• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Darkest Hour (halfway through plot)

Re: The Darkest Hour- REMADE!

Grin snorted. "Okay, fine, go play with your fancy light, I'll go beat something up myself. Anyone wanna help me?" Grin said lightheartedly. It sounded a bit like a pout, but it was only a joke.

Artemis playfully hit him on the back of the head.
"You're just jealous because I can do this~!"
She created another dress made of light around Grin.
"You'd seriously make a great Gardevoir!"

Grin laughed. "That's what I've been saying! I'm beautiful! But seriously, I understand why we can't fight. Who wants to fight me, then!?" He shouted for all to hear.

Rolling her eyes, the Gallade remarked,
"I worry about you, sometimes. Crazy man."

I nodded to myself as I saw everyone preparing. "As long as everything's ready we could probably match Xaicra's army."

"I need to battle with someone- anyone, really. Just to prove to myself that I haven't lost any of my old tricks."

Then it hit me. "Of course. Lightstruck- I challenge you to a battle."

When he heard the announcement by Onko, Kester exited the base through one of the side openings, heading towards one of two training clearings that Team Light had designed for just such a purpose. Pushing aside a few branches, the Zangoose stepped in to the familiar clearing-he came here often, when the rest of Team Light became too aggravating.

Kester pushed these thoughts aside and settled his sights on a sturdy-looking oak, and began practicing his techniques on it, slashing at it with Shadow Claw, and firing energy projectiles at the trunk, scorching it.

Manmuu heard about the mass attack. He didn't know what to train on, so he just Earthquaked the ground at no one in particular. "I need a sparring partner that's like Grass, Fire or Water type," Manmuu announced. "Will anyone fight?"

Onko immediately turned to face Manmuu after hearing his request. She had to admit, she was sort of bored. "I'll fight with you," she said calmly to the Mamoswine. The Chimchar took a ready stance.

They're training. Maybe I could sneak into that clearing and knock out one of them at least. he thought.
Sneaking through the bushes he found the clearing and saw the Zangoose.
Mustering his power he aimed his beam path at the Zangoose.
Straight at the mind. Clean shot. But this will only put him in a temporary nightmare until Darkrai can get here. he thought.
With that he blasted his nightmare beam straight at the Zangoose's mind.

Grin remembered seeing the Zangoose walk away to train by himself. Looking for a training partner, he decided to ask if they could fight. What he saw instead surprised him.

Toward Metagross, he asked, "You again!? I thought I already dealt with you, ya stupid metal spider!" When he saw Metagross launch his Nightmare at Zangoose, he dashed toward Zangoose.

I can't believe I'm about to do this...

Grin pushed Zangoose out of the way of the Nightmare and the Nightmare soon engulfed Grin himself. Just before Grin fell victim to the Nightmare, he couldn't resist grinning and saying, "Nighty-Night, don't let the Metagross bite, " toward Zangoose.

That's even better he thought.
"Well looks like your friend here decided to spare you from a temp nightmare. It looks like it's my time to leave." he said.
Before the Zangoose could react he teleported away, landing just outside of the Team Light base where nobody could see him.

Before anything could happen, I heard the sound of a scuffle. I looked around and saw the faint Afterimage of Goros telepo-

Goros?!

"Goros!" I yelled, but it was too late. "Curses," i muttered. "He's snuck here twice now."

I began a Shadow Sneak. "I'll find him," i said, "And I'll make sure he doesn't show his miserable hide here again."

Kester's eye twitched violently, and for a moment he considered slashing up the Gallade's prone form. Something-was it his form of gratefulness?- stayed his claw, and he instead settled on giving Grin a glare that would've likely petrified him, had he been awake, and muttering something inaudible.

Soon, his mute rage subsided, and, deciding to grievously wound the Gallade at a later time, Kester set to the task of dragging the warrior towards the base; there were more important things to worry about. Such as that accursed Metagross.

Artemis poked Grin.
"Grin! Oh crap, I'm gonna murder that freaking spider..!"
Before the Gallade knew what she was doing, she began quietly whispering and summoned a halo of light around her friend's head. She began to feel a bit dizzy, but knew not to stop. She had no idea what she was saying. It really did sound like a different language. The light slowly grew, covering the sleeping Gallade's head.

I was about to open a portal to find Goros when i noticed the Lightstruck surrounding the sleeping Gallade with an Aura of light. "Interesting Trick," i said, "Though what is it supposed to do?"

Artemis blinked dizzily, still whispering.
"I'm hoping he'll wake up. I feel, dizzy. Need to practice."

Grin murmured. "No...No, thanks, I don't want any berries now...No, I'm too full! No! I think I'm gonna burst if I have anymore! I said stop it, you stupid Munchlax!" After a second or two the Nightmare was interrupted and all he saw was a light...

"Pretty..." He murmured a bit more, until he found that he could open his eyes.

"Oh, what's this? She-gallade? Zangoose I don't know, yet saved heroicly? How am I awake? It was that Light, wasn't it!? Well now, I'm jealous... Thank you..." he laughed and stood up with difficulty.

Grin turned toward the Zangoose. "And you owe me a LOT of berries, dontcha'?" He smiled.

"If this succeeds, you could have the ultimate Weapon against Darkrai." I said.

"The downside, however could be the amount of light energy it takes to do so."

Artemis laughed happily, somewhat tired.
"Hey! You're awake, Punching Bag Bob, er, Grin!"
She blinked, and began saying out loud what she had been whisper before. She had no idea what it meant, but just sort of knew to say it.
"Does anyone know what that means?"

I heard the "other language that the Lightstruck had been chanting. "Truth to be told, i am unsure. I've never encountered a Lightstruck before you, so i can only guess that it was the language that they used to summoun and control their light."

That's not true and you know it, I thought to myslef, You've crossed paths with them before; you know them all too well.

Back
Top Bottom