• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Woo. Walking a ton now that I have a few Pokemon to walk with.
(Flare) Quilava, Lv. 16 & counting.
(Malevolent) Gastly, Lv. 13
Magby, Lv. 12
Zubat, Lv. 11 & counting
(Voltage) Mareep, Lv. 11

Still have training to do. D: Looking for a Carvahna on the PokeWalker, then into Union Cave. DIE EKANS DIE! :P

Is the dude with the Abra still in the E4? If so, he can teleport you back to New Bark Town, I believe.
I don't remember him being there. You can fly from anywhere in Johto or Kanto to the Elite Four or Victory Road, however, and the other way around.

He is still there, though I don't recall being able to fly from Johto to the E4 until after you'd beaten them. I could be wrong, though.

OMFG Last night, as I was turning everything off and getting ready to go to bed, I fought a Firebreather with two Magmar. Then, when I beat him...

PARRAPA EVOLVED. C:

--

160.png

Nickname: Metooth
Species: Feraligatr
Level: 30
Moveset:
-Ice Fang
-Crunch
-Water Gun
-Cut

176.png

Nickname: Parrapa
Species: Togetic
Level: 25
Moveset:
-Yawn
-Encore
-Extrasensory
-Metronome

Last edited:
Running around Union Cave and the general vicinity training a Wooper named Hai (Chinese for "sea")

Team:

Cynder the Quilava
Mina the Pidgey
Luce the Mareep
Togepi egg (will be named Kayode if male, Misty if female)
Hai the Wooper (training)

Well, after liberating Goldenrod (Kalin, why did you have to ruin my disguise an kill a Pokemon moment that I thought I'd never experience?) I went around Johto, attempting to capture Raikou before tackling Clair... but the big guy seems to hate staying in ultra balls, and yet he loves using roar on my Wobbuffet.

So I decided to wait until I've laid the smack down on Clair before going after Raikou again.

Current team

Feraligatr: LV 41
Jirachi: LV 37
Growlithe: LV 34
Gyarados: LV 31
Pidgeotto: LV 24
Scyther: LV 19

Slackin' off. Getting ready to kick Team Rocket's ass at Slowpoke well. SLOWPOKE ARE WORTHLESS WHY MUST I SAVE THEM

Flare the Quilava
Magby, couldn't nickname because he was caught on the Pokewalker. D:
Zubat, couldn't think of a nickname ATM.
Voltage the Mareep, going to replace him with an Elekid.
Malevolent the Gastly... he needs Night Shade or something... Lick takes SO LONG to K.O. someone. o\_/o

[Sunstream] Eevee (M) Level 21 (It loves me already... prolly cause it was in the PokéWalker, which was in my pocket, for the entire time I was at school. I just want it to hit level 29 before I evolve it into Espeon.)
[Icerain] Lapras (F) Level 17 (Caught it in the Safari Zone earlier today~)
[Olivine] Flaaffy (F) Level 29
[Flametail] Quilava (F) Level 29
[Hazy] Golem (M) Level 29
[Minuit] Noctowl (F) Level 29

Trainin' for Jasmine, since her Steelix kicked my ass earlier. Also I want to get Sunstream and Icerain up to the same level as everyone else, so. I told myself I wouldn't train the way I did in my original Crystal - train my entire team to one level above the next Gym Leader's highest-level Pokémon - because that took too long and made the game easy. I want a challenge. ^^

Just arrived in Goldenrod. Now have Lyra's and the Day Care Couple's numbers.

To do:

--Get a Drowzee to trade for that Machop
--Train Hai and said Machop
--participate in the Bug Catching Contest

Got the game two days ago, (HG) and am currently training my Eevee, Apollo the soon to be Espeon.

Current Team

Roland the Quilava, level 21
Francheska the Flaafy, Level 21*PokeRus!*
Ellen the Poliwag, Level 21
Blanche the Gloom, Level 21
Harriet the Murkrow, Level 21
Apollo the Eevee, level 16*

I've been using the Pokewalker alot. I keep it in my pocket in school, and by walking around school, my play rehearsal, and Wal-mart while buying Soul Silver, I managed to collect 300+ watts!

Beat Clair, got me Extreme Speed Dratini, and finally beat the Kimono Girls. Training my team mainly so I can catch Ho-oh, but it'll also help me face the league.

[Icerain] Lapras (F) Level 26
[Sunstream] Espeon (M) Level 29
[Flametail] Quilava (F) Level 29
[Olivine] Flaaffy (F) Level 29
[Hazy] Golem (M) Level 29
[Minuit] Noctowl (F) Level 29

If there's one thing I'm good at, it's playing the trumpet making everyone around me miserable MULTITASKING. So I spent an hour mindlessly training while watching Seinfeld, and Sunstream evolved~!

Still trainin' for Jasmine. Not much longer though!

I'm stuck at Chuck. XD I tried once, then figured out I should use Yasha against the Primeape and Envy against the Poliwrath because all of Yasha's moves are not so effective against Poliwrath.Envy's level 35, though. He'll probably evolve in a couple minutes. EVOLVED
I had a question but I forgot it. xD

Feraligatr
Yasha [F] Torrent
Lv 31 ~ Hasty
-Crunch
-Agility
-Surf
-Ice Fang

Pidgeot
Envy [M] Keen Eye
Lv 36 ~ Sassy
-Twister
-FeatherDance
-Gust
-Quick Attack

Goldeen
Hanabi [F] Swift Swim
Lv 31 ~ Naive
-Peck
-Aqua Ring
-Water Pulse
-Fury Attack

Eevee
Shadowmoon [F] Run Away
Lv 11 ~ Naive
-Tail Whip
-Tackle
-Helping Hand
-Sand-Attack

Last edited:
Bugsy has been beaten! He was much easier than Falkner. He didn't have Scyther use U-turn, so I managed to beat it first with Flaro, who evolved just before the battle(it beat Hanara, though). After that I just switched in Togi to give him some EXP.

My Bugsy beating team(all Lv. 14:)

Hanara/Hoothoot(F)
Flaro/Quilava(M)
Togi/Togepi(M)
Meowth egg from Pt
Slasho/Sandshrew(M)
Zaro/Mareep(M)

Been walking a lot with my PokeWalker. Managed to get in about 14000 steps today and catch a Magnemite and Onix for the hell of it. And I have a question. Via the PokeWalker, is it possible to get Hoenn or Sinnoh Pokemon before obtaining the National Pokedex in game?

Anyways, today I fought Pryce twice. The first time I kept falling asleep since it was really early, so I made a lot of screw-ups, and the second time I only won because Weepinbell managed to get 5 hits in with Bullet Seed. Then I did a little stuff at the "Game Corner" (in quotes because I no longer consider it a Game Corner) and I got myself a Leaf Stone at the Pokeathlon Dome by fastforwarding time. This means that I can evolve my Weepinbell as soon as she learns Razor Leaf. I'm working on defeating those Team Rocket bastards at the Radio Tower. I finally got Quilava a decent move (yay Lava Plume!) and my Quilava is evolving right as I am typing this.

Blaziking's SoulSilver Team
Misdreavus Lv. 30 (F) (She levels up really fast, which is GREAT)
Slowpoke Lv. 32 (F) (Can't wait to evolve her ><)
Kenya (Fearow) Lv. 33 (F) (Haven't used her in a while...I think the last time was the battle with Chuck, O.O)
Weepinbell Lv. 33 (F) (Saved my ass with Pryce, so I appreciate her greatly for that)
Typhlosion Lv. 36 (F) (FINALLY EVOLVED YES. I love Quilava and all but, Typhlosion is better :D)

And something I literally just noticed - some of my Pokemon's stats are differently colored. (For instance, my Misdreavus has a slightly reddish tint for "Attack" and a slightly bluish tint for "Defense"). Is this their way for making IV's more noticeable or something?

I'm about to wake up Snorlax. I beat Lt. Surge, but I think I'm gonna do the rest of the Kanto leaders in order.

Back
Top Bottom