• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Torn Village [Now Started]

Mark woke up, and detatched himself from a twisted, angular tree. Falling a few feet to the ground, Mark uprighted himself and scuttled off to a river that went off of the side of the cliff. Instead of a waterfall, the river continued down as if there was some sort of gravity pressing down on it from the side. It was vertigo-inducing, and took some getting used to. Mark found a shallow section of the stream and jumped in, drinking his fill from the gurgling water. Shaking himself off, the ancient Pokemon crawled away to meet with the rest of his Team.

((Dusk was thinking that, by the way... He was thinking random things. Maybe I should have said that. ))

Raven rustled in her nest as she unfolded her wings. She had just woken up, but she was already prepared for flight. With a beautiful, long call, she took off into the air and soared above the world, as if it were all hers. After a few minutes of airing her feathers out, she swooped down to the middle of Team Sky Blue's base.

Vine untangled himself from the thorn bush he slept in. He immediately shot an arm out and grabbed onto a low-hanging branch, pulling himself into the air and swinging himself over to another nearby tree, and moved through the jungle in the same way. He opened his mouth, hidden under his vines, and caught a few unlucky bugs for breakfast, before heading towards the Team base.

((I shall start off with EPIC MEMORY DREAM))

She was reaching out her claws to slice Dialga's flank. 'Come in close,' she was thinking. 'Dialga will have to physically attack you then, and it's weaker with physical attacks.'
She succeeded, and blood sprayed from the fresh wound. Dialga roared with pain and fury, returning a Dragon Claw of its own.
Now it was her own turn to be in pain and angered as the sharp steel claws ripped through her wing and she crashed to the ground. Her best trait, the one she had waited so long for, gone.
Blind with rage, she smashed a foot into the ground, and smirked devilishly as the Earthquake rooted Dialga to the spot, the seismic waves still clanging around in its armor for a few seconds after it ended.
She sensed that Dialga was weakening, but she was too. She had to finish the battle quickly to gain control of time.
In the few seconds she took to think up her next strategy, Dialga let out an earsplitting roar, which seemed to distort the fabric of time itself.
The Roar of Time was too powerful, and she crumbled to the ground she detested so much. She stubbornly tried to get up, but her limbs failed her, and she fell back to unconciousness.
Dialga stood above her bleeding form. "Power is only for those who can handle it," it said. "Now you shall pay for attempting to seize control against the way things were made."
It roared loudly, and the next thing she remembered was waking up with the many legs and tail spikes of a Wurmple.

Dreamer's eyes fluttered open, her mind clouded with the rage of being defeated. She should've atleast been able to challenge Dialga again!
But she had been transformed into this infernal weakling by that tyrant.
Dialga will pay, she thought. Smirking, she crawled off to find breakfast.

In his deep sleep, Achamo began to dream.

He could hear someone giggling, so close but so far away. He began to make out the silhouette. Whoever was giggling began to run towards him. The small Pokemon's smiling face... Achamo began to recognize it. Torchic! Achamo realized. The smiling Torchic jumped up and down and tried to snuggle Achamo. This was his son, so happy to see him. Abruptly, Achamo awoke.

Darn, why do I keep having these dreams? Achamo thought. Yesterday, Scarlet was in my dreams. Now Torchic. I guess I've been longing for my old family lately. Achamo sat up. He lived in a small cabin near the Vertigo Waterfall, so named for the strange way the water flows up rather than down. It gives some Pokemon vertigo. Ah well, I have no time to recall dreams. I've got to meet up with Grovyle and the others at Torn Center!

Achamo made his way there, admiring the strange plants and floating platforms he had to get used to all the time he was here. There, at Torn Center, Grovyle was speaking with all the explorers that had gathered there with his secretary Celebi at his side.

Mark, after scuttling for several minutes along the twisted forest floor, arrived at the Torn Center and crawled to the area in which the gathering was to take place. Taking a seat, he turned his attention towards the Pokemon already there, namely Achamo, Celibi, and Grovyle.

Last edited:
"Team Sky Blue!" Raven sang. "Wake up! We have an important mission today!" She flapped her wings impatiently. Where were her allies?

How could you do this? I thought we were allies,” Yi heard her voice call out, without even opening her mouth, at a dark figure whom stood in front of her.

Allies? Heh, you are too naive. After hearing that you were from the future, I knew the only way to get rid of a pest like you was to gain your trust,” the dark figure turned towards her unleashing some sort of dark power, causing her to fade into darkness.

Yi’s eyes shot open, awaking from her nightmarish dream. Her teeth clenched tightly together, regretting ever letting herself to be tricked so easily. The Espeon rose from where she laid and began to make her way towards Torn Center.

Already, the purple pokemon could see some of the other pokemon there.

"I challenge you, Espeon." Moon stated clearly enough so the enemies' leader, an Espeon, could hear. "Hmmm...you challenge me?!" it replied. "Yes, I do." Moon answered the question, already knowing his fate.
"Fine then...have it your way." and with that, a white flash. Moon and his enemy were back to back. they started walking away from each other...

Moon awoke from his memory and knew it was time to go to Torn Center. When he got there, he noticed there were already others there, an Espeon, Kabuto, Celebi, Grovyle and Blaziken.

Something came to Dusk's head.

Torn Center? Oh, yes. He had forgotten.

The Vaporeon hurried out in time to see another Pokemon arribing on the scene. He was the third feline at the moment, the other four being not feline.

"Torn Center!" Raven called to the still-sleeping members, and flew to the center. There were already lots of Pokemon gathered, but she didn't mind being late or anything.

[Can I assume that I've been accepted? If not, I'll delete this post and repost my char sheet.]

The cries of his pack resounded in his ears, their shrill voices screeching at him to run, run far away from them. He didn't belong there! with his frightening colours. Why was he born like this? He would never get an answer, never a chance.

He did run. Far. But alas, he was frightened, both by himself and the outside surroundings. He didn't know how to forage, like the quilava, or hunt, like the typhlosion. He had never been taught how to make shelter, or even how to use an Ember attack. He was hopeless, he was starving, he was dehydrating, he was dying.

'Come, little cyndaquil', a voice called out to him. He was too weak to raise his head, to utter a sound to ask who it was. 'My name is Giratina,' the voice continued, 'and I am going to take you to a village where you'll be protected from those nasty pokémon. There you will learn the meaning of friendship and how to fight for yourself. Come, little one..'

He couldn't see the figure. But he saw the dark tendrils around him, helping him to stand, helping him to walk towards that shining light..

Tempest woke. That dream.. How long had he been here since then.. Then he searched around the base. Where were his team members? He.. he shouldn't, couldn't disappoint them now! What if there was a young nidoran to be saved? What if a mother butterfree had lost her caterpie in a dungeon? He rushed towards the Torn Center.

[EDIT: hell, I wrote more than I realized. sorry 'bout that~]

((You were accepted. Now that the RP's started, I'll only reply to sign-ups if there's something wrong. You're still added to the list.))

:3

Name: Richard (Nickname: Rich)
Species: Grovyle
Team: Cobalt
Ranking: Member
Appearance:
11j2ceq.png

Personality: Richard is quite greedy, and can not get enough of money and fame. The one thing he searches for now is immortality, and, he thinks Giratina can give him that.
How the character died: As a normal Pokémon, Rich, was very rich (xD), and because of that he had many enemies. Because of an enemy attack, he lost his left arm, and had it replaced with steel auto-mail. He can move it, use it as weapon, and defence. After that, he had raised the security of his house, and he had many guards and servants.

One day, a servant who served Rich's enemies, placed a bomb in his house. Many innocent Pokémon died, including Rich, and so he was erased from time, so that all the pokémon who died could live again, as it never happened.
Other: ... I dunno. I hope I'm not too late.

(GOGO GADGET ROBO-ARM :DD)

Dreamer had finished her daily breakfast of leaves.
Leaves. She hated them, yet she was forced to eat them nonstop to satisfy her hunger. She had tried eating meat once; her Wurmple digestive system told her to never try again.
Boiling thoughts of fury and revenge swirled in her mind as she crawled in to the Torn Center, so much so that she could barely hear what Grovyle was saying.

Achamo folded his arms and tried his best to stay awake. Grovyle was speaking, but most of the words went right through him. He had an awful time sleeping the night before.

"Pokemon of the Torn World," said Grovyle. "Our great leader and protector, Giratina, is not with us now. We haven't heard anything from him for months. But not to worry. Our brave explorers have stepped up to the task. First, let us show our gratitude!" The crowd began to clap and cheer, still not entirely sure what was to happen. "They have volunteered to form Exploration Teams and search for our Giratina!"

Grovyle stopped pumping up the crowd and instead, his words were now aimed at the explorers. "Giratina makes his home at Torn Valley. That should be the first place you go. You will be split into the teams you have chosen to affiliate with. Now..." Grovyle glanced over at the Clock Tower. "I would like you all to report back here tommorrow morning to receive a briefing on your mission." Grovyle finished as Celebi appeared to be writing something down on a tablet. "Thank you, Grovyle. Everyone is dismissed."

Back
Top Bottom