• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How are you feeling about the infamouse 12/21/12 date?

• OH GOD.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Not sure, but leaning to the "end-of-the-world side"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure, but leaning to the "not-gonna-happen side"

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Yeah right. I seriously doubt anything's going to happen.

Votes: 74 80.4%

• Total voters

Notoriously Unknown

Quick, somebody come up with a witty response!
Well? What do you guys think about it?
I'm not sure if something will happen, I mean, the sun has been going wild with solar flares and sun spots so who knows? I'm skeptical, but wary.

I have yet to see any convincing evidence that it's going to happen.

Furthermore, so what if it does happen? Knowing wouldn't matter, as we'd be powerless to stop it.

Can I just say this? Most (some...?) that think so go by the Mayan saying thing.

The saying itself has no mention of the world itself ending, iirc. More of a 'humanity turning over a new leaf.' Which prolly won't happen.

If anything happens in 2012, Russia reveals secret giant robot prototypes and we're all fucked.

hint: Putin pilots the biggest one.

I mean, the sun has been going wild with solar flares and sun spots
Uh. No. The solar activity cycle - it has an eleven-year cycle of highs and lows - is in a low right now. 80% of 2009 so far has had absolutely no sunspots. Where the heck did you hear that? There was a nice solar flare a couple of days ago, but that's just one of those cool things that happen every now and then, not the sun "going wild with solar flares and sun spots".

For the past while this has been freaking me out, the way the media has been completely overdoing it. I was scared at first, but then my Dad told me what had happened around Y2K (My parents never told me anything about it really and I was a bit too young to understand). Apparently this was exactly what had happened, and that the world had gone into "post-apocalyptic crisis" for nothing (My Dad was ticked, as he had been working as hard as possible as one of the project leaders in Western Canada here).

So, It doesn't concern me at all anymore. That's my 2 cents.

I think the Mayans were like, "Hey guys, you know what? Let's just fuck it. Freak some niggas out in the future."

If anything happens in 2012, Russia reveals secret giant robot prototypes and we're all fucked.

hint: Putin pilots the biggest one.

But what if one of the prototypes gets lost and is found by a little Californian boy who teaches it compassion and it ends up saving us all from a nuke?

Back
Top Bottom