• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

And something I literally just noticed - some of my Pokemon's stats are differently colored. (For instance, my Misdreavus has a slightly reddish tint for "Attack" and a slightly bluish tint for "Defense"). Is this their way for making IV's more noticeable or something?

No, it's a quicker way of figuring out what natures do what. Red is boosted by the nature, blue is lessened.

(My Espeon's Brave, which is quite literally the exact opposite of what I wanted. I had the mother, who is Timid, hold an Everstone, but I get stuck with the literal opposite of Timid instead. I don't want a boost in Attack, considering I'm using Espeon, thank you very much.)

And something I literally just noticed - some of my Pokemon's stats are differently colored. (For instance, my Misdreavus has a slightly reddish tint for "Attack" and a slightly bluish tint for "Defense"). Is this their way for making IV's more noticeable or something?

No; those are their natures. It highlights the stats that are increased and decreased by your pokemon's nature. I can't remember if red is increase or decrease or visa-versa, but I don't pay attention anyway since a) I already have my whole team, and b) I can use Bulbapedia whenever I forget which natures increase and decrease what.

In other news, I'm up to Blue.
Time: 40:45
Orinoco (Quagsire) 48
Yangtze (Lanturn) 47
Daugava (Cloyster) 47
Colorado (Magnezone) 47
Nile (Ampharos) 47
SLAVE (Skarmory) 56

...And as I look at the preview for the post, I've been ninja'd. Butts.

I don't see why everyone hates this voltorb game so much. I mean, sure, removing the slots was uncalled for (as was removing the ability to buy coins), but the new game is fun and I actually have half a chance at it.

And Blaziking: Yes, as long as you have access to a route that has some, you can get Hoenn/Sinnoh pokémon before the national dex. I got the Champ Path (or whatever it's called in English) download in my Japanese HG, and I caught several bronzor and duskull long before I actually made it to the E4.

2 badges, 48 pokémon, currently tearing my hair out trying to find a stantler that will actually stay in a poké ball assuming my pokémon don't burn or crit it. :/ Just caught an abra after being halfway tempted to just buy it with coins. Since, you know, I don't hate the voltorb game and am actually willing to play the few extra minutes it takes to get the 100 more I'd need. *shrug*

Recently got SoulSilver, and have beaten Bugsy, but not the rival. I hate that Bayleef keeps using Synthesis, it's fucking annoying as hell D<

My team:

Zinc Onix (M)

Negatic Togepi (M)

Jaws Croconaw (M)

Breccia Geodude (F)

Some Pokemon I might want to look for in the future:

Ariados
Lanturn
Ampharos
Murkrow
Misdreavus
Scyther
Scizor
Steelix
Heracross
Weavile
Ursaring
Houndoom
Kingdra
Tyranitar
Gyarados (shinyyyyy <3)

I'm planning on battling Aidan once I catch up to him. He had an advantage since his came on Sunday, and mine on Wednesday, so he's already beaten Whitney. I'm progressing faster, though.

We actually have an arguement going about whether Lugia or Ho-Oh will win, and I said Lugia, since Ho-Oh is a x4 weakness to Ancientpower and has a weakness to water, and he said that's true. He said he'll send out Lanturn, use Rain Dance, then Thunder, and I said I'll switch to a Ground type, and he said he'll use Hydro Pump. Trying to find a way around that; maybe I should send out my own Lanturn? What do you guys think?

It appears that red is increased, blue is decreased. Weird. Also, the colours are really, really faint.

Also, Voltorb Flip is awesooooomeeeee. I've gotten up to Lv.6.

I found a Wobbuffet while on the trail. It turns out to be an incredibly stupid, obnoxious, and fun Pokemon. I look forward to seeing tears of pain run down my opponent's faces at the sight of this mighty beast.

I can't stand Voltorb Flip, but when I play it I get really addicted and can't stop. I've gotten to Level 3, cause I'm terrible at it.

Anyways, thanks for clarifying stuff up with the Pokewalker and stats. I was just a little curious.

Woah, I never noticed that nature thing. :D

Speaking of natures. I seem to be having awesome luck getting good natures on Pokewalker catches. I already have a nice little 'To Train' box going that includes a Kangaskhan, Slowpoke, and Magnemite.

Voltorb Flip is great. It gets no love. :[ My only complaint is that it's probably going to take forever to get those good TM's because I can't buy coins.

The nature thing was about all that kept me from running to Bulbapedia every five minutes while playing my Japanese game. :P Though I did manage to get it way wrong when I first looked at my mareep! Bloody adamant.

Well, calling it quits for the night right now. Made it through Ice Path, which now has really snazzy music, and I got my Slowpoke to evolve sometime before then. I beat Claire with a few difficulties, evolved a Sentret so I could get a Furret as a better HM Slave, and finally evolved Weepinbell! Now, all that's left is to go to the Dragon's Den!

My team:
Victreebel Lv. 39 (F)
Slowbro Lv. 38 (F)
Typhlosion Lv. 36 (F)
Misdreavus Lv. 35 (F)
Kenya (Fearow) Lv. 35 (F)

To Do list:
-Go to the Dragon's Den and finish stuff
-Train up on Route whatever south of Blackthorn
-Catch Lugia, since I guess that comes before the E4 now

*Finally* got to 60 pokémon after evolving a second abra (goddammit I didn't realize I already had a venonat >|), then miraculously managed to defeat Whitney without anything fainting. Nothing even went into the red, heh. Pretty sure that's a first for me.

[Vulcan Rex] Quilava (M) L22
[Legion Duo] Furret (F) L20
[Terminator] Beedrill (M) L20
[Cain] Poliwag (M) L20

Still the same four for now; might replace Furret with a miltank, will probably grab a natu as soon as I can, may or may not keep the beedrill with the embarrassing name, and still trying to choose between a politoed or a lapras. No idea what to do with the last slot, but we'll just see what else comes up that I'd like to experiment with and is awesome.

Voltorb Flip is ridiculously awesome. I greatly prefer it to the other games' Game Corners.

ANYWAY: My whole team's at level 30 and I'm gonna take down Jasmine later today.

Okay, so I didn't have access to a computer till just now, so I need to scream this out to the heavens(or at least the internet):

I was trying to evolve my Haunter into a Gengar for the stat boost using the GTS evolution trick. I found a person wanting a Metapod for his Weedle, I figure that was fair enough. But in Ilex Forest, I could only find Oddish and Zubat. So I fly to Violet City and enter Route 31. THE FIRST DAMN POKEMON I ENCOUNTER IN ROUTE 31 WAS RAIKOU. I just sat there staring at the screen in utter awe while listening to the epic music(one of the reasons I'm even bother to raise a Gengar was to use it's Hypnosis/Mean Look combo against the beasts). I lob my only Fast Ball....and catch it! This was my first encounter with it. Since I was still pissed that it took me so long to finally beat those Kimono Girls, I just jumped up and bounced around my house in joy.

But, I never found a Metapod. :[ I ended up trading away my Clefairy for an Ekans. I can always catch another Clefairy in the Safari Zone, but....

Oh yeah, before the Raikou incident, I randomly came across a wild Steelix in the Cliff Cave. Which I promptly caught.

Gah I haven't gotten HG...yet.
I plan on getting it on Monday.
I promised my sister I would pull her in her wagon after I got it so I can use the Pokewalker.
Am I a bad person? haha

Third time's the charm for Whitney--Muscle finally took her down with help from Luce. Got the Squirtbottle too, am going to take care of Sudowoodo and check out the Pokethlon later today.

i just traded over my team to platinum for some evolutions and to teach them some tm moves, and now i'm currently taking down team rocket at goldenrod

feraligatr (m) lv37
golem (m) lv36
charizard (m) lv36
umbreon (f) lv36
raichu (f) lv36
gengar (f) lv36

Ho-oh get! Training Strike the Scyther right now. Kinda-Sorta EV training it, cept I'm not keeping track of it or using any items besides vitamins.

After it learns Wing Attack, I suppose I will evolve it and teach it Bullet Punch. I'm mainly raising it to piss off my brother. XD

Oh yeah, I beat Morty and caught myself a Natu. Umbreon doesn't seem to learn... well, anything good, until levels higher than I'd like, so now I'm looking at the TM's I have in Diamond and Platinum to see if there's anything I can send over. :|

Ooh, have Payback on Diamond. I think I'll send over Sludge Bomb for my Weepinbell too. On little Croagunks, since I have thousands of them from an abandoned Masuda Method attempt! :>

Okay, so I didn't have access to a computer till just now, so I need to scream this out to the heavens(or at least the internet):

I was trying to evolve my Haunter into a Gengar for the stat boost using the GTS evolution trick. I found a person wanting a Metapod for his Weedle, I figure that was fair enough. But in Ilex Forest, I could only find Oddish and Zubat. So I fly to Violet City and enter Route 31. THE FIRST DAMN POKEMON I ENCOUNTER IN ROUTE 31 WAS RAIKOU. I just sat there staring at the screen in utter awe while listening to the epic music(one of the reasons I'm even bother to raise a Gengar was to use it's Hypnosis/Mean Look combo against the beasts). I lob my only Fast Ball....and catch it! This was my first encounter with it. Since I was still pissed that it took me so long to finally beat those Kimono Girls, I just jumped up and bounced around my house in joy.

God how I envy you...

I did eventually catch Raikou, and then proceeded to catch Ho-Oh in about 1/10th of the time it took to get Raikou. Both have battle music that makes my ears explode.

Adding to that, I just Beat Lance, in an epic showdown that ended with Raikou Sparking his Charizard after Charge Beaming it silly. I managed to beat the game with the exact team I used in the original Gold in- wait for it -24 hours, no more, no less.

So I'm gonna take a break before I head over to Kanto

Just caught Lugia, and I have to say that there was one room in Whirl Islands where you get a Rare Candy that was a visual treat. It was a very small platform and you could see the bottom of the cave from where you were. I was incredibly gleeful upon seeing that. <3

Anyways, finished in the Dragon's Den, fought all the trainers in the routes south of Blackthorn, went through the Whirl Islands (which was worth it just for that little room :D). Now, I'm off to Victory Road. Hopefully I can take down the E4 when I get there.

I'll...update my team when I get through Victory Road.

Back
Top Bottom