• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Well, You Thought Wrong

…Whoa. Jordan the contest judge is a guy? What the…okay, I seriously believed that he was a girl, since I know some girls named Jordan. And I thought Tate was a girl since they look alike and nobody refers to their genders…

I couldn't figure out how to leave the town in Crystal. Then, when I soon figured out I had to go into the lab, I wasted many restarts not knowing how to get out, since I had no idea how to get a Pokemon or even that I needed to. xD

…Whoa. Jordan the contest judge is a guy? What the…okay, I seriously believed that he was a girl, since I know some girls named Jordan. And I thought Tate was a girl since they look alike and nobody refers to their genders…

Jordan's a guy? wtf but she had the whole female sprite and everything.

Exactly the same here, including Bugsy.

It took me until Ruby to figure out that elec was weak to ground, and I was worried about my Marshtomp. When I first learned of shinys I thought it'd be easy to find them...

Kricketot originally looked like a Volbeat/Illumise evo to me...

I still don't understand how eevee's aren't 50/50 male female...

Originally I assumed Tucker was a female, most likely due to the Pixie-like appearance. Then I happened to watch the Anime episode he appears in. Tate and Liza both sound like girls' names, so the Anime cleared that up for me too.

When I saw the sugimori art for tated and Liza, I was sure I was wrong and tate was a girl, depsite what I thought(that he's a male, and I was right!).
And Tucker is quite creepy- I was sure for over 3 years that he was a woman, but only now realized he is simply some- super gay guy. Seriously.

I still don't understand how eevee's aren't 50/50 male female...
For the same reason starters aren't 50/50 (and, specially, Chikorita is likelier to be male than female).

Every Pokémon that you can only obtain as a "present" will have a 87.5/12.5 male-to-female gender ratio. That was probably put in there to restrict your ability to obtain more of that Pokémon through breeding -- even though Ditto solves that problem.

Also, obviously, this excludes genderless Pokémon -- such as the Porygon you can receive in Platinum.

I keep getting confused about whether the first-generation Water dual-types' pre-evolutions actually have the second type or not. I know Dewgong and Cloyster are Water/Ice and Starmie is Water/Psychic, but I keep forgetting if Seel, Shellder and Staryu are pure Water. Aside from those, I have always learned pretty quickly exactly what type every Pokémon is.

I'm... pretty sure Seel is Water/Ice. As for Shellder and Staryu, I'm quite sure that they're both pure water. Used to think Staryu was Water/Psychic until I started using one in-game.

Hosnap. Seriously? :/ I'm pretty sure Seel showed up when I searched Pokemon with the ice typing on Psypokes...

*checks*

I was delirious.

I think Jordan is a girl. Is there some way you can prove she's male? As in, is there a quote that mentions her as a he or something? :/

I myself am not sure now.... O_O

I thought that zapdos could lear a power 150 move from the move tutor for the starters in fire red.

About the Seel Ice thing. I realized that while I fought Pyrce one time. His Seel used Hail, and it took damage from it. So that was pretty much the determining factor.

I had always thought that Marill and Azumarill was from gen 1.

PIKABLU!!! =O

I used to think the Red Gyarados was the only "holographic" (my term for alternate coloring before I learned about shinies) Pokemon in existance. Not sure what I thought when I saw a shiny Pidgey all those years ago...all I know is that I never caught it, probably cause I thought it was a glitch or something.

I always thought Dragon Rage had a very high base power. Then, after seeing NO base power in my Pokedex book, I thought that it did NO damage. This might seem silly...

I can't think of anything relevant that I thought about Pokemon, aside from mispronouncing a few of their names and refusing to hear otherwise, but my best friend's 13-year-old sister is still convinced that Plusle and Minun evolve into Latias and Latios.

Back
Top Bottom