• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Darkest Hour (halfway through plot)

Re: The Darkest Hour- REMADE!

(Grin's nightmare):

Grin stood up, then realized that he was standing on nothing but space. He looked around a bit. A planet here, a comet there, yep, this is space...

"Grin, welcome back. It's been a while, hasn't it?" A mysterious voice rang out from nowhere.

"Arceus... Yes it has." Grin replied, somehow automatically knowing who it was.

"There's something we need to talk about. It's good that you've been put into this nightmare. I'm able to communicate with you now." Arceus exclaimed.

Grin replied, "What is it? I'm doing as you told me. I'm going to restore this world back to it's neutral state, as the prophecy states."

Arceus laughed. "There is much to talk about... Listen well, Grin."

"No," Onko said. "It's me versus Darkrai, in a one-on-one battle. I have no idea why Darkrai would allow Xaicra to become stronger than himself, but I know that he is much weaker. I'm only bringing you and the team because I believe in you, and I want all of Team Light to get credit for the victory.
"Come on team, let's go." With that, she dashed off in the direction of where Xaicra had come from.
((Don't worry, Grinning Calamity, we'll rescue you soon.))

I nodded. "Still, I will be happy to provide cover while you go to fight Darkrai. If you should defeat him, it is possible that Team Dark will ambush you as you leave. I will do what I can to ensure that that doesn't happen."

Onko stopped in her tracks and nodded. "I agree. As soon as we get past all of the obstacles that protect Darkrai, the rest of you will fight of the ambush while I challenge the leader of Team Dark." She waited for the others to catch up.

"Grin, yes, neutrality is good, and I want neutrality, but you cannot just kill things to solve your problems. Remember, that everyone is different. Nobody is completely neutral. If you tried to bring this world to neutrality, then you would end up killing everyone, including yourself. As my hand, I thank you for being so zealous in your efforts, but thank Arceus that you were here for me to talk to." Arceus chuckled at the last part.

Grin laughed and felt a bit better. "So, what should I do now? I don't have to kill the Lightstruck now, right?" He never really wanted to kill the Lightstruck, but he would if he had to.

"There is no need to kill the Lightstruck, however, Darkrai is a problem. Besides, isn't being Light better than being Dark? Neutral is preferable, but Light is not bad..." Arceus chuckled. "Go, Grin, live a life. You have served me well so far, and when I need you again, I will tell you."

Grin smiled. "Thank you, Arceus. You are truly a great Pokemon."

"Farewell, my hand."

"Later."

Arceus ended the Nightmare, and let Grin sleep peacefully.

Manmuu nodded to Onko. "If that's the case, then don't let us slow you down. We'll be your backup, just in case." He continued to stay at Onko's side in fear of losing her one way or another.

This is it, I thought, Once we emerge victorious here, Team Light will have won the war.

Right?

Truth to be told, I felt like I'd missed something, like I hadn't factored something in.

What could I have missed?

Darkrai said to his Pidgeot, "That Team Light did it! How could I underestimate them?
...No. Only Zrantox would have enough power to do that... Does that mean...."
The Pidgeot nodded. "Yes. It was Zrantox."
"Well, I'll kill Zrantox, and all of Team Light too!"
"They're coming right now, Master."
"Well, then, tell everyone to send out an assault. I'll be waiting here for any of the survivors."
I'm sure of it. Only Zrantox can survive.
Darkrai heard a voice out of nowhere.
No, Darkrai.
Darkrai thought, Is that Xaicra? "Show yourself!"
I cannot. I am dead.
"So you were killed after all! My strongest warrior, dead. What a shame!" Darkrai laughed.
No. I escaped from you, Darkrai. I was no longer yours. You could not keep a creature as strong as me for your puny armies. I escaped and recruited my own, stronger army.
"But it is impossible to escape!"
I ran away during a battle with Team Light long ago. I ran and recruited my own team until I could battle Team Light with my own rules.
...Remember, Darkrai... I was never your slave...

Goros tapped Zrantox on the shoulder.
"You're forgetting about me." he said to the Dusknoir.
And with that he teleported back to Darkrai.
Getting on one knee he spoke.
"Master, I failed at stopping Xaicra. Zrantox finished him off. Team Light is on there way to ambush you. Their leader, Onko the Infernape, is out to kill you and recover a Gallade named Grin. What do you want me to do sir?"

I remembered Xaicra's scream that he was eternal, that nobody could kill him.

I remembered how he said he had one card left.

i remembered that his spirit had shattered into nothing.

Xaicra never truly considered himself a member of team Dark. He wanted to do this so he could control Team Dark.

And it worked. By poitning out that there was a living Lightstruck, Team dark was ralllied to his side. He wanted my help in his grand scheme.

Was it there, i wonder, that I realized that Xaicra was swallowed by the Shadows?

I gazed back at where Xaicra had died.

Xaicra... you gambled against fate, and you lost... and in a gamble like that, you only have one chance.

Kester dropped to all fours and ran after Onko, keeping his distance so that he could hide the distasteful expression on his face.

Onko soon came to a cave, which was pitch black. She said, "Everyone be careful. This is the first part of the set of obstacles." As she entered, her head flame illuminated the area.

I nodded. "Darkrai's rigged this place mostly with collapsing rocks, and 'walls' that turn out to be falling slabs of stone."

I turned to Onko. "I suggest we keep an eye out for lines in the wall that are too even with each other to be natural."

Manmuu nodded to Zrantox. Then, he spied a small amount of erosion ahead of Onko. Also, there was a very subtle line surrounding the area. "Onko, stop. I see a trap ahead. Falling rocks." He stepped forward quickly and gently pulled the Infernape back with his left tusk.

I narrowed my eye at the trap. "Clever," i said, "Not only has he set falling rocks on that part of the path, he's rigged the walls with what appear to be..." I tossed a low powered Shadow ball at the path. The next instant, two spears of Stone shot out form either side to strike the energy.

"Hmm. That's a new one."

((If you're wondering, this is pretty much Anime style, so your character knows all the moves it can learn by level. You can also give him/her a few TM or Egg moves.))

Onko said, "I can handle it. Everybody stand back." She leaped up and hit the rocks with a Flame Wheel, and they fell in front of her. Then she used Dig to create a tunnel through the rocks. "Come on, everyone, follow me." She walked through the tunnel and looked back at her team.

((okay.))

I followed Onko into the tunnel, keeping a Dark Pulse ready in case we encountered more enemies.

okay, so this cave will stretch on for a while, I thought, and then we reach anpther section, but what was it?

((Gah, missed a lot. Sorry. ;_;))

Artemis followed the Dusknoir into the tunnel. She created a little ball of light to use as a sort of flashlight. They would soon have to face Darkrai. The Gallade shivered, but continued silently.

In the battle to come, more may die.

All these lives lost to bring down Xaicra, and now all that will be lost to bring down Darkrai.

Is it Worth it?

Of course it is, i thought, Darkrai must fall, no matter what the cost.

Kester slowly walked with the others, his mind gears churning. He vaguely recognized the tunnel from the few times he had been there, but he didn't remember much now. Still, something tugged at his mind, and the tugging grew stronger as they progressed. Then-

Suddenly, he surged forward, and thrust an arm in front of Onko to block her path.

"Trap right in front of you. Avoid. Unless you want to have tens of thousands of volts course through your body."

Calmly, he sent an Energy Ball forward; it was stopped short two seconds later as the cave was brightly illuminated by crackling beams of electricity converging on the area in front of them, lasting for a full ten seconds before subsiding.

Snorting as the bright light disappeared, he turned his furious gaze to the Infernape, his red eyes seeming to shine in the darkness.

"Don't make me have to do that again."

Back
Top Bottom