• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of fellow forumgoers

I also have real life experience, and opal is not a jerk. >:/

My personal opinion on the subject of talking behind people's backs: I would much rather know that people are talking about me behind my back than not know whether or not they are. If I know they're talking about me and what they're saying, I can examine myself more objectively, see if there is some truth to what they say and try to improve myself as a person.

Being completely in the dark is a situation from which no progress can be made. Obviously one would prefer if no progress needed to be made, and it can be a very nasty experience to find out just what people are saying about you, but in the long run it helps the person.

Now, I thought some of the crap being said about Arylett was rather unfair and making unnecessary assumptions about her, and that doesn't really help anyone, but if I were her I would still much rather know than not know.

The "We love you" spiel once she was in the channel was what really pissed me off; I was in the middle of typing out a "Yes, they were making fun of you, and stop that bullshit you people" when it came out that she already knew. :/

As for #tcod being a bunch of jerks, yeah, they are.
Not really; we're perfectly fine with most people coming in and trying to integrate themselves. I mean look at Midnight; she was a total ditz when she came in the first time but we took her in anyway and now she's a pretty cool kind of guy*. Contrary to popular belief, we spend very little time making fun of people. Arylett just happens to come off like a more stylized version of this. (Though we still didn't start out telling her she's a moron; we waited until she started throwing her fit to tell her she was being a moron. Dezzuu tried that "oh you're ~AWESOME~ ^_^" act I guess but :V)

*gender-neutral, of course

EDIT: why is the Dialga link color so similar to the text color?

Hey, it's not like I said it in a bad way - in fact, it reminds me of the time I used to spend in the now-defunct #trsrockin making fun of people behind their backs.

Back
Top Bottom