• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

3DS price to decrease - 20 free games for those who already own it

spaekle

emotionless and cold as ice
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6325850/nintendo-slashes-3ds-prices

So basically the 3DS is flopping and Nintendo is probably afraid of the Vita so the price of the 3DS is going down dramatically!

If you're interested in a 3DS, you could just wait until August 12 for the lower price, or you could buy it now and get this:

By way of compensation to those who have bought the handheld at the higher price, Nintendo also announced it will be giving 20 free downloadable games for existing 3DS owners. While half of the games released as part of the so-called "Nintendo 3DS Ambassador" programme will be available on the Nintendo eShop at a later date, the company said, the other half will be exclusive to the early adopters.

10 NES virtual console titles--including Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Jr., Balloon Fight, Ice Climber and The Legend of Zelda--will be released first to members of the programme, and will appear on the Nintendo eShop at a later date. Programme members will also get 10 GBA virtual console games--including Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong--that Nintendo says it has no plans to release to the general public. Any 3DS owners who connect to the Nintendo eShop before midnight US Eastern Time on August 11 will be automatically entered into the programme.

I'm actually excited about 20 free games. Sure they're all VC and I could just emulate them on my PSP, but hey, free stuff! The games listed in the article aren't even all of them.

Well, this kinda makes up for the fact that I just bought my 3Ds on Monday. It's like buying Apple products all over again.

I'm really excited for Yoshi's Island in particular. I hope the other 10 titles are good. It's nice to see they're trying as I've had my 3DS since launch.

I hope this happens in the UK. I wasn't sure if I wanted one, but now I have heard this...

In Japan the price of the handheld is dropping 40 percent to ¥15,000; in the US it is dropping 32 percent to $169.00; and in Australia gamers will see the price drop 29 percent to AU$249.99. Gamers in Europe will hope to see similar reductions; Nintendo UK confirmed to GameSpot that the trade price of the console will be dropping by "around a third" but did not offer concrete information since exact pricing is set by retailers.

The price is dropping everywhere. Apparently they can't give a set price for Europe but it'll be by at least a third!

I'm not sure about the exact price for Canada. :c

EDIT: some googling turned this Canadian flyer up saying the price will be lowered to $198. At Wal-Mart anyway.

of course it's flopping, there's a few good games out for it and it costs almost $400.

maybe i can try to get it then with birthday money o/

Actually it's $250.

...Which is still as much as the Wii was when it first released. And it came with Wii Sports for free. :|

Well, anyway, I'm happy. I've got a 3DS, and I'm really looking forward to Yoshi's Island GBA (which I actually had before I lost my DSLite). I consider that to be one of the best games I've ever played.

I'm definetely waiting to buy a 3ds now.

I can probably get a copy of The Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D and a case with the money I'm saving.

Yay! I was planning on saving up for a bit to buy the system, but it looks like I'll be able to buy it once August 12th rolls around. Even though I'll be broke afterwards.

I'm impressed that Nintendo's letting those who bought it earlier to download twenty games, too. They could have easily done nothing of the sort.

Can't help it, I must have one now. The price initially was what chased me away since my family is financially struggling a bit. But now? This is much better and certainly affordable in our price range. I might get it for Christmas.

Or maybe I'll wait for the redesign. I'll think about it.

According to a blog I read, the value of the games adds up to around $90, so Nintendo is giving back $10 to early adopters. How nice of them.

What I have to wonder is, why is a console getting a price drop four months in? Isn't this usually something they do after six months at the earliest? Is the 3DS tanking that badly in sales? I haven't look at NPD's numbers or anything.

I don't think I'll get one even after this price drop, personally, still not enough titles that entice me, and I'm not through many of my DS games yet.

Now this'll be really nice if I decide to get a 3DS~ *haven't really decided yet* I guess it's sort of a good thing that I waited a bit longer instead of getting it immediately.

I gotta say, though, I really had no idea the 3DS was doing that badly with the sales... I actually remember it to be pretty hyped up.

What I have to wonder is, why is a console getting a price drop four months in? Isn't this usually something they do after six months at the earliest? Is the 3DS tanking that badly in sales? I haven't look at NPD's numbers or anything.

I think it has more to do with the near release of the PSV. Also, with its launch lineup and its price the thing really wasn't even as close to as good as its predecessors (don't quote me on that though).

It's both; sales are horrible due to a lack of good games, both indie and franchise. Not to mention its main game is a remake. Not even a remake, just a revamp.

The PSV however already has backwards-compatibility wit PSP games digitally, and there's been talks of it being dev-friendly, which allows for more indie games to be developed for it. PS3 cross-platform gaming is also in the works with most games like the new Wipeout.

nellyw.png

Call me a silly consumer, but I forgive Nintendo for lowering the price after I bought a 3DS.

Back
Top Bottom