• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they're reposes. Umbreon is in Vulpix's SoulSilver pose, and Vaporeon is in Flareon's RSE pose.

Last edited:
Been a while since I've done a pixel-over. This one is of the Delta species Ninetales. I'm sure there are many wonky spots as my skills have rusted since last time. :|

2rmnjv4.jpg

So I finally got a new spriting program (one that actually works well on Mac, called Pixen), and have cranked out some sprites for the first time in a while. But I haven't made enough to warrant my own thread yet :P. So here are the first few attempts:

psyducktest.png

A straight Psyduck recolor, just to get used to the pallete system of the program.

meganiumgscrevamp.png

A revamp of the Gold Meganium sprite. Not my best attempt, needs to be brighter, no? And the "collar," mouth, and eyes are just bugging me but I can't figure out how to fix them.

relicanthaskyogreveryro.png

Originally supposed to be Relicanth disguised as Kyogre, but it ended up being more of a simple splice of the two. IMO, it's okay, but it can be more exciting. I know the red eyes and mouth don't look good, that was part of the original attempt to disguise that I forgot to change.

poisonhippowdon.png

Hippowdon made to look Poison-type. One of the first first sprites I made in Pixen that ACTUALLY LOOKED GOOD.

10pas5k.png

I noticed the similarities between Espeon's tail and Deoxys' arms and went to work. Any comments or criticism?

10pas5k.png

I noticed the similarities between Espeon's tail and Deoxys' arms and went to work. Any comments or criticism?
Very original. The (our) right eye seems droopy, though, and the middle back part doesn't blend well with the back of the body, if you know what I mean.
pkchao-goldeentrans.png

Goldeen chao. C+CC?

The head is wide, bt I suppose that's unavoidable with a chao. Very nice, you did an especially good job with the fins.
Threw this one together out of boredom:
thethingmamogengdactyl.png

Someone mind telling me what the hell I just created? :|

A monsteh, as far as I can tell. It's good, although the eyes clash badly with the face's color.

Pixen is better suited to pixel art than GIMP is, and it's the only pixel program with layers.

Bleh, you don't need layers. Just give me a decently sized canvas, a couple of selection tools, a paint bucket, and a pencil tool. Anyone else agree with me here?

....I suppose I should get to some spriting. Don't think I've done anything in a while, and I do have a request to make.

So does GraphicsGale! I've always used that for some reason. Changing to something else would feel odd.

Paint.net isn't pixel-specific either. But GraphicsGale is why is nobody listening to me

Okay, can we leave it at that, I don't really think this is the place to discuss that.
CrystalVaporeonrevamp-1.png

Gold Vaporeon revamp, C+C please

A monsteh, as far as I can tell. It's good, although the eyes clash badly with the face's color.

Yeah, I thought so. Although I don't know what color I should use...suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom