• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Turducken - Awesome thing or just plain weird?

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
meat-turducken.jpg

Yo, thanks to reidman for that smokin' image.

Okay, Turducken is a chicken stuffed inside a duck stuffed inside a turkey. You're supposed to cook it for like nine hours and then eat it. You can also stuff it with like layers of bacon, sausage, or regular stuffing.

reidman said:
I’m not joking, this is a big deal in the south.

Discuss this and any other weird american food here.
...I'd totally eat that, but don't tell anyone!

...It looks, and sounds, absolutely revolting, to be blunt.

This is the greatest thing the southern US has ever invented
...which says little, but still! I'd totally fucking eat that~~~~~ I don't know whether or not I like duck but hey

isn't it just, you know, roast turkey, chicken, and duck? or does the stuffing factor change the taste or something?

Looks disgusting, but it might taste un-bad :3

Though considering it's spelt with both of the words "turd" and "uck" (which is like a noise someone makes when they don't like the taste of something), I doubt it.

(It also sounds vaguely Dutch/Scandinavian. Or is that just me?)

Looks disgusting, but it might taste un-bad :3

Though considering it's spelt with both of the words "turd" and "uck" (which is like a noise someone makes when they don't like the taste of something), I doubt it.

(It also sounds vaguely Dutch/Scandinavian. Or is that just me?)
If it were Swedish, it would mean "the lucky duck". (And that's "duck" as in "ducking", not the animal.) So, uh, yeah.

This looks absolutely delicious.

I just don't know how you go about stuffing a chicken-stuffed duck into a turkey.

Gross! D: -hates turkey and duck.-

I'd be like, the picky one at the table going >____> you people are freaks NOM THE CHICKEN AND RUUUUUUN

Wow. I never had duck, but to me turkey tastes a tad to dry and I usually only eat chicken fried or as tenders/fingers/nuggets, like at fast food restraunts. I'll eat chicken other ways, but those two are the most common.

Still, this looks...interesting. Maybe I can convince mom to stuff a chicken in a duck in a turkey.

Well, I'd try anything once...but.

Well, duck is really greasy. It doesn't seem like a good match-up for chicken and turkey.

Uh. I might have it once but I'm not that big on turkey or chicken (but duck is nuuuum). Also the name just keeps saying 'turdfucken' in my head, so er.

No, it looks absolutely disgusting. I like chicken and will have Turkey every once in a while, but I've never had duck, and all 3 together? No.

Back
Top Bottom