• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

I intend to come out to my dad soon. Although he used to be really homophobic, his views have definitely softened since then, so I feel safer taking a chance.

after 9 months of being delayed for top surgery they are referring me for it right now.
may 2015 hell fuckin yea

I got a date for my phalloplasty surgery on the 5th of February. I'm still kind of in shock about it, because it just felt like one of those far off pipe dreams. But yeah, I'm really nervous and excited.

I'm glad I went on tumblr, because there seem to be a lot of trans men in their early twenties going through the same surgery with the London team. It makes me feel a lot more at ease.

I got a date for my phalloplasty surgery on the 5th of February. I'm still kind of in shock about it, because it just felt like one of those far off pipe dreams. But yeah, I'm really nervous and excited.

I'm glad I went on tumblr, because there seem to be a lot of trans men in their early twenties going through the same surgery with the London team. It makes me feel a lot more at ease.

This is tomorrow! Best of luck - very excited for you.

Congrats dude!

Byrus, we need an update my friend!

How is everyone, btw?

LGBT news-wise in my life, besides putting myself out there and talking to new people (omg, I've been talking to this new woman the last few days, she's absolutely amazing and like no one else I've ever met) I tried restarting the LGBT alliance at my old high school. Note, it's a private Catholic school. I started it a few years ago, right after I had graduated, but it got removed after the whole "Vote Yes/No" thing that happened here in MN and the same-sex marriage ban got the boot. I applied about two weeks ago to have it restarted, but it's been a battle. I originally started it in late 2009 after there was a freshman that year that commited suicide after some bullying and some family issues. I kept in contact with the kids that were in the program, and from what I hear from then, the group is still needed now more than ever and I'm trying to get it back. Fighting the damn board the whole way. It's annoying as hell.

oh man i didn't talk about coming out to my college friends. well most of them anyway, some of them weren't there by virtue of GRADUATING (grumble grumble) but yeah basically everyone knows

i kinda springboarded off another friend who had recently discovered her own bisexuality and was super chill with it so i was like "wait you're bi cool me too"

basically everyone was super chill, one friend was being kinda an asshole but we talked and i feel a little better

YEAH BYRUS WHENEVER YOU GET A CHANCE PLS TELL US HOW IT WENT

me: got a consultation for top surgery on the 18th, actual surgery will be may/june i think.
also currently have a girlfriend (who is also bi) and am still surrounded by straight people irl 24/7. is rather tiring.

do any other bi/pan/whatev people get the weird guilt feeling when you are in an opposite sex relationship and it's like. you could very well appear straight. and you just feel bad about that. like you're not Gay™ enough.

I've felt that way in the past, yeah, but what helped me through that is remembering that my sexuality is a defining part of me but isn't my definition; I don't have to act Gay™ just because I am, just like a girl doesn't have to act like a stereotypical girl just because she's a girl.

do any other bi/pan/whatev people get the weird guilt feeling when you are in an opposite sex relationship and it's like. you could very well appear straight. and you just feel bad about that. like you're not Gay™ enough.

I am bi and am not currently in an opposite-sex relationship, but for me, it would be quite the opposite. If I were in such a relationship, appearing straight would actually be a way of survival for me (as it already is, but in a lesser sense, every day).

Fuck this country.

I can say that I have, then again I've never dated a straight person

Last edited:
Thanks for the well wishes, guys! Unfortunately, my surgery date had to be changed from the 5th to the 25th of Feb. Kinda annoying but unavoidable. On the plus side, I have figured out how to make posts from my android phone (before that, it was stuffing up on me for some reason), so I should be able to post updates alright.

I'm straight, but I have a similar problem to this in that... I dunno, I guess it still feels new to me that I can be in relationship with a woman and have (most of) the same privileges as a straight guy. I still sort of find myself trying to prepare for the inevitable homophobic slurs before I actually remember that I don't have to deal with those anymore. It creates a strange sort of guilt for me too, especially when my lesbian friends talk about what they have to deal with.

I found this place while trying to search for something. Coincidence, or stroke of luck?

Either way, hello everyone... I'm not exactly sure how to introduce myself here, or even if I'm allowed to. Regardless, I'll get to the meat and potatoes.

I am a male. Physically, at least. I have never been happy with it, and for the longest time, I have wished to be female. As for sexuality, I like everyone. Male, female, trans, and if it were possible, the genderless. I am into a person for their personality (Looks, intelligence and such are just icing on the cake

... Sorry if this is a random, scatterbrained opening. I am simply unsure of what to say/do here. This is my first time talking about this particular subject in public.

I found this place while trying to search for something. Coincidence, or stroke of luck?

Either way, hello everyone... I'm not exactly sure how to introduce myself here, or even if I'm allowed to.

Sure, of course you are.

Regardless, I'll get to the meat and potatoes.

I am a male. Physically, at least. I have never been happy with it, and for the longest time, I have wished to be female. As for sexuality, I like everyone. Male, female, trans, and if it were possible, the genderless. I am into a person for their personality (Looks, intelligence and such are just icing on the cake

... Sorry if this is a random, scatterbrained opening. I am simply unsure of what to say/do here. This is my first time talking about this particular subject in public.

No problem.

From what the description you've given us is, it seems to me that you're MtF (male-to-female) transgender, and pansexual, so yeah, you'll be right at home in this thread. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.)

Back
Top Bottom