: 100% (not used, as it only focuses on absorbing)
Type: ??? (has neither an advantage nor disadvantage over anything)​

This antibody when it appears, only one can be active at a time, must be destroyed or it will start to absorb a random trainer. Every round it is not destroyed, the process of absorbing a trainer will inflict the trainer's Pokemon with a status condition that goes as follows: first round after not being destroyed inflicts the trainer being absorbed's Pokemon with confusion (it doesn't know what's going on), second round after not being destroyed inflicts the trainer being absorbed's Pokemon with paralysis (it's terrified for its trainer), and the third round after not being destroyed it absorbs the trainer completely, meaning that the Pokemon must continue without orders (ie. ref chooses a random move from its movepool) and it then acts as the last available Pokemon for battle that the absorbed trainer has.

Basically, the battle with the antibody will go as so:

Antibody appears -- trainers attack, can choose to attack the antibody or the other trainer's Pokemon -- if still active, antibody begins to absorb a random trainer and inflicts their Pokemon with confusion -- trainers attack -- if still active, antibody continues to absorb trainer and inflicts their Pokemon with paralysis stacked on confusion -- trainers attack -- if still active, antibody absorbs trainer completely, Pokemon is now on its own.​

However, there is a way to avoid the antibodies. If a trainer is using a Pokemon with Aura abilities -- basically, a Pokemon that has access to the move Aura Sphere at any stage of evolution, so while Togepi can't learn it, Togekiss can, therefore Togepi counts as an Aura Pokemon. Basically, just Riolu and Togepi's lines count normally (all others are legends), though a Pokemon that has gained Aura Sphere through a body mod or likewise may also count -- they can communicate with it via the crystals, effectively battling outside of the Tree. Therefore, any antibodies that appear will not go after them, but instead directly attack anyone inside the Tree.

However, any sort of machinery (be it false limbs or communication devices) will also be targeted. If a Pokemon has a mechanical false limb, there is a chance they too will be attacked by an antibody with the same effects as if the antibody was attacking their trainer, though if they are aborbed that is the equivalent of a faint.

Effect recap: Colour coded for ease of reference.
If battle has moved to the wind chasm within the Tree [falling]
After the first two rounds, Tree has become aware of human presence [antibodies]

I know, kind of an in-depth battle field, but I like fleshing things out xD Sorry if it's confusing at all, that's why I colour coded it. I'll answer any questions of course. And I think I'm going to add this to my arena stockpile, I actually rather like how it turned out, even though I don't really know why people would be fighting in the Tree of Beginning xD

Profile found here

Seeing it seems we can be in more than one battle at once, I'm gonna go ahead and post a challenge as well I think =3 Don't have any experience with ASB, and I guess there's only one way to get it! xD

2 vs 2 Single
DQ: Standard week
Damage cap: 30%
Banned moves: OHKOs, weather changing moves/abilities (ie. Rain Dance or Drought) as the arena is essentially inside and no weather occurs.
Arena:
THE TREE OF BEGINNING
The Tree of Beginning is a mysterious entity. A living organism that feeds on sunlight, the Tree acts almost exactly like the living thing it's named for (though it is in fact a rock formation with a crystal structure), however, it also seems to have an advanced circulatory system that spreads out through its entire being. Crystals also populate a great majority of the tree, and even extend beyond it's perimeter. Often, strong Aura users can use these crystals for communication.

The Tree of Beginning homes a wide variety of Pokemon within its interior, which it acts to protect it through the use of golem-like guardians as well as an advanced "immune system", which attacks only humans and machines. Any Pokemon can pass through freely.

There is also a deep chasm located somewhere within the Tree. It is criss-crossed with a web of narrow rock paths and it's extremely windy. Light Pokemon and trainers especially can easily be blown off if they're not careful. There is a 30% chance that a Pokemon under 200 lbs will slip and fall a random distance (10 ft, 20 ft, or 30 ft) before catching itself. If it falls 10 feet it receives 3% damage, 20 ft it received 6% damage, and 30 ft it receives 10% damage.

The battle itself takes part throughout the entire interior of the Tree, through the various caverns that extend from the main chamber. After two rounds, the Tree will be aware of the human presences within it, and it's immune system will begin to act.

Every round thereafter has a 15% chance of an anti-body in the form of an ancient Pokemon appearing. This anti-body acts as an enemy Pokemon with the following stats:

Health: 15%
Energy: 100% (not used, as it only focuses on absorbing)
Type: ??? (has neither an advantage nor disadvantage over anything)​

This antibody when it appears, only one can be active at a time, must be destroyed or it will start to absorb a random trainer. Every round it is not destroyed, the process of absorbing a trainer will inflict the trainer's Pokemon with a status condition that goes as follows: first round after not being destroyed inflicts the trainer being absorbed's Pokemon with confusion (it doesn't know what's going on), second round after not being destroyed inflicts the trainer being absorbed's Pokemon with paralysis (it's terrified for its trainer), and the third round after not being destroyed it absorbs the trainer completely, meaning that the Pokemon must continue without orders (ie. ref chooses a random move from its movepool) and it then acts as the last available Pokemon for battle that the absorbed trainer has.

Basically, the battle with the antibody will go as so:

Antibody appears -- trainers attack, can choose to attack the antibody or the other trainer's Pokemon -- if still active, antibody begins to absorb a random trainer and inflicts their Pokemon with confusion -- trainers attack -- if still active, antibody continues to absorb trainer and inflicts their Pokemon with paralysis stacked on confusion -- trainers attack -- if still active, antibody absorbs trainer completely, Pokemon is now on its own.​

However, there is a way to avoid the antibodies. If a trainer is using a Pokemon with Aura abilities -- basically, a Pokemon that has access to the move Aura Sphere at any stage of evolution, so while Togepi can't learn it, Togekiss can, therefore Togepi counts as an Aura Pokemon. Basically, just Riolu and Togepi's lines count normally (all others are legends), though a Pokemon that has gained Aura Sphere through a body mod or likewise may also count -- they can communicate with it via the crystals, effectively battling outside of the Tree. Therefore, any antibodies that appear will not go after them, but instead directly attack anyone inside the Tree.

However, any sort of machinery (be it false limbs or communication devices) will also be targeted. If a Pokemon has a mechanical false limb, there is a chance they too will be attacked by an antibody with the same effects as if the antibody was attacking their trainer, though if they are aborbed that is the equivalent of a faint.

Effect recap: Colour coded for ease of reference.
If battle has moved to the wind chasm within the Tree [falling]
After the first two rounds, Tree has become aware of human presence [antibodies]
I know, kind of an in-depth battle field, but I like fleshing things out xD Sorry if it's confusing at all, that's why I colour coded it. I'll answer any questions of course. And I think I'm going to add this to my arena stockpile, I actually rather like how it turned out, even though I don't really know why people would be fighting in the Tree of Beginning xD

Profile found here

I call. I guess it's newbie vs newbie. ASB FTW

Ooh, can I do this? My Profile's here.

EDIT: Adding in my own challenge.
4vs4 single
DQ: 1 week 2 days 4 hours 12 minutes
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather moves
Arena: Distortion world
The Distortion World, home of Giratina. It is home of many platforms at bizarre angles to one another, along with a strange pond and a waterfall flowing up. The platforms are independent of each other, so things like Earthquake will only be useful if the Pokémon are on the same platform. Due to the lack of atmosphere, weather moves have no effect. Due to the bizarre timeflow, moves such as Moonlight which differ depending on the time of day have random base times. The bizarre physics of the area modify several moves' effects: Gravity and Magnet Rise cause the gravity to become random, Surf and Whirlpool originate from a point in the center of the area and spread out from there, Teleport is uncontrollable and random, Spikes and Toxic spikes hover randomly in the air, Ingrain (due to the bizarre composition of the ground) does not heal the Pokémon, Secret Power has a random one of its possible effects, and Attack, Defend and Heal order, as well as the Swarm ability, do nothing due to the Pokémon's isolation from its fellow bugs.
Every third round, one of several things may happen: Giratina, Uxie, Mesprit or Azelf can fly over and use a random attack from their movepools on a random battler, Cyrus can attack a random battler with one of the moves his Pokémon uses in the games (Houndoom: Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Thunder Fang and Will-O-wisp; Crobat: Air Slash, Cross Poison, Confuse Ray and Toxic; Gyarados: Earthquake, Waterfall, Ica Fang and Giga Impact; Honchkrow: Night Slash, Psychic, Drill Peck and Heat Wave; Weavile: Night Slash, X-Scissor, Fake Out and Ice Punch), the gravity may be removed for two rounds (leaving the battlers free-floating), or nothing may happen. All these things are at an equal probability (that is to say, 16.6% chance of Giratina, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Cyrus, or the gravity).
Very heavy, ground-bound or non-agile Pokémon are not recommended since they will find the terrain difficult to navigate. If a Pokémon should fall over the edge of a platform, they will be brought back by Giratina, who will hold them in its mouth, resulting in a half-damage bite attack.
Wailord is not recommended since the arena is too small to hold it.

I'll accept this... I need a win D:

GIMME YOUR PAL PARK DRUGS :D

Oh yeah baby, comeback time.

2v2 single
Set
DQ 1 week
Cap at 40%
Healing moves and chills limited to 2 and 5, respectively. STAB type advantages frowned upon but not outright banned. No OHKO moves.
Arena: Cliffside Clearing
A half-circle clearing in the middle of a dense hardwood forest about 25 yards in diameter. The grass here is reasonably short in most places, although there are a few spots that could hide a smaller Pokemon. The clearing is bordered on its flat side by a tall cliff face that's rough enough to climb for about fifteen feet, then gets too smooth to get any grip on. The trees are accessible, but if you go too far in, there is a large fence extending all around the arena that is considered impassable. In the center of the clearing is a small pond about ten feet in diameter and seven feet deep, big enough to host most fish-like Pokemon. The water is crystal clear and doesn't seem to have any fish in it, but too much action around it is likely to stir up some mud.

EDIT: derp, forgot this
That's what I get for making a challenge at eleven o'clock.

Last edited:

1vs1 Set

Sorry for the double post, but I'm reasonably sure that I'm still a ref, so I'll get this up momentarily.

oh god, oh god, what are you getting yourself into walker

Oh yeah baby, comeback time.

2v2 single
Set
DQ 1 week
Cap at 40%
Healing moves and chills limited to 2 and 5, respectively. STAB type advantages frowned upon but not outright banned. No OHKO moves.
Arena: Cliffside Clearing
A half-circle clearing in the middle of a dense hardwood forest about 25 yards in diameter. The grass here is reasonably short in most places, although there are a few spots that could hide a smaller Pokemon. The clearing is bordered on its flat side by a tall cliff face that's rough enough to climb for about fifteen feet, then gets too smooth to get any grip on. The trees are accessible, but if you go too far in, there is a large fence extending all around the arena that is considered impassable. In the center of the clearing is a small pond about ten feet in diameter and seven feet deep, big enough to host most fish-like Pokemon. The water is crystal clear and doesn't seem to have any fish in it, but too much action around it is likely to stir up some mud.

EDIT: derp, forgot this
That's what I get for making a challenge at eleven o'clock.

I guess I'll take it then. Mon Profilé.

Battle format: 2 vs 2 single
DQ time: 1 week
Damage cap: 45%
Banned moves: 1-hit KO's , weather moves, Perish Song
Arena: Boring Enclosed White Room
It's just as the title says-it's a plain white room that is big enough to hold about 5 Wailords.
Notes: Feel free to destroy the place if you like. No one never used it.

moo

Battle format: 2 vs 2 single
DQ time: 1 week
Damage cap: 45%
Banned moves: 1-hit KO's , weather moves, Perish Song
Arena: Boring Enclosed White Room
It's just as the title says-it's a plain white room that is big enough to hold about 5 Wailords.
Notes: Feel free to destroy the place if you like. No one never used it.

moo

*takes*

...Things are moving really slowly here.

I'll take Walker vs syphondblade. I'll try and get things done on time, but bear with me, this is my third battle.

I'm been in writing mode for the past few months, let's hope this lasts. :P

2 vs 2 Single
Set
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Dig, moves that require large bodies of water (eg, Surf), 3 Chills/pokemon, 3 healing moves/game
Arena: Insanity Square

This battle takes place on a square of magically floating tiles, approximately Wailord by Wailord in size, but comfortable enough for most battles (which, I am given to understand, never involve two Wailords fighting). The squares are easily malleable and can be torn off and flung into the void of space with little effort, causing the battlefield to shrink and contort as time goes on. If a Pokemon falls off of the square, it wastes its next action being teleported back by a League Alakazam and takes 10% typeless damage. Any Pokemon that is hit by a tile is blown back (which can be dangerous if you are close to an edge) and takes 5% Rock-type damage. If, at any point the stage takes damage to the point where a terrestrial Pokemon's survival comes into question (at the ref's discretion), the following action the stage reforms itself, and every Pokemon has a 50% chance of being smacked by a stray tile.

Other Notes: Pokemon that are aquatic can be used, but they will float in midair a la Pokemon Colosseum and are treated as inherently hovering. However, due to it not being water, they come into battle with a -3 Speed modifier (that cannot be eaten by Psych Up, but counts towards the +-6 maximum/minimum).

Here's profile--First battle time, no one good accept. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom