• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aagh Meowth and MF I want to ref that so bad but NaNo D: If you two don't mind waiting until around December 1st to start, could I take it? If you're desperate to start sooner then someone else can take it, but D: D: D: I might be able to get a round or two in sooner than that, but I can't promise that I'd be able to. (I'd also like to take one of the battles involving someone who's still new to ASB, again if they don't mind probably having to wait ~2 weeks to start.)

I'm cool with that, most ASB battles have to wait way longer than 2 weeks for refs anyway :u

Here we go again!

1v1 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned moves: Anything goes baby!
Arena: Some dive in an indeterminate location

Just some indeterminate bar in the city, this place smells heavily of alcohol, BO and piss. (Don't even -try- the bathrooms.) The patrons are at best drunkard bums and better described as imbibed apes, and the liquor they serve will set off radiological alarms. So what kind of battlefield is this?
Well, apparently when two trainers get drunk they find it to be a good idea to get their Pokémon drunk, as well. Noone really knows why, but it's probably in a similar vein to beer goggles. Of course, neither trainer is in much of a state to issue commands, and their Pokémon will soon be in no state to listen.

Upon being chosen each Pokémon is served gratuitous amounts of alcohol and set off on their way to have a go at each other.. if they can stay on their feet. The barkeep is about as apathetic to this, it seems, as to any other bar fight; and trust they're common.
Moves are selected completely random, similar to Metronome, from the Pokémon's available move pool. Any move may be used, included OHKO's, however should they hit they cannot break the damage cap and will deal an instant 50% tops.
Both Pokémon being lit off their arses will have an inflated ego and a boosted pain tolerance; essentially giving them both 150% HP and letting them go longer.
The bar is full of rickety and amusingly destructible objects, as well; and arena damage will become apparent. Apparently, the barkeep doesn't take into consideration supernatural powers. Hopefully soon he will~

Now, bar patrons will probably crowd around and chant a drunken Fight! chant; they may also throw things or get aggressive. Every action there is a 1% chance of a miffed patron trying to start a bar fight with one of the Pokémon, in which case they will lose their action that turn and take 5% untyped damage to knock the sucker out.
Bottles may also find themselves flying at either competitor, and each action there is also a 1% chance of an errant flying object hurling into the ring. Of course, aim is questionable, as is the actual contents of the bottles. There is a 15% chance of is containing more drink that will restore 5% HP to the Pokémon who catches it (Whether with their hand or their face), a 15% chance of it restoring 5% Energy, and a 20% chance of it dealing 3% untyped damage. Finally, at a 50% chance it will miss outright.

And finally, in this state the competitors will be less than capable of holding a steady battle. Every action there is a 5% chance of either Pokémon falling victim to temporary negative effects. There is an equal chance of one of four actions happened:

Falling asleep: The Pokémon will completely nod out, lowering both its defences by 3 stages until awoken and waking up after either 3 actions or after being struck by an offensive move.

Vomiting: The Pokémon will empty its stomach.. all over their opponent's face. This will totally gross their opponent out, and lower their defences by 3 stages for 3 actions.

Falling over: The Pokémon will completely lose its balance and fall right on its arse, causing them to lose that action and be inflicted with mild confusion.

Punchdrunk Swing: The Pokémon will forgo its supernatural powers in favour of slugging their opponent in the face. This will deal 5% untyped damage at 70% accuracy.

It'sssh on noooow~

Here we go again!

1v1 Single
DQ: 7 days
Banned moves: Anything goes baby!
Arena: Some dive in an indeterminate location

Just some indeterminate bar in the city, this place smells heavily of alcohol, BO and piss. (Don't even -try- the bathrooms.) The patrons are at best drunkard bums and better described as imbibed apes, and the liquor they serve will set off radiological alarms. So what kind of battlefield is this?
Well, apparently when two trainers get drunk they find it to be a good idea to get their Pokémon drunk, as well. Noone really knows why, but it's probably in a similar vein to beer goggles. Of course, neither trainer is in much of a state to issue commands, and their Pokémon will soon be in no state to listen.

Upon being chosen each Pokémon is served gratuitous amounts of alcohol and set off on their way to have a go at each other.. if they can stay on their feet. The barkeep is about as apathetic to this, it seems, as to any other bar fight; and trust they're common.
Moves are selected completely random, similar to Metronome, from the Pokémon's available move pool. Any move may be used, included OHKO's, however should they hit they cannot break the damage cap and will deal an instant 50% tops.
Both Pokémon being lit off their arses will have an inflated ego and a boosted pain tolerance; essentially giving them both 150% HP and letting them go longer.
The bar is full of rickety and amusingly destructible objects, as well; and arena damage will become apparent. Apparently, the barkeep doesn't take into consideration supernatural powers. Hopefully soon he will~

Now, bar patrons will probably crowd around and chant a drunken Fight! chant; they may also throw things or get aggressive. Every action there is a 1% chance of a miffed patron trying to start a bar fight with one of the Pokémon, in which case they will lose their action that turn and take 5% untyped damage to knock the sucker out.
Bottles may also find themselves flying at either competitor, and each action there is also a 1% chance of an errant flying object hurling into the ring. Of course, aim is questionable, as is the actual contents of the bottles. There is a 15% chance of is containing more drink that will restore 5% HP to the Pokémon who catches it (Whether with their hand or their face), a 15% chance of it restoring 5% Energy, and a 20% chance of it dealing 3% untyped damage. Finally, at a 50% chance it will miss outright.

And finally, in this state the competitors will be less than capable of holding a steady battle. Every action there is a 5% chance of either Pokémon falling victim to temporary negative effects. There is an equal chance of one of four actions happened:

Falling asleep: The Pokémon will completely nod out, lowering both its defences by 3 stages until awoken and waking up after either 3 actions or after being struck by an offensive move.

Vomiting: The Pokémon will empty its stomach.. all over their opponent's face. This will totally gross their opponent out, and lower their defences by 3 stages for 3 actions.

Falling over: The Pokémon will completely lose its balance and fall right on its arse, causing them to lose that action and be inflicted with mild confusion.

Punchdrunk Swing: The Pokémon will forgo its supernatural powers in favour of slugging their opponent in the face. This will deal 5% untyped damage at 70% accuracy.

It'sssh on noooow~

It's on.

Bringing these two back now that my old challenges have been cleared:

The mosh Pit
1vs1vs1vs1vsEtc. (4-way to begin, but the more the merrier) single battle
DQ time: 1 week
Banned: OHKOs, Chills, Direct Heals, Evasion Boosts, Weather
Arena: It's a free-for-all of awesome in the most awesome place for a free-for-all: A giant pit of foam blocks and balls! This can start any time after there are four people on the roster, but if you link to your profile before a thread is made you can join. About 30 feet square and 5 or 6 feet deep. Restrictions:
-No Pokemon over 4 feet tall or 80 pounds may enter (just like a real kiddie mosh pit.)
-Only pokemon bound to the ground may enter.
-Mosh pits are not exactly easy to move around in. Everything gets a 5% accuracy drop.
-Have fun!
Lol it be a profile

The Haunted Room:
2 vs. 2 Single
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned: OHKOs, Direct Heal, Toxic, Evasion Boosts
Arena: A dark room in a haunted house. Infested with ghosts. Ghost attack damage is multiplied by 1.2 after all other factors similar to holding a spooky plate. Now, those ghosts in the background don't just sit making daisy chains, so every round there is:

-10% chance of will-o-wisp. This being a classic will-o-wisp, it will distract one Pokemon chosen at random for two actions, causing 4% ghost-type damage at the end of those actions.
-10% chance of a hypnosis wave. This will cause one pokemon chosen at random to fall asleep.
-15% chance of poltergeist. A ghost animates a random object and throws it. 50% chance of hitting on each pokemon, which will cause 12% Normal-type damage.
-5% chance of possession. A random Pokemon on the field will be possessed by the ghost and the ref can make it do whatever the heck he wants for a round (the macarena is recommended at least once during the battle)
-10% chance of warping the field. A random field effect will come into play (Options: Gravity, Trick Room, Fog, Hail, Sandstorm, Rain, Sun) for two round. (Yes it can stack, if this effect happens twice in a row it can be sunny and rainy)
-And, of course, 50% chance that they don't do anything.
AAAAH! Oh it's only a profile OK

The mosh Pit
Arena: It's a free-for-all of awesome in the most awesome place for a free-for-all: A giant pit of foam blocks and balls! This can start any time after there are four people on the roster, but if you link to your profile before a thread is made you can join. About 30 feet square and 5 or 6 feet deep. Restrictions:
-No Pokemon over 4 feet tall or 80 pounds may enter (just like a real kiddie mosh pit.)
-Mosh pits are not exactly easy to move around in. Everything gets a 5% accuracy drop.
-Have fun!
Lol it be a profile

If by "bound to the ground" you mean "unable to fly" then I'll oblige.
Fun fun fun.

The Haunted Room:
2 vs. 2 Single
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned: OHKOs, Direct Heal, Toxic, Evasion Boosts
Arena: A dark room in a haunted house. Infested with ghosts. Ghost attack damage is multiplied by 1.2 after all other factors similar to holding a spooky plate. Now, those ghosts in the background don't just sit making daisy chains, so every round there is:

-10% chance of will-o-wisp. This being a classic will-o-wisp, it will distract one Pokemon chosen at random for two actions, causing 4% ghost-type damage at the end of those actions.
-10% chance of a hypnosis wave. This will cause one pokemon chosen at random to fall asleep.
-15% chance of poltergeist. A ghost animates a random object and throws it. 50% chance of hitting on each pokemon, which will cause 12% Normal-type damage.
-5% chance of possession. A random Pokemon on the field will be possessed by the ghost and the ref can make it do whatever the heck he wants for a round (the macarena is recommended at least once during the battle)
-10% chance of warping the field. A random field effect will come into play (Options: Gravity, Trick Room, Fog, Hail, Sandstorm, Rain, Sun) for two round. (Yes it can stack, if this effect happens twice in a row it can be sunny and rainy)
-And, of course, 50% chance that they don't do anything.

I'll take this, if that's okay.

P to the R to the O to the file.

I'll take Pwnemon vs Risingbade and Squornshellous Beta vs Pentimento.

...Oh hey, I only have one battle going at the moment, so what the hell, here's a challenge of my own:

3 vs. 3 Single
Battle style: Set
Damage Cap: None
DQ time: 14 days
Banned: OHKOs, Direct Heal (Indirect healing like dream eater is fine), Perish song, Destiny bond, Pain split, weather moves, attract, chills limited to 2 per Pokémon.
Arena: A large, open field that seems to stretch on forever. The grass is black and withered and the sky overhead is filled with dark clouds. A couple of dead looking trees litter the landscape, their branches bare and skeletal.

Bah, arena kinda sucks, didn't have any inspiration for it. Any takers?

Profile link

I'll take Pwnemon vs Risingbade and Squornshellous Beta vs Pentimento.

...Oh hey, I only have one battle going at the moment, so what the hell, here's a challenge of my own:

3 vs. 3 Single
Battle style: Set
DQ time: 14 days
Banned: OHKOs, Direct Heal (Indirect healing like dream eater is fine), Perish song, Destiny bond, Pain split, weather moves, attract, chills limited to 2 per Pokémon.
Arena: A large, open field that seems to stretch on forever. The grass is black and withered and the sky overhead is filled with dark clouds. A couple of dead looking trees litter the landscape, their branches bare and skeletal.

Bah, arena kinda sucks, didn't have any inspiration for it. Any takers?

Profile link

yeah I should probably do some battling :I

whoosh

The Empty Stadium:
1 vs 1
Battle Style: Set
DQ Time: 14 Days
Banned: OHKO'S, Direct Heal (Indirect healing like dream eater is fine), Perish song, Destiny bond, Pain split, weather moves, attract, chills limited to 2 per Pokémon.
Arena: A large deserted arena stands in the middle of absolutley nowhere. The coliseum style crowd stands have been deserted for an age and so noone notices if any battles happen anymore. Due to volunteering work from trainers who meet for battles the actual battle ground itself is in pristine condition.
Profile: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=383808&postcount=192

The Empty Stadium:
1 vs 1
Battle Style: Set
DQ Time: 14 Days
Banned: OHKO'S, Direct Heal (Indirect healing like dream eater is fine), Perish song, Destiny bond, Pain split, weather moves, attract, chills limited to 2 per Pokémon.
Arena: A large deserted arena stands in the middle of absolutley nowhere. The coliseum style crowd stands have been deserted for an age and so noone notices if any battles happen anymore. Due to volunteering work from trainers who meet for battles the actual battle ground itself is in pristine condition.
Profile: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=383808&postcount=192
Sounds fun.

The mosh Pit
-Have fun!
Lol it be a profile

Fun fun fun.

Any space left? xD

The mosh Pit
-Have fun!
Lol it be a profile

Fun fun fun.

Oh hi there. I'm coming too!

The mosh Pit
-Have fun!
Lol it be a profile

Fun fun fun.

The Cherrynator wishes to participate >:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom