• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easier to dig a hole than build a pole. D:

Pretty much

the poor results and giant scars are the reasons I'm not planning on ever getting one. Those combined with the price and rarity of surgeons willing to do it...

Of that list, I've seen Billy Elliot, Bound, Brokeback, half of Fucking Amal (which, by the way, is the most random movie title ever), The History Boys (as a play, not the movie), Kissing Jessica Stein and Rocky Horror.

That list was totally written by a gay man, though. No lesbian would rate Kissing Jessica Stein over films like When Night is Falling, Imagine Me & You, Lost and Delirious, Better than Chocolate or even D.E.B.S.

And Bound's decent, but it's not like the characters are particularly relatable (that said, it was directed by the guys who made the Matrix films).

Milk didn't show at any cinemas near me (there's an adorable picture house in Clapham that was showing it and I was gonna go, but it clashed with my friend's a-capella choir's gig), but I think the uni's LGBT society is gonna show it at the uni cinema at some point.

Well, Danni, that's because gay men are so much better at being gay than you silly lesbians. Silly, silly lesbians!

(:P)

lesbians are too hot for television :<

It's sad because it's true. There's not a single lesbian character on non-cable TV in the US, and the handful of female bisexuals are getting royally screwed over (case in point: Thirteen in House, half the cast of Grey's Anatomy).

They've randomly made the lesbian character in Nip/Tuck straight, and they've killed off one of the main characters in the final season of The L Word. Not cool.

Things are marginally better in the UK with a new lesbian plotline in Skins and something happening in Hollyoaks (which I refuse to watch on the grounds that it's God-awful).

I've been comforting myself by watching loads of Murder in Suburbia, which is a brilliant UK crime-murder-mystery-cop programme that only has 12 episodes, but the lead characters have more subtext than House and Wilson.

rantrantrant.

So:

on valentine's mom gave me a card that read 'to the perfect daughter' and had a poem about things stereotypical daughters do.

Thanks mom.

More subtext than House and Wilson?
So do they just fuck on-screen or what.

They share a bed (in a hotel's honeymoon suite of all things). And constantly discuss growing old together. And touch hands a lot. And have lots of jealous glaring at guys the other might be interested in. (see 7:57 onwards here) Shame there's only two six-episode seasons. I love them~

So:

on valentine's mom gave me a card that read 'to the perfect daughter' and had a poem about things stereotypical daughters do.

Thanks mom.

Oh Verne ):

Have you talked to her about it? Because that's just plain mean.

Yeah, well, no, I'm too reserved. Instead I just quietly fume and expect her to read these posts.

Acceptable_Lifestyle.gif

What's up with the weird, sudden drops in 2003 and 2007?

Hurrr me again.

Dustin Lance Black won best screenplay for screen with Milk. He got up there and gave this really great speech about how when his family moved to California and he heard about Harvey Milk it gave him hope about his future and falling in love and getting married -- at the end he directed his speech at the gay and lesbian kids in America and about how they will soon have equal rights and that no matter what people say they are beautiful people and God loves them.

I had to go get ice cream so I wouldn't cry. :c

On my school's internet system, anything relating to homosexuality is blocked as 'Alternative Lifestyles'. ;_; Sites like AfterEllen, Queer Youth Network etc.

(and anything with the word 'paganism' or 'wicca' on it is blocked as 'occult'. my school really sucks sometimes. o_0)

I'm going to try transgenderism and see if that's blocked as 'Alternative Lifestyles' as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom