• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What kind of Poké Balls have you caught things in?

Re: What kind of Poké Balls have you caught things in?

Caught the Rotom in 2nd Ultra Ball thrown. HAVEN'T USED IT SINCE

My entire competitive team is bred, so...
Except Claydol. It is in a Premier Ball.

I think my crowning moment of awesome was catching Latias at full health in a great ball in Emerald. :v

I use great balls as my generic whatever-ball. If what I'm catching is really low-level I often won't even bother battling it and just throw great balls until I catch it. If it's something harder to catch like a legendary I'll buy some specialized balls (Dusk Balls/Quick Balls/whatever will work the best).

If I can, I'll try to capture Pokémon in a regular old Pokéball. I prefer its simple design compared to the other Pokéballs. Even though there's better options than Ultra balls, I still like to use them for catching legendaries. I always use the Master ball on the game's mascot out of habit. Unless it happens to be the Kanto games, which I use on whichever legendary its most convenient for.

Edit: Also, I try to have a hundred of each Pokéball in my games, which is quite frustrating with Apricot Balls. They also have some of my favorite designs, too.

Off-topic, it'd be more interesting if trainers' Pokémon would have more of a variety of Pokéballs. Yeah I know, a few notable trainers had custom seals, but it'd be a nice touch if you saw a Bug Catcher sending out a Net Ball or a Rich Trainer using a Luxury Ball.

Last edited:

I'll always try and capture Pokemon I like in exciting balls. I'm particularly fond of the Premier and Heal balls. Unfortunately, I breed Pokemon for my team a lot (for egg moves and such), so they're in the less-exciting Pokeballs by default ):

I caught Regice in a Pokeball once. That's about my only exciting story on this topic.

Off-topic
Yeah, that would be good. Bird catchers with Nest Balls, Super Nerds with Ultra Balls and stuff would be cool.

On-topic

Rayquaza. You know, the giant snake thing? Shiny, Full health, first turn, Pokéball. That's all you need to know

A lot of what Dannichu said, really. I have a little tradition though of catching the first Pokemon after my starter in a Premier Ball. I've done it with a Starly, a Poochyena, and some other stuff I can't remember. I really try not to breed so much because I want my Pokemon to be caught in interesting balls.

I tend to use lots of Dusk Balls too to catch things because I'm up at night a lot. And have an aversion towards Great Balls and Ultra Balls. I like to use the interesting more specific Pokeballs a lot.

Also, one of my favourite things: I've caught a Dialga in a Timer Ball. How appropriate. Ahaha.

Tendency to use Master Ball on Running Legendaries too. But because I was lazy and it took so much work the first try when I accidentally fainted it and was just like ARRRGH NOT DOING THAT AGAIN, I used it on Ho-Oh in my HG.

I caught my Dialga in a timer Ball on the first turn and my Palkia in a Net Ball on the second.

That reminds me... I think I caught Palkia in a Net Ball in my Platinum version, too. Kind of funny to see this giant 13-foot monster come out of the "made for bugs and small fish" ball. XD

Off-topic, it'd be more interesting if trainers' Pokémon would have more of a variety of Pokéballs. Yeah I know, a few notable trainers had custom seals, but it'd be a nice touch if you saw a Bug Catcher sending out a Net Ball or a Rich Trainer using a Luxury Ball.

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. Especially with Battle Frontier trainers... are we really supposed to believe that Palmer caught his Heatran, Regigigas, and Cresselia in regular Poké Ball? And Mira caught her Heatran and Moltres in regular Poké Balls? And Buck caught his full team of Regis in regular Poké Balls too? That's just way too many super-lucky people all in one place.

Well, either that or they miraculously discovered how to breed legendaries in captivity, and the ones they use are actually the kids of the original one they caught in some other kind of Poké Ball.

Speaking of breeding, they should throw in an option to choose what kind of Poké Ball the baby ends up in. It's a little odd to think of eggs actually being kept inside Poké Balls before they even hatch, or a Poké Ball just mysteriously appearing out of nowhere when the egg hatches...

The only special balls I have used are Net and my Master. I wasted used my Master on Giratina, and Net usually on Bugs and Waters.

I caught Rotom in a Poke Ball

I managed to catch my Lugia in SoulSilver in a Moon Ball. :D I only brought two or three of them along, too.

Friend once caught Kyogre at full health with a poke ball, first turn.

I once used an Action Replay to get 900 Safari Balls in my bag for the lulz and went around catching everything in them. That's about it.

I lucked out in Pearl and caught a Palkia as soon as the match began WITH A QUICK BALL.

It'd be much better if it was with a standard PokeBall.
I mock your unluckiness. I lucked out in Platinum and caught a shiny Palkia as soon as the match began with a Timer Ball. On my first try. No soft reset. Woo hoo.
Also, I caught Mewtwo (in SS) and Groudon (in Emerald) in a Premier Ball. I love those things.
And you should be allowed to change your Pokemon's Balls. It wouldn't hurt GameFreak to do that.

but if you /could/ change them, then people would have zekrom in a poke ball and say they 'caught' it that way. |:

*catch Pokémon in Master Ball*
*change Pokémon to Poké Ball*
*Vixie obtained one (1) Master Ball*

imokaywiththis.jpg

:I

I caught Kyogre with a Poke Ball because I used my Master Ball to catch a Lairon on my way to the Elite Four because I really wanted one for some reason. It took about 40+ Ultra Balls for me to catch Rayquaza and I ended up catching it with a Dive Ball XD.

In Diamond, I used my Master Ball on Dialga, and I used Ultra Balls for the three fairy things. Much more boring than my Sapphire adventures.

Lol, I love Aggron. But not that much.

I caught a ho-oh in a pokeball but it took a few days.

Back
Top Bottom