• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TMI Time: Virginity

Are you a virgin?

• Total voters
Honestly, the thing about sex is, it feels good!

Not as gross as you think. You know what's gross? Necrosis on wikipedia. Sex isn't gross.

Sex is pretty gross. I remember when I first found out about it, I was all 'I'm meant to put my what in her WHAT?! You're joking, right?'
But then, when I first found out about honey and lemon, I was all 'you're meant to mix this with WHAT?!'. Turns out, honey and lemon is really good for you, and tastes fucking amazing.

I don't get this whole 'sex is gross' thing. You don't think of it as gross to masturbate (unless you've had an absolutely screwed-up childhood), and sex is just masturbating someone else... kind of.

Well, that's not too bad, I thought of how they found a shoebox full of labias in Ed Gein's house. :I
Not as gross as you think. You know what's gross? Necrosis on wikipedia. Sex isn't gross.
AoGS_Edgeworth_52.jpg

Guys, some people just don't like sex. Get over it. And yeah, some people don't like to masturbate. Shocking I know.

I don't get this whole 'sex is gross' thing. You don't think of it as gross to masturbate (unless you've had an absolutely screwed-up childhood)
What? Masturbating is completely gross. Actually, it's grosser than sex! I was okay with the idea of sex long before I was okay with masturbation because at least then the only body parts in contact with the grossness are parts that are already gross. Getting hands involved, as in the things that you eat and type and do stuff with? Ewww. (You know what's even grosser than masturbation? French kissing. Though that's not as bad as oral sex.)

Anyway, because evolution is good at eliminating these kinds of hinderments to procreation, it turns out most people just kind of stop caring about the grossness once they're sufficiently turned on, and eventually you even get used to it to the point where it doesn't even seem that gross when you aren't turned on at all. It's magic! Suddenly you just want to kiss your boyfriend and you don't give a damn about the fact you're eating his saliva in the process. Imagine that.

But the viewpoint that sex just isn't gross simply puzzles me.

No, you guys are all wrong. It's not gross, and it's not weird.

Sex is fuckin' hilarious. Scientific fact. Penises? Hilarious. Vaginas? Adorable. Testicles? Never-ending levels of hysteria. Butts? All wiggly and bouncy. Shit can't be taken seriously.

(Yes, my boyfriend probably hates me.)

I love your outlook and I want to marry it.

Not you though. I understand you're in a relationship or somethin.

Sex is fuckin' hilarious. Scientific fact. Penises? Hilarious. Vaginas? Adorable. Testicles? Never-ending levels of hysteria. Butts? All wiggly and bouncy. Shit can't be taken seriously.

Reasons why I will forever be a virgin: I would burst out into fits of uncontrollable laughter halfway through.

Yeah. My last (only) girlfriend didn't want to go beyond holding hands after four months together, which was kind of silly, considering she was the one who showed interest in me in the first place :V
And I'm too much of an anti-social git and I'm terrible at meeting people. I don't think I could do the conventional dating thing.

Um, what exactly is wrong with not wanting to do anything except holding hands after four months? If that's all someone's ready for, it's not up to you to decide that they're being silly! Also "showing interest" (which sounds like you just mean that she asked you out?) does not mean that someone wants to kiss you right now or do anything else. If you'd like to go beyond holding hands a lot sooner, maybe that's not the right person for you (because it's also okay for you to have your own things that you want in a relationship!), but you can't just say she was being silly - it's her choice!

And lots and lots and lots of people aren't ready for sex after four months, it's a big deal for people and lots wait for much longer than that!

Honestly, the thing about sex is, it feels good!

If it feels good for you, great! That's not necessarily the case for everyone, and it may be the case that it does or would feel good to someone, but that they still find it gross, and that's fine. If someone finds sex gross, it doesn't mean ey's unenlightened and just needs to be taught how amazing and wonderful it is, it just means ey finds sex gross, and that's okay, because not everyone has to have or like sex.

It shouldn't be treated as an awful secret immoral thing, but it also shouldn't be treated as if everyone ever wants to have sex as much as possible and anyone who says otherwise is lying or dumb. It's fine not to like sex.

I don't get this whole 'sex is gross' thing. You don't think of it as gross to masturbate (unless you've had an absolutely screwed-up childhood), and sex is just masturbating someone else... kind of.

Why are you assuming that absolutely everyone likes and participates in solo-sex...? Someone can have a perfectly normal or great childhood and still find it gross, and there are even people who have never even tried because they just don't want to! And someone can be grossed out by solo-sex and not by partnered sex, or vice versa - adding anyone else into it makes it a lot different!

I think masturbation is gross but I still do it anyway
and my childhood was fine
where the hell d'you even get an assumption like that from? crikey

Reasons why I will forever be a virgin: I would burst out into fits of uncontrollable laughter halfway through.

This is real. This is me.

I laughed the first time I saw my boyfriend's dick. Please note that his dick is /perfectly normal/ and there is nothing wrong with it; I just laughed because man, foreskins are so CUTE!

This is real. This is me.

I laughed the first time I saw my boyfriend's dick. Please note that his dick is /perfectly normal/ and there is nothing wrong with it; I just laughed because man, foreskins are so CUTE!
oh god I did this too with my first boyfriend! agreeing a lot that foreskins/testicles are amusing. :D

(also am I the only one here who doesn't find penises particularly ugly??)

I never said they were ugly! They're funny, which is a whole other realm of awesome.

I don't find sexual organs gross, but dirtier than the rest of the body... Engaging in oral sex can be difficult for me, because you never know how well the other person takes care of their stuff unless you've been in a relationship for some time.

It's ok if you like sex or not, want to preserve yourself until marriage, or whatever. Sex isn't the be all, end it all of a relationship. Being literally and willingly sexually attacked by a woman much older than me taught me the wrong idea that sex was too important.

That being said, I like sex.

We have a term like "Lip Virgin" over here, called "Friggit", which I am no longer to be classed as thanks to one girl on a holiday and two at at a disco. Virgin-virgin? Currently fourteen, so not for a while, at least. We can do it legally at 16 here, though, but who cares about laws...

EDIT-The gif directly below will encapsulated the feeling pretty well, I gather.

Back
Top Bottom