• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

The Illinois Senate passed a bill for marriage equality!

So this will make ten states (and DC) that will have legalized same-sex marriage, I think.

Wheeeeey, that's great! :D We're actually a whole bunch closer to marriage equality in the UK now; the bill passed through the House of Commons with a pretty big majority the other day. It's actually really strange, because lots of the Tories I have a special dislike-chamber in my heart for (Theresa May, George Osborne, Cammy himself) sent letters to the Conservative MPs telling them to vote the bill through and I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL about these people fighting my corner. It feels like being in Opposite-Land.

Fynx said:
I'm. Coming out to a significant portion of the student body and community on the 28th. It's Senior Night and senior members of the basketball team and spirit organisations are recognised (and given a short bio).

I'm more worried I'd be the only one there without my parents present.

Good luck! I bet you'll do amazingly :)

We're totes going to get gay marriage. it's still unequal though because gay couples have no consummation requirement nor is adultery automatically grounds for divorce.

and gays can still get civil partnerships

yay rights!

We're totes going to get gay marriage. it's still unequal though because gay couples have no consummation requirement nor is adultery automatically grounds for divorce.

But how can lesbians have proper sex? If sex doesn't involve a penis, it doesn't count! If it was good enough for Queen Vic, it's good enough for us!

Seriously though, this is also why there's no age of consent for lesbians, and I'm pretty sure British law doesn't recognize non-consensual sex not involving penile penetration as rape.

It's because Conservatives aren't actually made of dark, festering evil - we actually have some pretty sensible views!

On an unrelated note I lost my virginity today. Woo gay.

No, the Conservatives are p much evil. they've just got a slightly pink tinge to it.

woo gay! hooray.

on a similar note i'm seeing a new man. he's lovely.

But how can lesbians have proper sex? If sex doesn't involve a penis, it doesn't count! If it was good enough for Queen Vic, it's good enough for us!

Seriously though, this is also why there's no age of consent for lesbians, and I'm pretty sure British law doesn't recognize non-consensual sex not involving penile penetration as rape.

you shut up about lesbian sex it's not real how dare you even suggest that it's possible for two women to have sex without a penis

!!!!

Yeah, I don't think it does. It's terrible. :(

can his GP refer him (her?) to a gender clinic?
apparently there is one in exeter, not sure how close that is to you though since your profile only says SW england.

also if she's not 18 yet it might be a bit difficult anyway, i was told to wait until i was 18 before i could be referred

if she's like, completely sure she wants to transition then trying for a referral sooner rather than later would be best since loads of clinics have some mega waiting times for appointments... i got lucky with my place, i only had to wait 2-3 months. apparently the one in leeds has a 3 year wait jfc

also
do you know how long ago she told her parents? if it was kinda recent then yeah they could come around to it eventually. nearly 4 years later and my mum is only JUST getting used to the idea about me being male. my dad was a lot quicker to accept though

i've been on facebook and I noticed that a lot of people's avatars are red and have an = or > symbol (like this
28140_10151306683681717_1199648563_n.jpg
) is this related to LGBT subjects in any way? (I'm asking this because that particular one is on the LGBTQ facebook page)

Pinsir: Yeah, it's in support of equal marriage in the US from the day SCOTUS (Supreme Court) began discussing Prop 8.

(On a semi-related note, I'm not entirely sure where I stand on the importance of equal marriage in the grand scheme of QUILTBAG rights; on the one hand, I think it's a really big step in the right direction, but on the other hand I know there's a lot of other issues that are really important as well (likelihood of homelessness in particular))

IN OTHER NEWS my sis came out to my parents as ace and they seem super cool about it! My dad's a little confused about it (which I can understand, because it's definitely a lesser-known thing), and I'm not entirely sure what my mom said cause i wasn't there (neither my younger sis or I even knew it happened until my younger sis said "hey now you just gotta tell mom" and my older sis was all "no I did that") but from what I heard she was cool with it.

They seem pretty cool about bisexuality too (for the most part: My dad thinks it's exclusively feminine, which...is a little strange, but oh well. Either way that's more accepting than some people I've seen), so I should probably come out to them too...but I don't really think I'm ready for that. (For reasons including "jesus christ is my crush THAT OBVIOUS when you take away my assumed heterosexuality")

Apparently both houses in France have passed a bill to legalize not only same-sex marriage but also allows them to adopt children too. However, this isn't exactly legalized just yet, just passed by the houses. This is because the Senate made some modifications to it, and it needs to be sent back down to get reapproved I guess. source.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but!

wiki said:
Same-sex marriage will become legal in New Zealand on 19 August 2013. A bill for the legalisation was passed by the New Zealand House of Representatives on 17 April 2013, 77 votes to 44 in its third and final reading, and received the Royal Assent on 19 April 2013.[1][2]
so maybe Australia will be like 'oh damn we should get on that' because Aus support for gay marriage is the same as New Zealand (something like 60-65%), it's just that our politicians are like 'no because of reasons'.

Uh, I think I mentioned awhile back I was gonna post photos of my top surgery results, so here they are. Taken on a camera phone so the quality isn't so great, but my flashy, high-tech camera seems to have died for good. BLAH.

Standing up
Close up

So yeah, no scarring, and I'm really pleased with the results. No more binders, plus I can wear sleeveless shirts and go swimming. I really feel like it's improved my quality of life, and I'm still overwhelmed that I got this covered on the NHS. Before my therapist talked to me about it, I spent the longest time thinking "oh jesus how am i gonna afford this" because I was doing all my research about surgery on American sites. I can't even begin to describe my relief when I realised it was completely covered. (even the travel and food!)

So, now I've fully recovered, I've begun discussing bottom surgery with my therapist. Phalloplasty is what I've decided on, because the metoidioplasty doesn't achieve what I want, and I don't think I'd be satisfied with it. The current goal is for possible surgery a year from now, the main tricky part is finding a way to juggle it with my courses and work placement. I'm aiming to finish my I.T course at the minute, so that's roughly 9 months from now. I'm really excited in general about it.

wow your chest looks great! happy for you, man :D

hopefully this should be happening for me too next year.... omg is travel and food and stuff really covered on the nhs though that's the best thing i've ever heard

and good luck with the phalloplasty!!

Back
Top Bottom