• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Darkest Hour (halfway through plot)

Re: The Darkest Hour- REMADE!

A whirling blast of light came flying at Xaicra. Not anticipating this sudden attack, he was barely able to craete a shadow burst that blcoked most, but not all fo teh attack, the remainder of which striking him.

"Impressive. I assume that this is the same Lighstruck which I let live long ago. Now you are part of this ragtag group. How... intruiging.

Xaicra charged at me. "I wonder, however, what would happen if you went rogue.Or, rather, your emotions went rogue after finding out the true extent of Zrantox's involvement with the fall of your ancestors."

"Xaicra, you overgrown-"

Xaicra swung out his tail, and had it rest on my throat. "Shh, you can't interrupt this bit, Zrantox. She will learn of your involvement in this."

Last edited:

(Um, rouge? Don't you mean rogue?)
Onko slammed into the Abomasnow, who then shot Ice Shards at her. The Monferno swished her tail in their way, melting them and keeping them from hitting her. She then launched a Fury Swipes at her opponent, but with fire on her fingers. She then swung her tail over its head, burning and killing it.

Kester heard the buzzing of a Yanmega moments before it swooped down on him. He crouched his fist suddenly swirling with ice crystals, then jumped up, stabbing his claws through the insect's body, the Ice Punch snatching it out of the sky to crumple on the soil. Hopefully the-wait. The Gallade. I should go and find her, lest she suffer an untimely death like all the others.
Kester paused for a moment, before leaping into the fray, heading in the general direction of Artemis,while vengefully taking as many lives as possible.

((Fixed spelling error))

Xaicra didn't wait for any reponse. "You see, I may have been the one who began the suggestion to bring down the Lightstruck, but Zrantox- or Giratina's Hand- took it upon himself to volunteer to elad the attack along with me. During the attack, he personally slew the Leaders of the Lightstruck."

"How ironic, now, that you are going to all this trouble to protect the Last remaining Lightstruck, even if it was you who made the first killings of them."

Artemis stopped, staring. She answered, trying to at least sound calm.
"Even if you were telling the truth, I wouldn't join you. Ever. You put Mawile to shame, you lying freak."
She created more blades of light, ready to attack.
Zrantox killed them? The leaders, whoever they were. He.. why is he helping me now? Remorse? To keep me from killing h-... NO. Xaicra is lying anyway, Zrantox is better than that evil freak. But he didn't. Why...
the Gallade snarled and slashed again, sending blades of light at Xaicra. He had to be lying.
"I will never 'go rogue' I would die before I helped you!"

Xaicra summouned shadow energy to his hand. "I'll arrange that... once I take care of Zrantox."

He gathered more shadow energy, until he glowed with pure darkness.

"Well, Zrantox, I must say it's been fun, but I am getting tired of all this."

He drew back his empowered hand. "I regret, however, that I won't be able to see who guides you to the next life."

he swung his hand forward. "Farewell... Giratina's Hand."

The time is now

A yell of pain pierced the battle.

When the blast cleared, one could see that I was very much alive, and I had Xaicra by the throat, my hands still glowing with the black-red energy.

"It seems, Xaicra, we are in a reversal of positions."

Artemis stood there, watching. Even though she was a Gallade, she seemed very small. The Dusknoir was holding Xaicra by the throat, and she expected him to kill the other Pokemon at any moment. She whispered, almost to herself,
"He was lying, right?"

Last edited:

"You are defeated Xaicra. No matter what you can do, I will kill you before you do it."

Xaicra grinned. "Really? Do you really think that blasting me with Shadow Energy will-" Then a look of something resembling fear crossed his face. "That energy... it's-"

"That's right. This is the very energy that I used during the attack we made, all those years ago. And now, i will use it to tear your spirit out of your body and destroy it."

Black-red energy surrounded us. The enxt thing that we knew, we were both in a Pocket dimension.

"Now then, Xaicra, what say we end this here and now?"

I activated the power that had been waiting to be unleashed. the energy flooded over Xaicra, shrouding him in it.

"Now!"

I seized him with both my hands, and began to pull. Xaicra tried to resist the pull, but found that I was too strong.

"This can't be!" he yelled, "You cannot do this! You cannot kill me! I AM ETERNAL!"

"Maybe," i said, "But I bet there was a time where you said nobody could disfigure you... and look what happened."

No sooner did I say those words did his spirit- which was now nothing more than a twisted black mass- finally begin to be wrenched out of his body. Xaicra knew that he only had a few more seconds to live.

"This... isn't... over," Xaicra said, his voice becoming twisited and distorted, "I... still... have..... one...... card..... left..........."

And with that, all of his spirit was removed from his body. I applied the smallest hint of my energy into the spirit, which shattered. There was nothing left after that but a cloud of black gaseous matter that soon disissipated into nothing.

Once that had happened, the Pocket Dimension vanished, and I found myself abck at the battlefield. Xaicra's body- which was now nothing more than an empty shell- stood in perfect balance. Then, the body disintegrated into a pile of dust, dust that the ground seemed to swallow up.

Xaicra was dead.

Staring as the pile of dust disappeared, the Gallade hesitantly poked the ground with her foot. Nothing. She stepped back and sighed.
"So, all the Lightstruck were either corrupted or killed, or both. By him. And.. you?"
Why?

"Both. Xaicra managed to send a Mismagius int their midst to spread corruption. This is what led to the Leaders of The Hand's descion to wipe them out. I, being the loyal member that I was, volunteered to help lead the attack with Xaicra. We brought along oher members of The Hand into the place where most of the Lightstruck were living. Form there... well, we struck."

I'm....so........weak.....must.......get.......outside......and.......find.....out........what's........going.........on. he thought.
Using the rest of his energy he teleported outside and landed in front of Zrantox.
"What's....going....on?" he said.

((OrngSumb, i hope you remember that Zrantox sent Goros into a pocket dimension where he'd be healed. I'm going to assume in this post that you do))

"Well," i said, "As you cna see, we're in the middle of a battle against Xaicra's army. Of course, now it really doesn't have a leader, because Xaicra is dead."

This was something I sitll couldn't believe, even though i'd been the one who'd done it.

(( Oh. It's been so long X_X ))

"Oh. So what are you gonna do kill me now?!" he asked.
Looking around he couldn't believe all the Pokemon he saw that just didn't know what to do without a leader.

"No." i said, "After killing Xaicra, I have no intention to kill anyone unless they try to kill me."

"Then, something occured to me. "Has anyoen seen Grin? I haven't spotted him since the battle started."

"What about that Lightstruck? Is she going to kill me?!" he said pointing to the Gallade.
"And who is Grin?" he asked.

Artemis blinked, trying not to stare at the Metagross.
"I'm not planning on killing anyone. Grin is the other Gallade. When we fought you? That was him."

Onko briefly looked at Zrantox with amazement, then turned back and killed two confused Aron, hitting them with Mach Punches to the head. She then used Double Kick on a Lairon, immediately following after with a Flame Wheel. That was enough to take its life.
Then Onko faced the Aggron.
It roared, but Onko wasn't shaken. She then attacked with a Double Kick, but the Aggron turned and swiped her away with her tail. She just came back, this time with a Mach Punch to the Aggron's chest. However, the Aggron was tough, and countered with Rock Slide. Unfortunately for him, Onko was part Fighting. She then used her most intense Flame Wheel, and immediately after, used another Double Kick, this time to the Aggron's skull. But, due to its armor, the Aggron was still standng. It used Iron Tail, cutting Onko, although it wasn't very effective. Onko was getting very tired, but managed to fire the toughest Mach Punch she could muster.
Right to the Aggron's heart.
Her enemy tried to counter with Body Slam, but before it could, it fell over, dead.
Onko had killed the deputy of Xaicra's army.

Then white light began to surround her. She grew larger and gained flames on her head.
Onko was now an Infernape.
She called to the others, "Come on everyone! We need to defeat Darkrai now!" There were many obstacles along the way, but she was sure her team could overcome them.
-----
Meanwhile, Darkrai was weak on his throne. He had been given a Pecha Berry by one of his Blissey minions, but he was still weak, and he had to rest.
Then he commanded, "Tell one of the scouting Pidgeot to look around. I'm sure Team Light will be here soon."
The Blissey nodded and skipped off. Within a few minutes, the Pidgeot was off, flying high in the pink dawn sky. He flew directly to Team Light's base, careful to avoid their sight. The scout looked down and saw what was happening. Panicking, he immediately soared back to Darkrai and cried, "Master Darkrai! I'm here with the report!"
"What is it, scout?" Darkrai demanded.
"Master! The leader of Team Light is an Infernape! But worse..." His voice trailed off.
Darkrai said, "Tell me, Pidgeot..."
"Master Darkrai.... Xaicra has been killed!"

"Now I just worry of how Darkrai's reaction to this will be," I said, "True, Xaicra was a rather rebllious member, but he was still powerful."

I heard the leader's rallying call to defeat Darkrai. "This should be interesting," I said, "We're turning the tide and leading an attack on their base, am i correct?"

Kester gave the Metagross a withering glare, before speaking up. "I saw Grin slaughtering groups of Xaicra's minions. He seemed to be doing fine at the time."

Manmuu followed his newly evolved leader. "Yes, Onko!" he started to run, but stayed next to the Infernape. "Can I freeze Darkrai with my Ice Fang? Then you can use an attack. We should think up a strategy."

Back
Top Bottom